Studs and duds Lions game

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's true that he missed some throws but fans should be happy with the offense being able to score 34 points without him carrying the offense.

Adams being targeted only three times because he wasn't fully healthy factored into the passing game ending up with less than stellar numbers as well.
I'm very encouraged to see the offense put up 34 points without Rodgers being superman, or with Davante only catching 3 balls. It's refreshing for a change.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The level headed ones realized that. :tup:

Good to see you! Was wondering if all was good considering the pandemic.

To be honest, the league jumping into a fraught political conversation has really sapped my enthusiasm.

But good to see you!

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were so wrong, just took A-Aron finally buying in to MLFs scheme. It’s just a coincidence that is year 2 in the system...

I don't know if it was buying into the system as much as it was learning a whole new system for the first time in his career.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Offensive Line
Aaron Jones
Tonyan
Scott - Doesnt punt much but when he has it has been great
Defense after first two drives
Rodgers - calling him a dud for missing a couple passes seem crazy to me. He missed a couple for sure but he also made quite a few and worked through players dropping a lot of passes.

Duds
Defense first two drives
Pass rush early
Drops and Rodgers missing a couple passes

Two straight fairly low stress wins. This teams has played 2 bad quarters defensively, 1 ok quarter, and 5 really good quarters. The offense has settled for fgs on opening drives and then for the most part been really, really good. The competition hasnt been great but last year these were close games. This year they have been relatively easy.

Also nice to the Vikings free-falling. They look terrible, have cap issues and traded away 2 picks next year for a guy who is a free agent after this year.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs - the 53

duds - my stream buffering every 5 seconds
people getting butthurt about some saying rodgers wasn't great, it's ok to point out a receiver/te that makes drops, but not the qb when he makes some bad throws. people make mistakes, it's ok to point this out

edit - extra dud - the eagles for busting my coupon, only result of 8 games that let me down

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Jennings was fine as announcer, about what I expected. I certainly didn't find myself wanting to mute them like I do with some broadcasts

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs - o line took care of a mediocre Lines d line
Rodgers
Jones
Sullivan
Alexander
Gary "no way" I've been trashing him big time

Duds
Sternberger
Lowry- No production again.

D

Deleted member 6794

duds - people getting butthurt about some saying rodgers wasn't great, it's ok to point out a receiver/te that makes drops, but not the qb when he makes some bad throws. people make mistakes, it's ok to point this out

There's a huge difference between pointing out that Rodgers wasn't great because he missed some throws and considering him a dud.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
studs - the 53

duds - my stream buffering every 5 seconds
people getting butthurt about some saying rodgers wasn't great, it's ok to point out a receiver/te that makes drops, but not the qb when he makes some bad throws. people make mistakes, it's ok to point this out

edit - extra dud - the eagles for busting my coupon, only result of 8 games that let me down
Seems like you're the one butthurt about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest QB's ever on earth have never been perfect. They can miss a pass or 3 a game. The difference between a QB and WR, the QB throws 30-40 times a game. A WR averages what? 3-6 passes a game? A WR dropping passes that hit them right in the hands or TE or whatever every game is not the same as a QB missing 2-3 passes. The best WR's ever drop them too, it's allowed. It's ok to say they needed to catch them. I'll still never forget that play action to Jordy from deep in our own territory that just bounced right off his hands. But then that usually only happened once every couple games. Much like a great QB missing 2-3 passes a game that aren't perfect. But some of these guys are dropping catchable balls every game. It's noteworthy.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under the radar, but I thought Wagner held up pretty well at RT.

The offensive line, minus Taylor and Turner, seems to be doing the job.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under the radar, but I thought Wagner held up pretty well at RT.

The offensive line, minus Taylor and Turner, seems to be doing the job.
yeah, i was pleasantly surprised by Wagner. I wasn't a big fan of that signing. But he did well last game by the looks of it.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a huge difference between pointing out that Rodgers wasn't great because he missed some throws and considering him a dud.
but no one said he was a full on dud, they said a bit of a dud with the passes he through wrong

Seems like you're the one butthurt about it.
It just annoys me when people get lambasted for pointing out AR's mistakes, he ain't perfect and we all know it. people are allowed to have differing opinions, but it should be civilised discussion(for the most part :whistling:)

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks AR12 was / is "a dud" really ought to watch some Minnesota Vikings games so they can see what a dud QB really looks like.

My Minnesota friends are "virtually suicidal" over the Vikings play already. (YAY!!!)

Now Jace Sternberger, that young man appears to be a dud. Hands of stone.

I hope Jace turns it around and makes a liar out of me.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but no one said he was a full on dud, they said a bit of a dud with the passes he through wrong

It just annoys me when people get lambasted for pointing out AR's mistakes, he ain't perfect and we all know it. people are allowed to have differing opinions, but it should be civilised discussion(for the most part :whistling:)

I even went back and said he was a semi dud. It wasn't his best performance, and I even highlighted some points that someone mentioned, as to why I considered him a dud, specifically because he put MVS in bad situations. Luckily the guy soldiered on. I'd like to think I'm one of the primary defenders when it comes to Rodgers on here, so imagine my surprise when me and few others getting flak for saying Rodgers wasn't a stud. I wasn't saying Rodgers stunk up the joint.

Now I sorta understand how @longtimefan felt last year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been pleasantly surprised, to the point of being shocked, bysby how solid the offensive line has been so far. no bulaga, injuries, guys playing all different positions and they've been dominating both the running and pass games. the saint should be a much bigger test. especially pleased with Runyan. it all doesn't seem too big for him

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, i was pleasantly surprised by Wagner. I wasn't a big fan of that signing. But he did well last game by the looks of it.
Wagner imo has really bailed out the right side of the line. If he plays like this all season, there will be no reason to complain about him.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones, Aaron Rodgers, the entire OL, Jamal Williams, Jaire Alexander, Rashan Gary, Chandon Sullivan.

Duds.
Jace Sternberger, Christian Kirksey, First Quarter Defense.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The greatest QB's ever on earth have never been perfect. They can miss a pass or 3 a game. The difference between a QB and WR, the QB throws 30-40 times a game. A WR averages what? 3-6 passes a game? A WR dropping passes that hit them right in the hands or TE or whatever every game is not the same as a QB missing 2-3 passes. The best WR's ever drop them too, it's allowed. It's ok to say they needed to catch them. I'll still never forget that play action to Jordy from deep in our own territory that just bounced right off his hands. But then that usually only happened once every couple games. Much like a great QB missing 2-3 passes a game that aren't perfect. But some of these guys are dropping catchable balls every game. It's noteworthy.
Let’s see.

a perfect pass in the hands a wr has to catch..because he has a limited amount of touches?

But a qb can miss a 10 yard or less in flat to a wide open rb because he can miss 3 or more passes a game?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s see.

a perfect pass in the hands a wr has to catch..because he has a limited amount of touches?

But a qb can miss a 10 yard or less in flat to a wide open rb because he can miss 3 or more passes a game?
no, a wr can miss those, they all do, just like all QB's. But the great ones we tend to overlook like when Jordy dropped that one, because it's not often where as Sternberger dropping back to backs last game is noteworthy in the absence of anything else, yes.

Just like Jones missed a very catchable ball right before his amazing catch. It is allowed. But when a qb is having a relatively good game by an NFL standards, but has 6 drops in a game that keep the numbers from looking really very good, it's noteworthy.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I even went back and said he was a semi dud. It wasn't his best performance, and I even highlighted some points that someone mentioned, as to why I considered him a dud, specifically because he put MVS in bad situations. Luckily the guy soldiered on. I'd like to think I'm one of the primary defenders when it comes to Rodgers on here, so imagine my surprise when me and few others getting flak for saying Rodgers wasn't a stud. I wasn't saying Rodgers stunk up the joint.

Now I sorta understand how @longtimefan felt last year.
It’s maddening

Members online

Latest posts