Test**Bret Favre to Announce Retirement**Test

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a test of the Brett Favre Retirement emergency broadcast system. Had this been an actual retirement You would recieve as many details as needed.

Please return to the angst and speculation have a nice day.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
This was a test of the Brett Favre Retirement emergency broadcast system. Had this been an actual retirement You would recieve as many details as needed.

Please return to the angst and speculation have a nice day.

Actually, had this been an actual announcement, you would have been instructed to go to your local neighborhood drinking establishment and

:beer: either to celebrate or drown in your :packbeer:

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This post made me think of an interesting fan question.

How many people here are fans of the Pack because of Favre? If so, would you leave the fan base if and when Favre retires?

Obviously the majority of posters are Packer fans first and will not leave when Favre retires. I am just curious if there are just Favre fans out there.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started out as a GBP fan because of St. Vincent with Cardinals Bart (Starr), Paul (Hornung), and Ray (Nitschke) (not to mention Forrest (Gregg), Carrol (Dale), and Boyd (Dowler). I didn't desert when they left, and I won't when (eventually) Brett hangs up his cleats.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's take a poll of how many people on this forum "WOULD LIKE" to see Brett Favre retire from the GB Packers....

Favre doesn't owe the Packers a thing...yet people are holding a grudge against him for some reason....

Just wait until he actually does retire and the next Packer QB fails to live up to the previous one...then I believe, some of you people will be singing a different tune!

The chickens will come home to ROOST!!

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Pack get over yourself. No one here wants Brett to retire. Some of us would like a DECISION but it will come in its due time wont it

I have been a Packer Fan before ans will be one after.

And Pack no QB will live up to what Favre has done so it is a mute point you are making.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody here is a GBP fan first but Brett Favre has meant more to this franchise for at least the past 40 years. Some may argue for all time. Why some on this board continue to disrespect him or "get pissed" at him for taking his time to make a life changing decision is beyond me.

Just because it keeps you awake at night thinking about it doesn't mean he should have to rush it. BTW....has anybody in any other sport kept you up at night worrying about their retirement? That in itself should show you how important he is to this franchise.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bow to no man.

I go to Mass on Sunday mornings and I watch football in the afternoon. In that order.

I love Brett Favre but agree with many that he is not the only player on this team. I believe that he is as much responsible for the wins the Packers have enjoyed over the last several years as the losses - like any other member of the team - coaches included. I do have a morbid curiosity to see how well he'd fare with a contender. I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if he left the Packers to do so.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack said: Everybody here is a GBP fan first but Brett Favre has meant more to this franchise for at least the past 40 years. Some may argue for all time. Why some on this board continue to disrespect him or "get pissed" at him for taking his time to make a life changing decision is beyond me.

Pack66 said: Favre doesn't owe the Packers a thing...yet people are holding a grudge against him for some reason....
------------

-"some reason?" 'Some reason?' sigh.... How many times does it have to be explained to you guys(and not just by me, other rational people have said it too) that Favres indecision will screw up free agency and the draft. Management doesnt know if they should get a good backup QB (brees,Kitna) because it would be a waste of money IF Favre came back. IF Favre left, that would be a good move to make, but IF he stayed, its such a waste of money.

If Favre retires before the draft, maybe management would get a QB in the 3rd round or something. If Favre said he isnt going to retire before the Draft, then management probably wouldnt waste a pick on a QB this year.

Favres indecision will significantly change the way GB handles Free Agency and the Draft.

THAT is the "some reason" people are being pissed. I wish Favre could take forever to decide, but the second it hurts the GB organization, it will upset people. Those who aren't offended by Favres actions are nothing but ingrates.

Now I hope Favre stays, and I hope favre decides hes staying soon, as in..before free agency. But taking his time after free agency begins is doing the GB organization a great disservice, and is not what I want from my favorite QB. It saddens me.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
JbShell said:
I havent lost sleep because of Brett.

You will when he retires :cry:

Naa I have real world concerns to worry about like my Family I call it prioties

1 God
2 Family
3 Country
4 Me
5 Packers (unless it is the offseason)then drops to 6 after Sci Fi Channel

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me favre is such a bif deal because since ive been able to watch football favre has been are man it will be really hard to cope with life without favre but I will always be a packer fan

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT-romadz..

And I think TT should worry more about signing some big name free agent receivers..(TO...ring a bell TT?)..so he can try to make the decision easier for Favre to come back...

and c'mon TT-romadz...do you actually think the Packers are going to be competitive next year without Favre? YOu've got another thing coming......

Oh..I'll still be a Packer fan..and route for the Pack....but I still think they'll suck this year and the next....signing Favre is their only shot at WINNING NOW!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok a couple things yes we could compete and why should we sign TO

TO- why sign a lud mouth baby who is a cancer for a team I dont think Favre would want him on the team he is crap

Compete- I think that we have a way better chance to compete with Favre but I still think we could without him. We have lots of money we could get drew brees we have a high draft pick to build our team with good players and we could build defense really well then we wouldnt need a great offense just an average one

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT-romadz..

And I think TT should worry more about signing some big name free agent receivers..(TO...ring a bell TT?)..so he can try to make the decision easier for Favre to come back...

and c'mon TT-romadz...do you actually think the Packers are going to be competitive next year without Favre? YOu've got another thing coming......

Oh..I'll still be a Packer fan..and route for the Pack....but I still think they'll suck this year and the next....signing Favre is their only shot at WINNING NOW!

Did you....did you just say GB should get T.O? Are you kidding me? I have trouble reading sarcasm on the internet sometimes, and I think thats whats going on here. Nobody could be that stupid to say that.

Do I think the packers could be competitive next year without favre? POssibly. It only takes 4 things:

1. The defense needs to come back and be as good as they were. Since its the same scheme and sanders is a familiar coach, thats easy.

2. Fix the offensive line. With money to spend, and good draft position, we should be able to do that easilly.

3. Stay healthy. Having a team full of pro bowlers means nothing when theyre all hurt.

4. Get a solid replacement. If Rodgers is the QB next year, I agree...we will not be very competitive. If we get Brees(a healthy brees) or Kitna, then yes, we can be very competitive in the NFC North(NFC Crap).

The problem is, we dont know if we need to go after Brees or Kitna cuz of favres indecision. If he waits,waits,waits, and then ends up retiring, he will almost personally single handedly sabatoged the 06\07 season. Cuz what that will do is mean, we'll have a solid team, but Rodgers at QB, and thats a death wish.

IF Favre were to retire now, we could get a quality FA pickup, or draft a solid QB in the draft as insurance. But favres indecision is hurting the managements choice-making procedures, cuz they dont know who the QB is right now. Its ridiculous

And you say GB should get some quality parts to surround favre(wr,oline,etc) and I agree. The problem is, if we get some solid guards, and a good WR, and favre THEN decides to come back, guess what..we will probably have a nice chunk of change left in the budget, money we could have used earlier in free agency to get favre MORE quality teammates. Favre is not only hurting the packers, hes hurting himself if he does come back.

Of course this is only if he keeps waiting. If he comes out tomorrow and says hes retiring\staying, then this is all for nothing, and he wouldnt have been holding the organization hostage.

But when Day 1 of free agency begins, he will be hurting the pack more and more as each hour passes...and thats a damn shame, that a great man such as favre would do that to a team he says he loves, and a team that has given him free reign all these years to be the QB he wants to be.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, he wasnt very good in the action he saw (although limited). He is rumored to not be very good in practices (and people will say they are closed, so how would I know, as if things never get leaked. I heard this on espn a while back, he coulda improved).

And its his 2nd OC in 2 years, which never helps a young QB.

Id rather bring in Kitna for a year while rodgers learns.

I just think we have a better shot at competing with Kitna,Brees,etc over A-Rod in 2006. But thats me.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I am a bigger fan of Ray Nitschke than I am of Brett Favre...

$hit maybe if Ray retires I will stop being a Packer fan... What? the guy is already retired and passed away.... I am very sorry to hear that... and I am still a Packer Fan and will still be for life !!!!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom i agree with you that we will be more competitive but I am sick of people acting like rodgers is kyle orton I will not bash until he has played more

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
trom i agree with you that we will be more competitive but I am sick of people acting like rodgers is kyle orton I will not bash until he has played more

For the love of God please use some kind of punctuation when you post because it's so hard to read when people just put a bunch of words together and when people have absolutely no regard for any sentence structure now i dont claim to be an English person but i would appreciate it if.... :puke: OK, sorry man. I agree with your take on Rodgers by the way!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts