Studs vs Duds against the Lions

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget what is the definition of a pass, what is the definition of pass interference?

Receivers; duds. Loosing to the 1-7 lions, Uber duds.

I have zero confidence in next Sundays game.

Last edited:

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Missing: James Jones for the last 3 games. Has appeared very sporadically for a total of 59yds in those 3 games.
If anyone has seen him please tell him he has to get open more.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...as I've said all along... Davante Adams. This is supposed to be his breakout year, and all he has done is make us wish we had Jordy and that draft pick back.
Totally agree about Davante Adams being a DUD. For all the hype he's garnered, he's totally failed. Rodgers threw to him like 20 passes today! That should be at least a 150-yard day. yes it's true that #24 of the Lions held him all day long because the ref refused to call a penalty early, stopping it. But Adams has to run by people. When he did, Rodgers hit him deep down the left sideline and he dropped it. Next play, Abbrederris caugth his on the right sideline.

I'm tired of Adams. There are a lot of better WRs from his draft class last year. Being young like that, no longer an excuse.

But Mason Crosby is a stinky dud because he easily has the leg for a 52-yard FG. Has this guy ever made a game-winning/losing kick final play? I remember him missing 3 of them (at Minny one year in a dome, at Washington in 2010).
Most good teams in the NFL steal a game or two every year, winning ugly. We had a chance last week in Carolina, but Rodgers choked last play. Today, Crosby choked.

But by far, my biggest DUD today was #29 Casey Hayward. Both as a defensive player and also special teams. He was the biggest wimpy culprit on the 2nd half opening kick return. I always wondered why this non-physical guy was on kick coverage. Now I really wonder.

And on the Lions final drive that resulted in the TD, the Packers defense did great and opened the drive stuffing Detroit and forcing a 3rd & 9. Chance for a 3 & out with us having all the momentum, down only 2 points and lotta time left.
You all ***** when Capers rushes only 3 guys, so he sent 5 or 6, one being Hayward. Stafford panicked in the pocket as his guys weren't open, and he almost gave up the sack just freezing up..... then when he realized he was still alive, he flushed out to his left and delivered the key pass for the first down.
HAYWARD had a free shot into Stafford but he just jumped up to try and hit the ball or something and face-planted his soft butt onto the turf, allowing Stafford out.

Then to end the drive on 3rd & goal, of course it was Hayward who allowed the touchdown pass to seemingly beat us.

In a game that the refs allowed DB's to mug, ******, assault WRs, for Hayward to give the guy that much cushion for the easy touchdown was inexcusable. I want him deactivated in favor of LaDarius Gunter. In a game like today, physical with no whistles for that stuff, Gunter would have been Revis-like.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree about Davante Adams being a DUD. For all the hype he's garnered, he's totally failed. Rodgers threw to him like 20 passes today! That should be at least a 150-yard day. yes it's true that #24 of the Lions held him all day long because the ref refused to call a penalty early, stopping it. But Adams has to run by people. When he did, Rodgers hit him deep down the left sideline and he dropped it. Next play, Abbrederris caugth his on the right sideline.

I'm tired of Adams. There are a lot of better WRs from his draft class last year. Being young like that, no longer an excuse.

But Mason Crosby is a stinky dud because he easily has the leg for a 52-yard FG. Has this guy ever made a game-winning/losing kick final play? I remember him missing 3 of them (at Minny one year in a dome, at Washington in 2010).
Most good teams in the NFL steal a game or two every year, winning ugly. We had a chance last week in Carolina, but Rodgers choked last play. Today, Crosby choked.

But by far, my biggest DUD today was #29 Casey Hayward. Both as a defensive player and also special teams. He was the biggest wimpy culprit on the 2nd half opening kick return. I always wondered why this non-physical guy was on kick coverage. Now I really wonder.

And on the Lions final drive that resulted in the TD, the Packers defense did great and opened the drive stuffing Detroit and forcing a 3rd & 9. Chance for a 3 & out with us having all the momentum, down only 2 points and lotta time left.
You all ***** when Capers rushes only 3 guys, so he sent 5 or 6, one being Hayward. Stafford panicked in the pocket as his guys weren't open, and he almost gave up the sack just freezing up..... then when he realized he was still alive, he flushed out to his left and delivered the key pass for the first down.
HAYWARD had a free shot into Stafford but he just jumped up to try and hit the ball or something and face-planted his soft butt onto the turf, allowing Stafford out.

Then to end the drive on 3rd & goal, of course it was Hayward who allowed the touchdown pass to seemingly beat us.

In a game that the refs allowed DB's to mug, ******, assault WRs, for Hayward to give the guy that much cushion for the easy touchdown was inexcusable. I want him deactivated in favor of LaDarius Gunter. In a game like today, physical with no whistles for that stuff, Gunter would have been Revis-like.

"In a game like today, physical with no whistles for that stuff, Gunter would have been Revis-like."

Little bit of a stretch there....

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a free fall offense wise for five weeks now. Receivers cannot seem to get open and the throws today were off at times.

Sky King

Reaction score
Missing: James Jones for the last 3 games. Has appeared very sporadically for a total of 59yds in those 3 games.
If anyone has seen him please tell him he has to get open more.
That kind of makes a decision on whether to keep him beyond this season a little easier. He went from making it look easy at the beginning of the season to now making it look impossible. If he's not secretly fighting an injury then he may have suddenly hit the wall in his career. The regression came so quickly that I'm wondering which one it could be.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure I can punt further than 25-30 yards. Also not punt into the stands

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Stud: M hyde for stopping a KO return, even thought it did not matter, but great effort, Prillo
Randall for recovering on side kick, Bostick must be thinking "see it wasn't my fault"
Duds: Subtract the studs and you get the answer

Last edited:

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys might recall that even early in the year when winning, our offense wasn't as usual.
Half of the big plays were on the free plays at home when teams jumped offsides, and a bunch of the other plays were on broken plays, school-yard ball where Rodgers fled the pocket and someone got free deep.

It's been so rare that you have seen Rodgers drop back quick 3 or 5-step drop and fire a pass to the primary target. It's never open. Well, last week last play at Carolina to Cobb, it was. But Rodgers was afraid to even throw it for some reason.

But watch any tape from this year, even the wins, and notice how many times his quick target (aside from screens), he pulls it down and looks to either leave the pocket or has to try and go through his progressions from within. Rarely, however, does he have time... plus he still gets happy feet quite often.

Need way more from Davante Adams. Targeted 21 times today, with no Revis or Peterson, Sherman, etc. on the other side. This guy was over-hyped all off-season. He was crowned a superstar, and he's been just a guy.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 is the dud. This offense starts and ends with him. This team starts and ends with him. He looks like a man on an island right now. WWE wants its title belt back but are willing to let him use this one until he is worthy of the real one.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Went to the game and it was just as bad in person as it looked on tv I'm sure.

Randall, Perillo, and HA-HA were my studs. I've been critical of Damarious Randall, which is probably unfair considering he's a rookie. But I think he played and has been playing good/better every game. Ha-Ha has been disappointing but he made some plays. Perillo seemed to be a much more threatening and reliable target than Richard Rodgers and the other receivers who can't get open worth a darn.

Totally agree with Crockett&Tubbs on Hayward. He was a ball-hog his first two years, but now that part of his game is gone, and he doesn't seem to like laying a hit on someone.

My Duds are A-rod and Davante. Its tough because devante had that injury that put him out for a bit...but from the get-go this year I really didn't feel like Davante showed anything at all. Maybe that was the hype that was surrounding him in training-camp/pre-season. I had hopes he was gonna be our next Jordy/Jennings/Driver. He still has time to grow, but he's been disappointing.

As for A-rod...he just looks off. I've never seen him be more consistently inaccurate. He's gotta get himself out of his funk, cause unfortunately for him and packers...at the end of the day...he's really the only hope the packers have for making the playoffs/contending for a championship.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im hoping this offense starts to use the 2 RB sets. Also 2 TE sets would be nice to see. This will help keep pressure off rodgers and can set up some screens, help the TEs roll out. That keeps pressure off the QB and gets protection. MM used to be much more creative with his play calling.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: I see a lot of people giving RR the stud stamp cause he caught a td but he was a dud this game his blocking was horrible and drop pass.
D. Adams dud so many dropped balls all he did all game was cry and had MM and AR crying with him like dude if he holding you push the fucc off and make the refs call something.
AR dud he still seeing ghost too many 3 and outs and not accurate.
Mm/Clements there they go with these same formations and these 4-5 second developing routes. That same old pick play that now only get like one yard still no crossing routes. When will they understand these receivers can't beat man and they need help with play calling, MM miss using the timeouts is almost laughable.
Mashtay dud this dude punts be having you like, who the hell you paying to stay on this team.

Studs: only ones really stood out to me that stepped up through out the whole game was PRillo and HaHa. Haha play his butt off today I don't think he missed not one tackle he was everywhere. Him and Randall I think will be something special for the pack. Tho Randall not one of my studs I think what's been put on his plate this year has been big and he's getting better as the season goes on. He's constantly put on a island.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few comments about the duds:

ARodgers: he is ducking and starting to move even before the pressure arrives. His fundamentals have gone down the tubes because of that. He's looking for the pass rush rather than at his receivers. I saw this several times during the game and because of that he failed to see an open receiver several times. His feet aren't planted, his follow-through is not good. He looks simply bad out there. Unfortunately, the pressure often does arrive too son.

Masthay: he should not have a job.

Linsley: a legit ROY candidate for offensive lineman, he has missed assignments so badly and let rushers straight on through so many times, it's mind-boggling.

Bulaga: Our best tackle isn't.

Cobb and Adams: how many critical drops are you two going to make?

Clements and MM: a lot of this falls on your shoulders. After the scripted plays, it was same ol' - same ol'. What I am seeing are coaches who do not get the best out of their roster. Instead, I see underacheivers.

THe Packers as a team: if this loss doesn't light a fire under you, if no significant changes take place, then you all deserve not to make the playoffs.

A few comments about studs:

Abbrederis: one of the only guys out there that showed some heart and made plays.

Clinton-Dix: played his butt off. I hope he doesn't have a concussion.