• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this team feel Super Bowl ready? We can pass, run, play defense, and not screw up on special teams. the Niners and Giants are not looking to make the playoffs so our Kryptonites won't be there. What do you all think?

Reaction score
Agree about being balanced. I wouldn't be so sure about the 49ers not making the playoffs though, I still think they get in. However, unlike years past I feel good about beating them, especially if we get them at home

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I dunno.
I feel like we go through this every year.
A great and exciting reg. season only to be let down by one and done in the playoffs.
If we beat the Patsies at home, then I'll start thinking this team can go all the way.
This is the first strong and winning team we have played in a while.
Yeah, I know that the Pack had to grind to win in all in 2011 but that was then with a different time and team and this is now. Apples to oranges.
If others want to get excited, fine. I'm just going to wait and see.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I dunno.
A great and exciting reg. season only to be let down by one and done in the playoffs.
If we beat the Patsies at home, then I'll start thinking this team can go all the way.
Yeah, I know that the Pack had to grind to win in all in 2011 but that was then with a different time and team and this is now. Apples to oranges.
If others want to get excited, fine. I'm just going to wait and see.
Yeah, what he said.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until I see them beat the Best Defenses I would say no they are not Quite there yet. This Next game will tell something, but the Pats are not great on Defense and scheme more. The Packers have to be able to move the ball and score against the Best Defenses to be Super Bowl Ready. Then comes the question of the Packer Run Defense....That is very Suspect to say the least. The Pats O line is very good and this will be another test to show how ready they are.

So basically if they beat the Pats that would be another step and prove something.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until I see them beat the Best Defenses I would say no they are not Quite there yet. This Next game will tell something, but the Pats are not great on Defense and scheme more. The Packers have to be able to move the ball and score against the Best Defenses to be Super Bowl Ready. Then comes the question of the Packer Run Defense....That is very Suspect to say the least. The Pats O line is very good and this will be another test to show how ready they are.

So basically if they beat the Pats that would be another step and prove something.
As well as our defense stopping their offense.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Lions, Cowboys, and Eagles all sneak in and keep the Niners and Seahawks out. As long as those two teams miss out, I think we have a great chance at going on a Super Bowl run.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Lions, Cowboys, and Eagles all sneak in and keep the Niners and Seahawks out. As long as those two teams miss out, I think we have a great chance at going on a Super Bowl run.

Dallas in? really?

I would rather face the 49ers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 8-3 and the current #2 seed. Of course we're a Super Bowl contender.

No matter what happens this Sunday, I'm not going to judge their Super Bowl chances based on that one game alone. I know the forum and fans will freak (like after the Saints game) if the results are not good, but in a 16 game season where ups and downs are common, one game doesn't make or break a team.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas in? really?

I would rather face the 49ers.

No way. The Niners have our number. I know Romo has had a great year, but I think our defense could still force at least one INT. And I'm not sold that the Cowboys won't choke in the playoffs, yet at least. The Niners appear to have taken a step back, but I think they'd still beat us. we matchup terribly against them. Their D is good enough to slow down Rodgers while their O is good enough to put up points. They are that typical physical football team we struggle to beat.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we need to wait and see. If we make it to the Superbowl and we are up going into the last minute, then yes. I will then go out on a limb and say we can win it this year.

Olay, now without the sarcasm. They have a better chance this year than most teams. There are maybe 2 or 3 teams that have about the same shot or slightly better. So, can they? Of course! Not sure how or why any fan would say differently.

I see a very powerful and deep team that seems to be growing and evolving each week. A little better each week. No reason to think that will suddenly stop.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we need to wait and see. If we make it to the Superbowl and we are up going into the last minute, then yes. I will then go out on a limb and say we can win it this year.

Olay, now without the sarcasm. They have a better chance this year than most teams. There are maybe 2 or 3 teams that have about the same shot or slightly better. So, can they? Of course! Not sure how or why any fan would say differently.

I see a very powerful and deep team that seems to be growing and evolving each week. A little better each week. No reason to think that will suddenly stop.

Spot on. Theres no reason to think this team isnt a contender. Even if they dont win it all that wont change the fact they have as good a shot as any. Hense contender. Why some fans attempt to be pessimistic this year and keep comming up with reasons not to believe I dunno.... Prolly just hedging bets..... Still though no matter what happen sunday they're still contenders

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I dunno.

Sometimes I feel like people forget how recently we won a Superbowl. Since then, we've had two great regular seasons and then last year's debacle (which still turned into an NFC North title). Most teams only dream of that kind of success.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see how we do against New England before we start this thread, and wait until after we have to go TO Buffalo in December before we start answering the question.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We all see and worry about our warts because we know our team better than outsiders. It's like this in the other 31 NFL cities as well.

Psssst..... outsiders are talking about us as one of the two or three best teams in the NFL.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all see and worry about our warts because we know our team better than outsiders. It's like this in the other 31 NFL cities as well.

Psssst..... outsiders are talking about us as one of the two or three best teams in the NFL.
have to disagree on the 31 other teams. Probably 15 other teams have much more and more legitimate issues complain about and 10 other teams are so bad they are only dreaming of a complete roster/coaching/ gm change.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Also, I have been calling it all year but... Indianapolis is the best AFC team and should be in the Super Bowl.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. The Niners have our number. I know Romo has had a great year, but I think our defense could still force at least one INT. And I'm not sold that the Cowboys won't choke in the playoffs, yet at least. The Niners appear to have taken a step back, but I think they'd still beat us. we matchup terribly against them. Their D is good enough to slow down Rodgers while their O is good enough to put up points. They are that typical physical football team we struggle to beat.

I think if we played them, 9ers, this year that we would not only beat them but do it soundly. Our defense has improved significantly with better play on the back end and more athleticism in the front 7 while their offense has regressed. I also think that our Offense is much better now with Bakhtiari in his second year and Bulaga's return.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we played them, 9ers, this year that we would not only beat them but do it soundly. Our defense has improved significantly with better play on the back end and more athleticism in the front 7 while their offense has regressed. I also think that our Offense is much better now with Bakhtiari in his second year and Bulaga's return.

I hope you're right. I simply don't think we match up well with them. We never do against physical teams like that.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have to disagree with this statement. We dismantled the Eagles just a few weeks back. You can say what you want about Mark Sanchez being the QB but we hammered the same Eagles that spanked the Cowboys yesterday. Say what you will about the Boys but that is a good football team right there. Philly took them to the woodshed yesterday and all that did was make me appreciate the Eagle beatdown even more. I naturally hope we win this weekend and have a good feeling we will do just that. However, be it a W or an L, I will not be overreacting to the outcome as it is one game. We aren't dealing with a one and done scenario and short of us getting completely manhandled I believe I will still be optimistic about our chances come PO time. We are playing some pretty damn good ball right now and I expect us to continue to get better. The young guys are getting more experience as each week passes and so long as our key playmakers on both sides stay relatively healthy I like our chances against anyone come PO time. Can we kick this game off already?!?!? GPG!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts