• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say a team is Super Bowl/Championship ready is to say, in advance, that they will win the turnover margin in the playoffs. As there hasn't been close correlation between regular season turnover margin and playoff turnover margin, there's no way to say any team is "ready". A team needs to make sure they make the playoffs, and they need to win the turnover margin (or in rare instances be number two in margin) once they get there. One would like to think that being first in regular season turnover margin gives the Pack a huge leg up, but being second in turnover margin in 2011 didn't matter much when they handed the ball over to the Giants four times. The most one can hope for, come single elimination time, is that Rodgers' blind side will be protected and guys will hold the ball high and tight when they're running with the ball. Of course, it really helps that Rodgers has almost a 4:1 TD to INT ratio.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, lots of deep thoughts and stuff. Me? I'm just a football guy and I think this team is as Super Bowl ready as any team in the NFL right now, regardless of the outcome against the Pats. No thoughtful analysis to back that up other than many many decades of watching this team, good and bad. Things feel good right now, hope it lasts through February.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with this statement. We dismantled the Eagles just a few weeks back. You can say what you want about Mark Sanchez being the QB but we hammered the same Eagles that spanked the Cowboys yesterday. Say what you will about the Boys but that is a good football team right there. Philly took them to the woodshed yesterday and all that did was make me appreciate the Eagle beatdown even more. I naturally hope we win this weekend and have a good feeling we will do just that. However, be it a W or an L, I will not be overreacting to the outcome as it is one game. We aren't dealing with a one and done scenario and short of us getting completely manhandled I believe I will still be optimistic about our chances come PO time. We are playing some pretty damn good ball right now and I expect us to continue to get better. The young guys are getting more experience as each week passes and so long as our key playmakers on both sides stay relatively healthy I like our chances against anyone come PO time. Can we kick this game off already?!?!? GPG!
Even though we may have to agree to disagree I like your attitude anyway.
I do have faith in the Packers but not so much that I'll be setting myself up to feel really let down.
I really want them to beat the Patsies. Not just for another win for them but also to make me and others feel real good about their chances.
The Eagles are good but don't have the elite rep. that the Patsies have.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though we may have to agree to disagree I like your attitude anyway.
I do have faith in the Packers but not so much that I'll be setting myself up to feel really let down.
I really want them to beat the Patsies. Not just for another win for them but also to make me and others feel real good about their chances.
The Eagles are good but don't have the elite rep. that the Patsies have.
I can get down with that. I think the QB the Eagles have has a lot to do with their lack of a wow factor. All in all they are a pretty good team though and I could see them being a tough out come PO time. The Pats are the team all the pundits love to slobber over and believe you me a win of any type by our boys would be something sweet. Like I said if we lose and it's not a complete beatdown I will be fine. The only way I come out of this game surprised is if one of the team smashes the other. GPG!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can get down with that. I think the QB the Eagles have has a lot to do with their lack of a wow factor. All in all they are a pretty good team though and I could see them being a tough out come PO time. The Pats are the team all the pundits love to slobber over and believe you me a win of any type by our boys would be something sweet. Like I said if we lose and it's not a complete beatdown I will be fine. The only way I come out of this game surprised is if one of the team smashes the other. GPG!
Man, wouldn't you just love it if we did to the Cheaters what they do to other teams? Run up the score!
Now that would be something!
It can happen!
GPG!! indeed my friend.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game with the Pats will go a long way towards knowing if the Packers are Super Bowl ready. It comes down to the defense. If they can hold Brady and co in check and get a consistent pass rush then the Packers will be Super Bowl ready. If Brady shreds them and the Pats hang 40 or more on the scoreboard then it will be painfully obvious that the defense will set the Packers up for a quick exit from the playoffs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playoff ready, but lets see what this team looks like at the end of Dec.

I remember 2007 during thanksgiving I thought the Pack were headed to the SB

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the move of giving Barrington a lot of snaps in the middle over Hawk. He played the run better than Hawl does. The Packers Super Bowl odds will depend on their defense. The two best teams in the NFC are the Packers and Seahawks. Packers will need to find a way to contain Wilson. While Lynch is still a big headache he isn't running quite as beastly as last season.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am having a good laugh listening to Colin Cowherd this morning. At first I thought Robert Kraft was guest hosting his show but it turns out it actually is him. He has a Texas sized rager for the Pats and he is some kind of bitter this morning as his boys (real talk) got beat and beat somewhat handily yesterday by our boys. I have heard everything from "the Pats didn't try to run the ball" to "the Pats didn't even try and pressure AR" to "it's obvious that if these teams played again tomorrow the Pats would win by at least 7." Look, I know this guy has a national show and he can spew whatever garbage he wants but to ignore the stats and game film just seems sloppy and disingenuous to me. I dare anyone to tell me that The Hoodie didn't give a rip about this game and was simply sizing up a possible Super Bowl foe. They are in the same position we are fighting for home field and anyone with a brain knows that every game matters every week and even more so this time of year. We are talking about a man and a QB who understand the history of this great league. You are on national television playing vs. a (THE in my mind) storied franchise lead by the man many consider to be the measuring stick in regards to QB play in the most legendary stadium this league has to offer. Yeah, they were just going through the motions I suppose? Are you friggin kidding me Cowturd? My mom (70 yrs. old and still a knock out mind you) texted me after the game about how Brady was "cursing a blue streak." My mom who loves the Packers but isn't the most knowledgeable could even see through the TV how much this game mattered to Brady and Co. yet Colin can't? Taking my Green and Gold glasses off I can still easily see how this game should have been a 15+ point victory for the Pack and we were pretty much never in jeopardy of losing. Davante played a great game but we all know he dropped that absolute gimme in the red zone. The Patriots last TD drive would have been nonexistent had the ref not thrown that delayed flag after their wideout ran directly into the chest of Tramon I believe. As soon as that laundry hit the field I looked at my wife and said they will score a TD this drive...book it. AR missed a few throws he almost always hits and at least one of them would've resulted in a TD yet the Pats should have and will win a rematch if it comes to be? Colin just keeps going on and on about how the Pats have superior talent and a superior coach. He does realize this team he so openly fawns over hasn't won a meaningful PO game in a decade or so, right? I don't know why this crap bugs me so much but man it does. I was expecting to turn the radio on to hear about how our TE's stepped up or how the run defense really rose to the occasion or how our corners held up well when the pressure wasn't immediate or how the line blocked well allowing 27 to gouge them for some big runs at huge junctions in the game and I could go on and on and on. Bottom line I suppose is it doesn't matter what attention ****** like CC say as the record books will reflect the true outcome of this game. Even my die hard Pats fan buddy Ben texted me saying how the scoreboard didn't do the game itself justice. I hope this loss ruined your day Cowturd and maybe we will get a chance to see these two teams match up again in February. If that's the case I will be interested to see if the Pats actually try during that clash unlike yesterday's lay down. Buahahaha. Helleva effort boys and I as well as all of Packer Nation salute your efforts yesterday and thank you for capping off a great weekend. As always, GO PACK GO!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
All you had to do was watch Brady's reaction to Cobb's catch to end the game to know how important it was to him and the Pats. In his post-game pressure, Brady said, “I just wish we would’ve won this one. I think we put a lot into this one. This was a great test for us.” The best way to hurt Cowherd is to ignore him.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you had to do was watch Brady's reaction to Cobb's catch to end the game to know how important it was to him and the Pats. In his post-game pressure, Brady said, “I just wish we would’ve won this one. I think we put a lot into this one. This was a great test for us.” The best way to hurt Cowherd is to ignore him.
Why do you have to take the wind out of my hate sails TJV?!?! :) With that said I usually do ignore the pundits but for some reason I was really disappointed with the total and complete lack of respect for anything our boys did yesterday. That was the game of the year and the Pack dominated for the most part and I was just hoping for a bit more praise as I believe yesterdays performance deserved it and then some. Bottom line is we all got the outcome we wanted and I think this is a W that will do wonders building belief and further confidence in our younger players. There were some really tight moments near the end of the game and I didn't see any major blown assignments and the tackling was pretty crisp. The play of the game was the sack on 3rd and 9 IMO. Making plays is one thing but making them in the biggest moments and those must have situations is another. These are the games you look back at come seasons end and say that was a turning point. As I said earlier last week I would only get totally jacked if one team hammered the other. I honestly feel that the score could have and probably should have been uglier. I am not saying we are going to run the table from here but I certainly do have a great feeling that our boys can line up with anyone and beat anyone if they play their brand of ball. Hats off to everyone from the coaching staff to the long snapper. I couldn't be more proud of their performance and they did it in their typically classy manner.

God Bless the Green Bay Packers! GPG!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only team that really concerns me in the NFC right now is Seattle. Brandon Mebane coming back from injury has really helped that defense get back into an intimidating unit and the matchup of Lynch vs Packers' run defense is the stuff of nightmares.

Staff online

Latest posts