Studs and duds Lions game

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is a special, special football player.

Defense played very well after a rough start.

Too many dropped passes that killed offensive rhythm.

Overall, 2-0. And 2-0 in the division. Hell of start to the season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do people put Greg Jennings commentary in terms of stud or dud? Curious to see opinions.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones, what is there to say about this man? He was the absolute star today! He could run, he can catch, he can do it all!
I'm giving MVS a stud simply because he got rocked earlier and soldiered on. Plus he made a few big catches.
Lazard had an overall quiet day, but still productive.
Defense gets a stud for their performance in the second half today.

Duds go to the slow start for the defense in the first half, we CAN'T afford to do that next week. NO will eat us alive if we do.
Duds I'm gonna have to give Rodgers a dud as he could've done better on some of his throws today. It's not all his fault, but there were some throws he really was off and he did try to go for the home run ball rather than taking the first down.

I expect Rodgers to bounce back big time next week.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Arron Jones, Sulivan with a huge Pick 6 and defended pass

Duds Defense to start the game. Cant have that against a better offensive team.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So uh, we look great.
2-0 in the league and in the division! A good place for us to be! Next week we will truly see if our boys are ready. We win that one, we get some damn respect!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - RB’s and O-Line

Duds - 1st quarter defense, more injuries

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Aaron Jones
Rashan Gary
Oline- despite injuries, this unit is holding their own
Chandon Sullivan
JK Scott
Jaire Alexander

Duds-
Aaron Rodgers wasn’t a dud, but he was not his best today

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds I'm gonna have to give Rodgers a dud as he could've done better on some of his throws today. It's not all his fault, but there were some throws he really was off and he did try to go for the home run ball rather than taking the first down.

I expect Rodgers to bounce back big time next week.

I think you meant to say honorable mention because if you think 240 yards 2 TD’s and a 107.6 rating is worthy of a dud maybe you should stop watching football. Cmon man!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-
Aaron Jones
Rashan Gary
Oline- despite injuries, this unit is holding their own
Chandon Sullivan
JK Scott
Jaire Alexander

Duds-
Aaron Rodgers wasn’t a dud, but he was not his best today

sheesh another one, and people wonder why so many people think the average Packer fan is spoiled

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you meant to say honorable mention because if you think 240 yards 2 TD’s and a 107.6 rating is worthy of a dud maybe you should stop watching football. Cmon man!
I know it not a popular decision and whatnot and he overall played well, but I can't get past some of those throws earlier. Rodgers imo should've had another 4 TDs today. But he did make a few poor decisions. He's not a huge dud, but just a small one. But you do make a fair point. Semi stud/dud?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it not a popular decision and whatnot and he overall played well, but I can't get past some of those throws earlier. Rodgers imo should've had another 4 TDs today. But he did make a few poor decisions. He's not a huge dud, but just a small one. But you do make a fair point. Semi stud/dud?

I totally understand your point, but let me say this, if the packers receivers catch half of their dropped passes, we are looking at possibly 300 yards and 3 TD’s, I know he was off on a couple of throws but taking into account the dropped passes issues, any kind of “dud” mention just seems harsh

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There were a couple of passes to TEs in the first half that were dropped. If either of those were caught perhaps your grade for 12 would be more charitable. It didn't help Adams hurting his hammy. I hope all of the injuries we had today are not serious.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, thus far it seems the theme is slow start ... But big finishes, and we got just that again today

Studs:

MVP and big time gamer goes to Aaron Jones hands down. Even though Rodgers has resurged, no doubt Jones has now become the focal point of the offense and may be on his way to challenge for league if it keeps up

Rodgers looked good again, and MVS though he had a couple drops once again making the big catch of the day

Robert Tonyan definitely is our clear number one at TE

And I think you gotta hand it to the OL, they been holding up in spite of injuries, and they got it done again today

And then Chandon Sullivan

Half stud/dud

Defense was looking awful early, but Matt LaFleur made sure they heard about it. The stud part is, they didn't allow a rash of garbage time TDs this week

Only real dud of this game was Jace Sternberger. Now I know why Deguara was drafted.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sheesh another one, and people wonder why so many people think the average Packer fan is spoiled

This, fans are just too stupid to understand the math of having a balanced offensive attack.

Rodgers doesn't need to put up 400 passing yards per game with 5 TDs when we now have a rushing attack that can rack up all kinds of yards and TDs. And yes, there could have been more if not for that dud TE Sternberger. It is all his fault he dropped those easy catches.

RepStar15

Reaction score
I literally said, “he wasn’t a dud, but was not his best.” He did have a lot of overthrown and underthrown balls today. That is a fact.

RepStar15

Reaction score
This, fans are just too stupid to understand the math of having a balanced offensive attack.

Rodgers doesn't need to put up 400 passing yards per game with 5 TDs when we now have a rushing attack that can rack up all kinds of yards and TDs. And yes, there could have been more if not for that dud TE Sternberger. It is all his fault he dropped those easy catches.
This is in regards to you disagreeing that Rodgers was not his best. Can you please explain how you disagree that he had a lot of overthrown and underthrown footballs today? He literally threw MVS into compromised position twice, overthrew Jones twice, underthrew Davante twice (one of which Davante turned around and caught), that is just what I remember and will have more for you when I rewatch the game tomorrow.

Believe it or not, it’s OK for Rodgers to have an off game. Especially when the team puts up 42 points.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones
Chandon Sullivan

No duds.

Am really happy we get to see flashes of Gary, Dillon, Tonyan etc.

In the shadows but Jamaal Williams had a solid game too. Showed some style.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is in regards to you disagreeing that Rodgers was not his best. Can you please explain how you disagree that he had a lot of overthrown and underthrown footballs today? He literally threw MVS into compromised position twice, overthrew Jones twice, underthrew Davante twice (one of which Davante turned around and caught), that is just what I remember and will have more for you when I rewatch the game tomorrow.

Believe it or not, it’s OK for Rodgers to have an off game. Especially when the team puts up 42 points.
This is primarily why I gave him a dud. Rodgers played a decent game, but most of the blunders gets swept under the rug because we blew them out. We're not saying he played garbage, but he could've played better, and I'm sure he feels the same.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is primarily why I gave him a dud. Rodgers played a decent game, but most of the blunders gets swept under the rug because we blew them out. We're not saying he played garbage, but he could've played better, and I'm sure he feels the same.
Swing pass to Jones..over thrown

This is same argument I had last year.

If someone wants to fault a wr or te for not catching a good ball. Then fault Rodgers for missing easy throws

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to pay a running back, but Aaron Jones is making it very hard not to.

Members online

Latest posts