Taysom Hill

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I used to get it when I ran. Cortisone injections help, stretching helps more. I'd have to walk backwards in the morning until it loosened up. He won't feel it during the game.
Had issues with mine for years. Then it snapped one time..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Taysom Hill scored 20.7 fantasy points against the Cowboys last night despite throwing four INTs. He had to have made someone happy? :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
visionary
OK well I'll admit I was on the optimistic side of the Taysom Hill equation. I know last night was one game, but 4 INTs and a completion % below 50? That's not gonna cut it. I mean it's not even borderline, not even close. Experiment at QB over. Now they have a guy who runs Wildcat maybe 50 times/season all for a guaranteed $20 mil. I suppose he can play some tab TE at 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. That GM should be fired today if he/she is responsible for that contract.

And add to this that the Cowboys have become a very beatable team, at least by playoff-worthy teams. They have all their chips on their O and that's fading. Makes me wonder if the Saints prevail if Winston or Siemian are QB last night.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taysom Hill scored 20.7 fantasy points against the Cowboys last night despite throwing four INTs. He had to have made someone happy? :)
Interesting stat Poker. 4 INTs, below 50% completion and 20 plus fantasy points. That's why I stopped betting on fantasy teams! A few people picked Hill last night and probably made some $$$.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Interesting stat Poker. 4 INTs, below 50% completion and 20 plus fantasy points. That's why I stopped betting on fantasy teams! A few people picked Hill last night and probably made some $$$.
Agreed, which is why I like to say one of 2 things to "fans" that seem to think that real football operates under the same parameters. "This isn't fantasy football" or "This isn't Madden Football".

In Taysom's defense, that Saints team is a shell of the team it was to start the season and looked pretty pathetic at times last night.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That GM should be fired today if he/she is responsible for that contract.

And add to this that the Cowboys have become a very beatable team, at least by playoff-worthy teams. They have all their chips on their O and that's fading. Makes me wonder if the Saints prevail if Winston or Siemian are QB last night.
IF Hill started & played all game, the way he did last night, he wouldn't make it through 4 games before IR would be calling him (and that's being optimistic). He jammed his middle finger in the 1st quarter on a rushers forearm, requiring taped-splint rest of the game. Hit it on rushers at least another 2 times throughout game. Took a couple of violent shoulder shots after following through. Ran many times, slid 75% of them but took a few hard shots, also. His QB-life would be short with that style of play.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IF Hill started & played all game, the way he did last night, he wouldn't make it through 4 games before IR would be calling him (and that's being optimistic). He jammed his middle finger in the 1st quarter on a rushers forearm, requiring taped-splint rest of the game. Hit it on rushers at least another 2 times throughout game. Took a couple of violent shoulder shots after following through. Ran many times, slid 75% of them but took a few hard shots, also. His QB-life would be short with that style of play.
So what you are saying is....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints are a team without their top three explosive players on offense (Alvin Kamara - RB, Michael Thomas - WR, and Jameis Winston - QB). It is very rare for a team to be good in that scenario, and then add on top all of the other players who are out.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did ok considering their running back is out and their numba 1 receiver has covid or something.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I stopped watching at halftime. Hill didn't do much, either way, to surprise me. At times he looked good, at times he looked bad. Guess I can say the same thing about a lot of the Packer backups through the years. I still like what he provides the team and if you look at the details (released yesterday) of his new contract, while he has guaranteed money of $21.5 M over 4 years, the contract is filled with incentives that probably won't be reached, unless he becomes a really good starting QB.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was what he's always been. An athlete. He has 3 plays. Run, 1 read and run, Play action and throw to wide open or run.

He's fun to watch on some plays, but he's not a guy you run an offense thru. 1, he won't last a half a season. 2, when you're that limited defenses catch on really quick. 3, i know he had a hurt finger, but man did he miss some throws. All those nice runs, huffing and puffing and then has a wide open easy TD and misses horribly. It wasn't the only one that night.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Saints are a team without their top three explosive players on offense (Alvin Kamara - RB, Michael Thomas - WR, and Jameis Winston - QB). It is very rare for a team to be good in that scenario, and then add on top all of the other players who are out.
I think that their OL has been devastated by injuries as well. The Packers aren't the only team to have major injuries hit. The difference between the Packers and Saints thought is the Packers have only lost Rodgers for 1 game and their backup OL players have been pretty decent.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Our backups across the board have been winning games which makes all of the difference. That was the same case in 2010 with Eric Walden, Frank Zombo, Brian Bulaga, Charlie Peprah, James Starks, Desmond Bishop, Howard Green, and last but not least....Jarrett Bush in the SB with his greatest game by far (IMO - the real MVP).

I had to look this stat up, which I mostly remembered. In 2010 we had sixteen players on IR by the end of the season, six of whom were starters. This year it's a little different because players can come back off of IR, but we had ten on there with six of them being starters: Bahktiari, Z Smith, Tonyan, Josh Myers, Jaire, and now Elgton.

Good teams have the depth to whether the injury storms.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try not to bring up fantasy on here because it is not real football, but since someone else already did................ On fanduel Hill scored 24.66 pts. last night. If you used him as your MVP in single game contests since he was priced as a back up QB you probably won some money last night. If you (this is me) used him as your QB in the Thursday thru Monday contest you have some extra salary to build the rest of your line-up.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mallet finger, he's gonna play through it. On the throwing hand, seems an unnecessary risk to me as he's probably only a marginal upgrade over Siemian.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I used to get it when I ran. Cortisone injections help, stretching helps more. I'd have to walk backwards in the morning until it loosened up. He won't feel it during the game.
I got it back in the day from tennis then I used orthotics. Then I got later on a few heel spurs. Avoiding surgery they stretched out and never felt them again.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is the part that some people forget about Hill, his ability to do other things other than stand around on the sidelines with a clipboard like most backup QB's do. Is he the best QB, TE, WR, special teams player on the team or in football? Not at all, but he is about the only guy that can play all of those positions at a decent NFL level, on any given day.

The Saints would most likely be better off using NFL caliber players at each of those positions instead of Hill. While he can have an impact at each of the positons you mentioned he's a downgrade for ever pro level player excelling at his respective position.

Mallet finger, he's gonna play through it. On the throwing hand, seems an unnecessary risk to me as he's probably only a marginal upgrade over Siemian.

Hill isn't an upgrade over Siemian at quarterback at all.

Members online

Latest posts