Studs duds saints game

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Tedd Ginn Jr.

Until today's 7 catches for 141 yards, his best performance all season was against the Lions ( 4 catches 66 yds) in his 3 other games he totaled 93 yards. On the bright side, our bend over and grab your ankles defense, didn't let him get in the end zone. So they got that going for them.

Always nice to know our defense can make a star out of someone.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fire Capers.

It'll happen Poker, at some point after Aaron's retirement.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course, nobody mentions that was a loss to a good and very hot team. The Saints won three in a row by blowout coming in.

But it's all about how "terrible" we were. The reality is it was a close loss to a good team. This wouldn't have been a sure win with Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I get establish the run to take pressure off. I do. But they needed to mix some PAP 3 and 5 step drops. Just intermediate stuff. Hundley looked good on some of those passes. Build off of it. Saints just crowded the box and we still just kept running it. It is like MM just decided to accept a loss and avoid Brett making any mistakes

Did Brett have run pass option? If he did, why didn't he switch? Why is it all on MM?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To McCarthy's credit he completely fell on the sword and basically said this loss is entirely on him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third and long most teams throw a screen...but our defense seems to be surprised by it every time!

That Pittsburgh game is looking like a real treat. Antonio Brown better start training for a marathon for how much running around on the field he'll be doing that day.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Of course, nobody mentions that was a loss to a good and very hot team. The Saints won three in a row by blowout coming in.

But it's all about how "terrible" we were. The reality is it was a close loss to a good team. This wouldn't have been a sure win with Rodgers.

I think Rodgers would have capitalized on 2 ints.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You actually made the case that a Rodgers led team would've won. You think Rodgers isn't a 10 point upgrade from Hundley?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Yup.....another participation medal to hand out....."way to go guys, you sucked, but those guys were pretty good"

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaepernick's skill set is much more closely to Hundley's than Rodgers's. He'd never thrive in this offense.

He can throw much more accurate passes and he is far better player than Hundley. This was winnible game, we lost because our QB is "athletic" can not now or ever shown he can throw the ball accurately.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You actually made the case that a Rodgers led team would've won. You think Rodgers isn't a 10 point upgrade from Hundley?

Oh defense would have been gassed in 4th id Rodgers was playing. We had everything we needed to beat this team. 2 int's, a blocked extra point and 130 yards from a running back. This was loss because of the quarter back can't throw the ball.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think his point was that Hundley played the game as well as Rodgers would have under the circumstances, it was more along the lines of, the Saints were coming in here hot, and this game wasn't a gimme if Rodgers was the QB. Of course Rodgers is 10pts better than Hundley.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Everything was in place for a win today except for Hundley. He just didn't get it done. To be fair, there was too much pressure. But he should have used his legs more. One hopes he improves from here. The defense was solid to start with but predictably wore down as the offense couldn't possess or score the ball. The running game was nice. Jones is a player. I think that with merely average QB play today, the Packers win. But they didn't have even that.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think his point was that Hundley played the game as well as Rodgers would have under the circumstances, it was more along the lines of, the Saints were coming in here hot, and this game wasn't a gimme if Rodgers was the QB. Of course Rodgers is 10pts better than Hundley.
Bs It's Rodgers or nothing with this team.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had them out doors in the rain...... on grass. Saints blew out Lions at home.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bs It's Rodgers or nothing with this team.

How can you say that after today? It was everything other than the QB that got and held a lead. But in the end, they couldn't overcome 12/25 for 87 yards and a pick. All that proves is that they'll need something better than "utterly abysmal" at QB to win.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could see only the highlights and tried to analyze the stats. True, we were only once in the red zone ? If a teams has a high scoring offense, could be a fine plan to concentrate on producing turnovers. The situation, the team is in now, requires a defence able to STOP the opponent. It seems, we do not have this. There were some promising offensive plays in the highlight to be seen, something to build on. How many times will Aaron Jones be able to catch opposing D's by surprise. It seems so easy to gameplan for opponents now, take away the short pass and the run ...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why did Trevor Davis keep taking it out? That last time he did put us in a hole at the 10.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

How can a team have a 3rd year back-up QB that looks like he has barely played in the NFL? Meanwhile, other teams parade backups and 3rd stringers in that make our defense look just as bad as they did today against someone like Breese? What has Hundley been doing all this time, just listening to talk about how good he is and what kind of trade value he will have?

And sit on the bench waiting for a chance, behind a top class QB ?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.....another participation medal to hand out....."way to go guys, you sucked, but those guys were pretty good"
You already know that giving participation trophies is Carl's home run swing.

Reading comprehension skills need work here. Often times, a post means exactly what it said. Mondio got it.

My point was exactly what I wrote. The Saints are good and with Rodgers it wasn't a guaranteed a win.

Not saying it was good they lost and they deserve a "participation trophy" or Rodgers isn't 10 points better than Hundley.

The forum overreacts after every loss like we had just been blown out by a terrible team, but that is not the reality.