Test**Bret Favre to Announce Retirement**Test

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. With Carson Palmer's health in question look for Kitna to stay with The Bengals. They will pay him quite well, even if he ends up being a back-up to Palmer. The Bengals are to close to putting it all together not to keep Kitna one more year in case Palmer doesn't come back 100% at the beginning of next year.

2.Drew Brees is to much of a risk to tie up the 8 million cap money he wants. There are teams a lot more desparate then The Packers who will spend the money.(Miami, New Orleans, Arizona)

3.TT drafted Aaron Rogers last year because he was an absolute steal at #24, so if Brett retires Rogers will be the starter, Rogers has been a stand up guy, signing a contract that The Packers could afford while he sat and hopefully learned, he will be ready, but probably not ready enough, so let's hope Brett comes back. I just wonder how much money we actually save if Brett retires, because when he does Roger's incentive ladened contract will kick in and he will be a very rich man.

4. All the articles that have been posted seem to me as being a lot of smoke and mirrors. I cannot believe TT does not already know what Brett is going to do,the fact is that the more mis-information that gets out the better off for The Packers, TT is said to be a very good judge of personal, he got burnt last year with Murphy getting hurt, and with taking Rogers for the future last years draft didn't make that sudden impact we needed, but we did get some future starters.

5. I am just waiting for the owners to get their heads out of their ***** and decide what they want, then free agency will begin. Watch closely who TT goes after and the Brett retirement question will become easier to answer.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Well, in terms of Brett before Packers or Packers before Brett, I have no clue becuz technically, I havent lived to watch a game w/o Brett. I have, but only by a year. Ive just never seen a game w/o him and dont know what it will be like without Brett. And as far as I'm conserned I'll be a Packer Fan for life, but Brett, whatever bad things he might throw our way, I'll need support :cry: :cry:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
When Majik went down, I wanted him to get back up, then after time I was glad he didn't.

Yea, I remember that. After a few games I couldn't stop watching that kid Favre. And I would still like that to continue for one more year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
Zero2Cool said:
When Majik went down, I wanted him to get back up, then after time I was glad he didn't.

Yea, I remember that. After a few games I couldn't stop watching that kid Favre. And I would still like that to continue for one more year.

I'm not saying YOU specifically, but each year for the last 2-3 we've all been saying 'jus one more year' lol

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
DePack said:
JbShell said:
I havent lost sleep because of Brett.

You will when he retires :cry:

Naa I have real world concerns to worry about like my Family I call it prioties

1 God
2 Family
3 Country
4 Me
5 Packers (unless it is the offseason)then drops to 6 after Sci Fi Channel

Great priorities....I'm with you.....but I'm willing to bet you are on this site more often than you are in church. :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT-romadz said....

"Do I think the packers could be competitive next year without favre? POssibly. It only takes 4 things:

1. The defense needs to come back and be as good as they were. Since its the same scheme and sanders is a familiar coach, thats easy.

2. Fix the offensive line. With money to spend, and good draft position, we should be able to do that easilly.

3. Stay healthy. Having a team full of pro bowlers means nothing when theyre all hurt.

4. Get a solid replacement. If Rodgers is the QB next year, I agree...we will not be very competitive. If we get Brees(a healthy brees) or Kitna, then yes, we can be very competitive in the NFC North(NFC Crap).

The problem is, we dont know if we need to go after Brees or Kitna cuz of favres indecision. If he waits,waits,waits, and then ends up retiring, he will almost personally single handedly sabatoged the 06\07 season. Cuz what that will do is mean, we'll have a solid team, but Rodgers at QB, and thats a death wish. "

Gee TT..

This is an AWFUL lot of things that have to come together right away for the Packers to be good this year...TT. Especially with a new QB, new HC...new DC...and quite a few holes in quite a few positions.....etc..etc..

No..no..the best bet for the Pack is, and has always been in this era, to get Brett Favre on the field and surround him with some "legitimate" weapons at receiver....a decent running game...and guys who can pass protect.....

Oh..and also a defense that doesn't give up a million points....they don't have to be the best defense...but they at least have to be decent...Sherman never figured this one out...!

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
JbShell said:
DePack said:
JbShell said:
I havent lost sleep because of Brett.

You will when he retires :cry:

Naa I have real world concerns to worry about like my Family I call it prioties

1 God
2 Family
3 Country
4 Me
5 Packers (unless it is the offseason)then drops to 6 after Sci Fi Channel
Great priorities....I'm with you.....but I'm willing to bet you are on this site more often than you are in church. :lol:

yeah just a little

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the "just one more year" thing is at it's end. IF he does come back, i truely believe this would be the end.
I talked to Deanna Favre last year (before i got booted from Favre's site) and i asked her for a definite answer as to how many more years Brett would play. She told me probably two. (Meaning this would be the last year this coming season.)

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought. Favre's indecision may be good for the Packers! If they don't know the decision of this position it's hard to address it. This will free up money if they try to get some FA QB(QB's are generally the highest paid). They now can focus on what this team really needs. OL help and DL help. Putting our money into these two areas of the team will be more solid for the team in future than blowing a *** on a QB. More bang for your buck as they say.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT-romadz said....

"Do I think the packers could be competitive next year without favre? POssibly. It only takes 4 things:

1. The defense needs to come back and be as good as they were. Since its the same scheme and sanders is a familiar coach, thats easy.

2. Fix the offensive line. With money to spend, and good draft position, we should be able to do that easilly.

3. Stay healthy. Having a team full of pro bowlers means nothing when theyre all hurt.

4. Get a solid replacement. If Rodgers is the QB next year, I agree...we will not be very competitive. If we get Brees(a healthy brees) or Kitna, then yes, we can be very competitive in the NFC North(NFC Crap).

The problem is, we dont know if we need to go after Brees or Kitna cuz of favres indecision. If he waits,waits,waits, and then ends up retiring, he will almost personally single handedly sabatoged the 06\07 season. Cuz what that will do is mean, we'll have a solid team, but Rodgers at QB, and thats a death wish. "

Gee TT..

This is an AWFUL lot of things that have to come together right away for the Packers to be good this year...TT. Especially with a new QB, new HC...new DC...and quite a few holes in quite a few positions.....etc..etc..

No..no..the best bet for the Pack is, and has always been in this era, to get Brett Favre on the field and surround him with some "legitimate" weapons at receiver....a decent running game...and guys who can pass protect.....

Oh..and also a defense that doesn't give up a million points....they don't have to be the best defense...but they at least have to be decent...Sherman never figured this one out...!

an awful lot of things to have to come together? sigh..

we have 30 million dollars to spend, and a high draft pick. That means we (should) get a good o-line, and 'legitimate' weapons for your boyfriend. And a defense that doesnt give up a million points? Last years defense didnt, and since its the same scheme, and with (hopefully) better players plugged in, theres no reason to think that will change.

With 30 million to spend, and high draft picks....Favre should have made his decision already. Not doing so, is an insult to TT\MM\Harlan\Fans and the GB organization.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's see..

does this ring a bell...??

Bates is gone...
(Think that might have anything to do with anything...D***A**?)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do you think you can put a new team together overnight with a rookie (or journeyman) QB and be competitive? I want what you're smoking...cause it must be good..totally kills all the brain cells..eh?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats your response? are you kidding me?

Its the same system, same scheme, with one of the same coaches.

wow....just wow, Idiot66

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Trom I dont understand him almost all the posts from him are thes stupid negative dumb thoughts

Staff online

Latest posts