Studs duds saints game

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Stud:
Jones
I thought Davon house had a good game

Dud:
Everyone else. Very hard to watch this team. The saints looked awful, they couldn’t have made that game any easier for us, we just couldn’t capitalize.

Real question is do we want a top 10 draft pick or try and get a wild card with a semi hurt rodgers?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Aaron Jones and run blocking

Duds

Every other single player, coach and front office personnel involved with packers

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's wrong with the play calling? We had a RB go for what? 130? More? As a team we were at 180 rushing at one point. That's perfect with a new QB, and we were winning most of that time. It's not like the Bears running for 150 while being down 17 points.

Hundley there 25 times, the problem is most of them he didn't have much of a chance before someone was in his face.

My god, 180+ rushing and 25 passes seems like a good game plan for a new QB to me.

You forgot to include the 12 completions for 87 yards. Good game plan lol

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs. King, Clark and Jones

Duds: coaching. Capers needs to make adjustments. MM needs to not be so damn predictable. And give hundley at least a chance.

I think our defense did pretty well considering we playing Drew Brees offense. I think lopsided time of possession took its toll. I do not think it was lack of adjustments. The Defense gave us two ints which offense did nothing with.
When we needed to throw the ball Hundley looked not good. 3 years in I expected better.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defense did pretty well considering we playing Drew Brees offense. I think lopsided time of possession took its toll. I do not think it was lack of adjustments. The Defense gave us two ints which offense did nothing with.
When we needed to throw the ball Hundley looked not good. 3 years in I expected better.

Lol in here ppl think MM is some QB guru lol. Yea, ok.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Tedd Ginn Jr.

Until today's 7 catches for 141 yards, his best performance all season was against the Lions ( 4 catches 66 yds) in his 3 other games he totaled 93 yards. On the bright side, our bend over and grab your ankles defense, didn't let him get in the end zone. So they got that going for them.

Always nice to know our defense can make a star out of someone.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fire Capers.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol in here ppl think MM is some QB guru lol. Yea, ok.

Hate to say if but I do not think we had QB with skills to start an NFL game. 12 completed pass?? As soon as the run game was shut down, Hundley did not come close to getting it done. After full week with 1st team he still not a good passer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hate to say if but I do not think we had QB with skills to start an NFL game. 12 completed pass?? As soon as the run game was shut down, Hundley did not come close to getting it done. After full week with 1st team he still not a good passer.

Agreed. The way that game started and the way Jones was running the ball I thought "this is perfect the Saints are going to have to bring more guys into the box to stop our run game." 2 problems. Montgomery and McCarthy. I know a lot of people like Monty running the ball, but I still don't think he is a running back. McCarthy kept with his "safe" play calling and never opened up the passing game. I guess he figured a rookie QB like Hundley, couldn't be trusted to do much with this offense. :eek:

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching was less than flattering, particularly the play calling, but I'm sorry. This "three year investment" only yields 12-25 passing for less than 100 yards? That's just shameful against a defense that might not be god awful, but they certainly aren't great.

Highly disappointed in Hundley's production, and highly disappointed in the lack of confidence in your "three year investment" with the conservative BS.

Quarterback rating of 39.9. I wasn't expecting Joe Montana (or even Matt Flynn), but I wasn't expecting Jim Del Gaizo either. Very disappointing indeed.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. The way that game started and the way Jones was running the ball I thought "this is perfect the Saints are going to have to bring more guys into the box to stop our run game." 2 problems. Montgomery and McCarthy. I know a lot of people like Monty running the ball, but I still don't think he is a running back. McCarthy kept with his "safe" play calling and never opened up the passing game. I guess he figured a rookie QB like Hundley, couldn't be trusted to do much with this offense. :eek:

I been watching Hundley play in preseason and never really thought he could play as starting QB. Sorry but I'd be calling Kapernick on Monday. Maybe not to start till after next game. I think the season is over if we stay with Hundley which we will.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not defending this offense but what would you have done differently? 180 in rushing and a qb throws it 25 times in a game you're leading for a bunch of it. With how Hundley looked when passing, how many carries you taking from Jones and putting in Hundleys hands so as not to be called "conservative"?

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud:
Jones
I thought Davon house had a good game

Dud:
Everyone else. Very hard to watch this team. The saints looked awful, they couldn’t have made that game any easier for us, we just couldn’t capitalize.

Real question is do we want a top 10 draft pick or try and get a wild card with a semi hurt rodgers?[/QUOTE

We need a top draft pick. Before Rogers plays again, he'll be 34 years old. He was groomed for 3 years. That makes Rogers 37 when the new highly drafted QB takes over.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not defending this offense but what would you have done differently? 180 in rushing and a qb throws it 25 times in a game you're leading for a bunch of it. With how Hundley looked when passing, how many carries you taking from Jones and putting in Hundleys hands so as not to be called "conservative"?
I think if Hundley bad been more successful with his opportunities there wouldn't be any discussion about the play calling, but there was a point in the game where I thought that a little less predictability would have been nice. I was disapointed with the 3 and outs after both interceptions.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

50% Rushing and 50% passing is balanced attack if could put 220 yards of passing it may have worked.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Hundley bad been more successful with his opportunities there wouldn't be any discussion about the play calling, but there was a point in the game where I thought that a little less predictability would have been nice. I was disapointed with the 3 and outs after both interceptions.

Agree truly 260 yards of total offense is awful considering one back had 131 yards. Normally if have a 100 yard rusher you normally win. Not happy with post game interviews with MM & BH.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree truly 260 yards of total offense is awful considering one back had 131 yards. Normally if have a 100 yard rusher you normally win. Not happy with post game interviews with MM & BH.

I didn't get a chance to catch either one. Was it something like "I'm a coaching genius, who are you to question me" and "I thought I had a really good game, but we didn't get the breaks"?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUD: Jones by far, too bad MM took the ball away from him, especially on 3rd and 1(twice)

DUD: Once again MM gets the trophy. Why he never called for any plays to throw the ball down field, who knows.

FYI, this topic would never last and others would be banned over at the other Packer Forum if you talk negative about what is wrong with the team.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kapernik is in football shape it is laughable to not be bringing him in here. Hundley is showing nothing to this point unless you have Green and Gold goggles with Green and Gold contact lenses beneath them.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kapernik is in football shape it is laughable to not be bringing him in here. Hundley is showing nothing to this point unless you have Green and Gold goggles with Green and Gold contact lenses beneath them.
Kaepernick's skill set is much more closely to Hundley's than Rodgers's. He'd never thrive in this offense.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's wrong with the play calling? We had a RB go for what? 130? More? As a team we were at 180 rushing at one point. That's perfect with a new QB, and we were winning most of that time. It's not like the Bears running for 150 while being down 17 points.

Hundley there 25 times, the problem is most of them he didn't have much of a chance before someone was in his face.

My god, 180+ rushing and 25 passes seems like a good game plan for a new QB to me.

Well, obviously whenever a play doesn't work, it's automatically because of the play call....

Members online

Latest posts