Tearing it Down

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our offensive line was not good this year. Having to help our tackles all the time limits our offense. Yes we have Jenkins, and a giant gaping hole next to him. and yes it was the OLine that cost us games. It's been a common theme in all of our big games. The difference with David in the line up this year was immediate and obvious. I'm not trading him for a 3rd rounder to save what is going to amount to 2-3 million bucks, tops and leave us with a much worse Oline.
I don't see the big difference with Bahk in there. We could not run any better with him and we were not getting sacked from that side when Tom took over.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR can I just say it is refreshing to be able to carry on a discussion of different thoughts without anyone descending into childish responses or blocking @Mondio respect man!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the big difference with Bahk in there. We could not run any better with him and we were not getting sacked from that side when Tom took over.
On sunday, you're right. We didn't run any better to that side for a lot of runs. But for the past 5 weeks, running to the left was a strength, it was noticeably better to me at least.
The other part is if you're just watching the outcome of the play you might not notice, but we don't have to help the left side of the line hardly at all. it seals the best on run plays, they pull the best and David is part of that. pass blocking, it's not even close on an individual level. There is so much more we can do on the left with no help when it's David and Jenkins over there.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I disagree, Slaton and Wyatt both in the final three games put forth some of their best work and games. Reed was not a slouch at all most of the season. We will lose Reed and Lowry most likely this off season, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if we could see us go after an athletic big man to recoup some of that loss. Slaton and Wyatt both show they could be quite strong moving forward.
Still would like to see us go to a 4-3 and rotate linemen on downs. When they doubled Reggie teams still had trouble running the ball against us.

D

Deleted member 6794

We will lose Reed and Lowry most likely this off season, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if we could see us go after an athletic big man to recoup some of that loss.

Reed expressed his desire to return to the Packers next season. I think there's a decent chance they will be able to agree to a reasonable contract.

Yeah I messed up Campbell, but Jones I'm not seeing what you are Capt. Wouldn't we be on the bill for about $9.5M of it?

Next season, Jones is set to earn a base salary of $8.1 million, has a roster bonus of $7 million due on March 19, a workout bonus of $500K and per game roster bonuses of $400K. A team acquiring him before he receives the roster bonus is on the hook for all of it for a total of $16.5 million in 2023.

Still would like to see us go to a 4-3 and rotate linemen on downs. When they doubled Reggie teams still had trouble running the ball against us.

The Packers changing to a 4-3 wouldn't automatically improve their defense.

Members online

Latest posts