Studs?? N duds Titans

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that Rodgers didn't complete a higher percentage of passes nor did he throw for more yards per attempt on throws 10 yards down the field against the Titans than he did against the rest of the opponents this season.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't see it this way. I think the best chance we had to beat them was with deep passes. With more volume of deep passes there would have been a chance for a game-breaking play. We weren't getting any big plays with short throws or runs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Although coaching and the front office have their part in this debacle, I believe we all overestimated the true talent and ability of this defense. The talent "on paper" and "potential "do not match the performance and results on the field.

I disagree. The Packers have a lot of talented players on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately the coaching staff doesn't seem to use them the right way.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't see it this way. I think the best chance we had to beat them was with deep passes. With more volume of deep passes there would have been a chance for a game-breaking play. We weren't getting any big plays with short throws or runs.

Rodgers was 8-of-17 for 138 yards and two touchdowns on throws that travelled at least 10 yards in the air. I don't believe that increasing the amount of those attempts would have made any difference.

Reaction score
I disagree. The Packers have a lot of talented players on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately the coaching staff doesn't seem to use them the right way.

Rodgers was 8-of-17 for 138 yards and two touchdowns on throws that travelled at least 10 yards in the air. I don't believe that increasing the amount of those attempts would have made any difference.
I agree that would've have change that game. Rodgers was off, the WR were running poor routes, the weather factored more on longer throws (which is why oh Tannenbaum would mostly throw 8 yard down and outs successfully in the cold)

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that would've have change that game. Rodgers was off, the WR were running poor routes, the weather factored more on longer throws (which is why oh Tannenbaum would mostly throw 8 yard down and outs successfully in the cold)

Rodgers played actually pretty well for most of the game but unfortunately had some bad throws in the fourth quarter.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So how many touchdowns were thrown, or ran in, on other plays? And what did the Packers lose by?

D

Deleted member 6794

So how many touchdowns were thrown, or ran in, on other plays? And what did the Packers lose by?

Just because the Packers threw two touchdowns on throws that travelled more than 10 yards in the air against the Titans doesn't automatically mean that would have had the same success by trying it more often.

Reaction score
Just because the Packers threw two touchdowns on throws that travelled more than 10 yards in the air against the Titans doesn't automatically mean that would have had the same success by trying it more often.
Yes. Actually to the contrary on those long throws. I don’t think that was the answer. Even #12 mentioned the Wind factored and you could see that at points during the game. Imo any throws past about 20 yards started becoming iffy.
It’s also why we shouldn’t have been playing zone on D. Ryan picked us apart on shorter to intermediate throws at the sticks. Unfortunately Barry didn’t recognize that and decided give their WR extra buffer to eat our lunch. Barry still doesn’t equate that in cold weather games or games where you get regular QB pressure, the ball comes out faster. Why would we play 8-9 yards off a WR that’s running 6-7 yard routes? Jam the Receivers and bring your Safeties up a few yards.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still awaiting the answer to my questions.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Watson
Rodgers 1st 3 quarters
Run defense
Nixon as punt returner

Side note
I think Walker is good as the green dot, it seems he has played better since??

Duds
3rd down def
Rodgers 4th quarter Sammy and Lazard bad passes
3 straight drives in 3rd n 4th, no 1st downs on offense

Clock management again
Walker is getting better at picking his spots. He is very athletic/fast and early on, just over ran plays. He's more disciplined now. I'd like him to blitz more, he's fast, big, strong. Good ILB I think who will only get better. Parsons lite.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter other than my opinion

Was it a good run def or was it bad?
You're right, it was great run D. They held Henry to 87 yards for chrissakes. The secondary just has discipline problems, and the Titans fooled the Packers and leveraged the run D on that goal line Henry pass. That's not why they lost. But they basically stopped him. That's not easy to do.

The "All Star" secondary on paper has just not played well, all season it seems. They are often way out of position. I think that's a scheme problem that the coaches could fix.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
50 mill sure could be spent on more players
Yeah heavy sigh here. Well looking back the Packers should have traded 12 to the Broncos. Easy for me to say that now.

On a slightly different topic, watch out for the Seahags. They have a boatload of draft picks from the Wilson trade, and at least next year, those are gonna be top 15, top 10 picks. In the meantime, Geno Smith is having a career year. I can't stand Pete Carroll, but the guy knows how to coach his players up. He knows how to win.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary wasn’t even out there and Preston was very solid and clutch at big moments. Enagabare continues to show he was a steal as well.
Enagabare has been a pleasant surprise. He's only gonna get better. Preston keeps playing well in spite of losing a half step. I think the DL and LBs have played well overall. It's the secondary that has problems, coaching and scheme problems that are fixable - next year......

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your point. I'm wondering if these receivers can run decent long routes. I haven't watched for that, but with doubt out, there aren't many guys in that WR room that run great routes. And when they do, Rodgers has been missing them.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Walker is getting better at picking his spots. He is very athletic/fast and early on, just over ran plays. He's more disciplined now. I'd like him to blitz more, he's fast, big, strong. Good ILB I think who will only get better. Parsons lite.
Since he has done play calling he has improved

D

Deleted member 6794

The "All Star" secondary on paper has just not played well, all season it seems. They are often way out of position. I think that's a scheme problem that the coaches could fix.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem the current coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball is actually able to fix it.

I think the DL and LBs have played well overall.

I don't agree the defensive line has been playing well overall, especially defending the run.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your point. I'm wondering if these receivers can run decent long routes. I haven't watched for that, but with doubt out, there aren't many guys in that WR room that run great routes. And when they do, Rodgers has been missing them.

I don't think it's a problem with getting open, Twitter has examples of Rodgers just not finding his open receivers and making poor choices.

Here's a good example in a very costly situation with a very stupid decision.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem with getting open, Twitter has examples of Rodgers just not finding his open receivers and making poor choices.

Here's a good example in a very costly situation with a very stupid decision.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I do agree that Rodgers just flat out won't throw anything in the middle of the field. Seems like he's petrified of throwing an INT.

It's unlikely any QB will ever have a better TD/INT ratio than Rodgers. I wish he'd take more chances, even if it means a few INTs, or at least look to the middle on crossing routes. This can be a good way to get guys open when the D is playing zone.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that Rodgers just flat out won't throw anything in the middle of the field. Seems like he's petrified of throwing an INT.

It's unlikely any QB will ever have a better TD/INT ratio than Rodgers. I wish he'd take more chances, even if it means a few INTs, or at least look to the middle on crossing routes. This can be a good way to get guys open when the D is playing zone.
Quite a contrast from Favre who liked to fire right at the belly.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite a contrast from Favre who liked to fire right at the belly.
Oh man that brings back the phrase "Live with Favre. Die with Favre." I think he has the most career INTs of any QB in the HOF.

But it's also what made him so much fun to watch, and incredibly infuriating at the same time.

At least he was consistent. I remember an INT late in the NFCCG against the Giants at a very cold Lambeau - must have been 2007 - and it cost them a trip to the SB. And then he did the same thing with the Vikings in the NFCCG against the Saints - I think that was 2009 or 2010. He had the Vikings in range for a game winning field goal. All he had to do was fall down. He threw an INT. The Saints went on to win the SB.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man that brings back the phrase "Live with Favre. Die with Favre." I think he has the most career INTs of any QB in the HOF.

But it's also what made him so much fun to watch, and incredibly infuriating at the same time.

At least he was consistent. I remember an INT late in the NFCCG against the Giants at a very cold Lambeau - must have been 2007 - and it cost them a trip to the SB. And then he did the same thing with the Vikings in the NFCCG against the Saints - I think that was 2009 or 2010. He had the Vikings in range for a game winning field goal. All he had to do was fall down. He threw an INT. The Saints went on to win the SB.
The most INTs of ANY NFL QB

Members online

Latest posts