Studs duds saints game

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs. King, Clark and Jones

Duds: coaching. Capers needs to make adjustments. MM needs to not be so damn predictable. And give hundley at least a chance.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
Conservative play calling

That is all.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
Arron Jones
Randall with a nice INT

Duds
MM Playcalling
Defence

With the Shemp of the game going to MM with his inept playcalling...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Frosty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUDS coaching they never even gave the team a chance. The two wasted time outs then a run and pitch to try to not put pressure on Brett have some faith in the team give them a chance such bad choices...........

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was ok today. Minus Clinton Dix. His lazy play played a part in 2 TDs. Lazy bad angles whatever it is, he's regressed.

Jones was the only thing we had. No pocket ever for Hundley until the game was 10 pts. They set things up perfectly early on for Hundley and then we could never hit anything big because he never had 2 ****ing seconds to do anything.

2nd half did our offense even play? What did we run? 10 plays it seemed like

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUDS coaching they never even gave the team a chance. The two wasted time outs then a run and pitch to try to not put pressure on Brett have some faith in the team give them a chance such bad choices...........

Being up a TD at half sure seemed like a chance...

Also, if there's 9 in the box like before the pitch, Hundley needs to see that and audible.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones
Randall/House INT's

Duds
Coaching
Ty - Not really a dud, but he looks so slow compared to Aaron Jones. It's staggering, the difference between them.

I'm usually not too worked up about the coaching, but it was abysmal today. Bad calls, mis-managed timeouts, and everything in between. I hesitated to put the defense on the dud list, because i thought they did enough to give us a win. They basically were on the field for 3/4 of that game, at least it felt that way. This season is gonna be long and slow.

Frosty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There
Being up a TD at half sure seemed like a chance...

Also, if there's 9 in the box like before the pitch, Hundley needs to see that and audible.
is always a chance at half time up or not imo its the choices made in the 4th that usual determine the game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was ok today. Minus Clinton Dix. His lazy play played a part in 2 TDs. Lazy bad angles whatever it is, he's regressed.

Jones was the only thing we had. No pocket ever for Hundley until the game was 10 pts. They set things up perfectly early on for Hundley and then we could never hit anything big because he never had 2 ******* seconds to do anything.

2nd half did our offense even play? What did we run? 10 plays it seemed like
Completely agree about Clinton Dix.... In the beginning of the game he was praised by the announcers for making a tackle...except the runner barely went down...several yards after contact was made because all Dix was was launch his body without even trying to bring his arms forward to grab the guy. This seems to be his m.o. If any of the criticism of the defensive coaching is valid .... this would be on my list. If I was Capers I would tell Ha Ha the next time he attempts a tackle like that .... he can watch from the bench.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The coaching was less than flattering, particularly the play calling, but I'm sorry. This "three year investment" only yields 12-25 passing for less than 100 yards? That's just shameful against a defense that might not be god awful, but they certainly aren't great.

Highly disappointed in Hundley's production, and highly disappointed in the lack of confidence in your "three year investment" with the conservative BS.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching was less than flattering, particularly the play calling, but I'm sorry. This "three year investment" only yields 12-25 passing for less than 100 yards? That's just shameful against a defense that might not be god awful, but they certainly aren't great.

Highly disappointed in Hundley's production, and highly disappointed in the lack of confidence in your "three year investment" with the conservative BS.
I tentatively agree... however , I will point out that every time Hundley threw the ball long... it was either: intercepted, nearly intercepted , or nowhere near a receiver.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's wrong with the play calling? We had a RB go for what? 130? More? As a team we were at 180 rushing at one point. That's perfect with a new QB, and we were winning most of that time. It's not like the Bears running for 150 while being down 17 points.

Hundley there 25 times, the problem is most of them he didn't have much of a chance before someone was in his face.

My god, 180+ rushing and 25 passes seems like a good game plan for a new QB to me.

Frosty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree but Hundley could get better over time it takes some time for a quarterback to get adjusted but the conservative part just shows no faith at some point the coaching needs to put the cards on the table and see what he is really made of. Its the only way he will grow and we can see what he can really do 4th quarter and all the pressure.. This will be a interesting development of a season that's for sure hope we can hang in there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Stud - Aaron Rodgers for carrying this miserable collection of talent for as long as he has.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tentatively agree... however , I will point out that every time Hundley threw the ball long... it was either: intercepted, nearly intercepted , or nowhere near a receiver.
I get establish the run to take pressure off. I do. But they needed to mix some PAP 3 and 5 step drops. Just intermediate stuff. Hundley looked good on some of those passes. Build off of it. Saints just crowded the box and we still just kept running it. It is like MM just decided to accept a loss and avoid Brett making any mistakes

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How can a team have a 3rd year back-up QB that looks like he has barely played in the NFL? Meanwhile, other teams parade backups and 3rd stringers in that make our defense look just as bad as they did today against someone like Breese? What has Hundley been doing all this time, just listening to talk about how good he is and what kind of trade value he will have?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Bart Starr for being what.....120 years old and looking like the most enthusiastic Packer on the field. :coffee:

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - Aaron Rodgers for carrying this miserable collection of talent for as long as he has.
I saw aggressive players. I saw players making plays. What I didn't see is good coaching. I saw conservative play calling on offense. I watched a defense that was out of position. Brees was one step ahead of Capers all day.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: The entire coaching staff. They'd all be coaching at Wisconsin Whitewater University if Aaron Rodgers wasn't the Qb! MM claims he's got all this faith in time invested in Hundley yet he looked like Hot garbage on the deep ball, and you didn't help him with your dumb *** play calling either. Entire franchise is being exposed as pretenders who got carried by one damn guy.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Jones

Semi-stud (barely): Defense (INTs) - kept us in it at least for a while

Duds:
Everyone and everything not mentioned above, especially coaching, play calling, 2nd half defense, and o-line.

King of All Duds: 3rd down defense

Members online

Latest posts