Studs and duds Lions game

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the one to jones was the worst. combo of too much zip and too flat of a route. for all we know he's meant to catch that running up field already not running to the sideline. either way, a guy can miss a pass or 2 a game. it's allowed. He missed very little today.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is in regards to you disagreeing that Rodgers was not his best. Can you please explain how you disagree that he had a lot of overthrown and underthrown footballs today? He literally threw MVS into compromised position twice, overthrew Jones twice, underthrew Davante twice (one of which Davante turned around and caught), that is just what I remember and will have more for you when I rewatch the game tomorrow.

Believe it or not, it’s OK for Rodgers to have an off game. Especially when the team puts up 42 points.

The whole problem is this just comes across as stupid nit picking and ridiculous to even need to bring up incompletions. Davante Adams was out or limited for most of the game, and while 240 yards passing wasn't as good as last week, with Aaron Jones's rushing attack it was plenty.

Rodgers may have gotten dinged a bit at only a 60% completion thing today, which would have been more like 70% if the butterfingers hadn't taken over on Sternberger and a couple others.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't have the best game of his career, but I don't see how he can be a dud. Yeah, he missed a couple of throws, but he also had a lot of nice ones and his passer rating was 107.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ putting Rodgers in the dud category, he's been amazing so far this year

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part it seems to me that Arod's behavior and facial expressions have been a lot better this year. But was that him yelling at LaFleur when LaFleur called a time-out? I think that kind of stuff is wrong. You don't do that to the head coach. And later he seemed not to listen to LaFleur on the sideline. He is a lot better both as a QB this year and with his attitude) but he still needs to hang on to his cool. He gets a dud for that. Mainly because I don't think it is good for the team in the long run.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part it seems to me that Arod's behavior and facial expressions have been a lot better this year. But was that him yelling at LaFleur when LaFleur called a time-out? I think that kind of stuff is wrong. You don't do that to the head coach. And later he seemed not to listen to LaFleur on the sideline. He is a lot better both as a QB this year and with his attitude) but he still needs to hang on to his cool. He gets a dud for that. Mainly because I don't think it is good for the team in the long run.
At this point, it's just Rodgers and we have to deal with it. We've seen this for years, and it's obviously worth it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yeah I just went through all of the offensive plays again. Rodgers missed a swing pass to Jones, threw a little low to MVS, slightly overthrew Jones up the left sideline. A couple of his other ball placements could have been a little better, but the vast majority of his throws were very well placed. I think I counted five drops for close to 100 yards.

He wasn't quite as good as last week, but he played a solid game.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoutout to MVS for actually using his arms this year. He's a weapon no matter what.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wasn't crazy about it either, but as C-Lee pointed out, it's who he's always been. It was an emotional reaction in the heat of the moment. He spent the whole play clock making adjustments to get everything how he wanted it, and if LaFleur doesn't call the timeout, looks like we could have scored a touchdown.

Like I said...not excusing it. But I don't think it'll present an issue moving forward. Things like this happen a lot more frequently with a lot more teams than what you realize.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't have the best game of his career, but I don't see how he can be a dud. Yeah, he missed a couple of throws, but he also had a lot of nice ones and his passer rating was 107.

And it just seems he only gets a stud rating these days if he gets 400 passing yards, 4 TDs, and has absolute zero incompletions. Well ... Maybe I did overstate the nitpicking a little, but ... the standard does get ridiculous enough that it seems to only apply to Rodgers

The reason Rodgers should get a stud rating is because he's played smart so far this year which is what matters most. He's not been taking needless sacks, and of course he's avoided turnovers. LaFleur's scheme and our running game allow for decent QB play without it needing to be outstanding.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must have missed Rodgers arm on MLF's shoulder after Boyle went in the game.

H

HardRightEdge

Swing pass to Jones..over thrown

This is same argument I had last year.

If someone wants to fault a wr or te for not catching a good ball. Then fault Rodgers for missing easy throws
Rodgers sucks. He threw a lot of deep balls instead of checking down like LaFleur wants him to do and he completed only 60% of his passes today, below the rate of last year's dreadful season. Take Adams out of the mix and he's not even an average QB. He just sucks. That's all there is to it. :whistling:

By the way, like I said before, he was missing those throws back when he was proclaimed the GOAT but nobody seemed to notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers sucks. He threw a lot of deep balls instead of checking down like LaFleur wants him to do and he completed only 60% of his passes today, below the rate of last year's dreadful season. Take Adams out of the mix and he's not even an average QB. He just sucks. That's all there is to it. :whistling:

By the way, like I said before, he was missing those throws back when he was proclaimed the GOAT but nobody seemed to notice.
Im not spending pages worth debating, like I did last year.

He over threw a swing pass. Still had great game

Mvs dropped few balls but did okay.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must have missed Rodgers arm on MLF's shoulder after Boyle went in the game.
I did not see that. But he does deserve credit for not getting down on receivers this year. In fact, I think he is doing the "do better next time kid" thing. Which is good. Like I said, he imho is doing better with his attitude this year and that is going to help this team.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Jones - His confidence is growing and is playing exactly to his skill set. Having a great strong start to the season.

Offensive Line - The legos are moving around a bit and there is more depth there than I thought.
The run game is as good as Ive seen in quite awhile, and pass pro is above avg.

Chandon Sullivan - Dont look now but he is starting to get a nose for the ball. Refreshing!

R Gary - Got some nice push when it mattered in the 4th quarter. More development seen here.

Jaire Alexander - He flashes and has swagger. A lot of confidence showing in him.

Matt Lafleur - I like that he called out the D probably at all levels at half. Bout time.

JK Scott - nice placement and accuracy today.

Duds:

Jace Sternberger - Needs to work on his concentration bring the ball in and then turn upfield.

All in all, the true test is next week. The NFC North appears to be below avg this year. Now I know how the Patriots feel every year LOL. This offense appears to be ready to go. Pettine needs to focus on D calls. Get snacks signed somehow, we need a presence on the front 3 that is consistant. I think the secondary is better than billed, more pressure would reveal that.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Jones - His confidence is growing and is playing exactly to his skill set. Having a great strong start to the season.

Offensive Line - The legos are moving around a bit and there is more depth there than I thought.
The run game is as good as Ive seen in quite awhile, and pass pro is above avg.

Chandon Sullivan - Dont look now but he is starting to get a nose for the ball. Refreshing!

R Gary - Got some nice push when it mattered in the 4th quarter. More development seen here.

Jaire Alexander - He flashes and has swagger. A lot of confidence showing in him.

Matt Lafleur - I like that he called out the D probably at all levels at half. Bout time.

JK Scott - nice placement and accuracy today.

Duds:

Jace Sternberger - Needs to work on his concentration bring the ball in and then turn upfield.

All in all, the true test is next week. The NFC North appears to be below avg this year. Now I know how the Patriots feel every year LOL. This offense appears to be ready to go. Pettine needs to focus on D calls. Get snacks signed somehow, we need a presence on the front 3 that is consistant. I think the secondary is better than billed, more pressure would reveal that.

Sternberger has to look the ball in before heading up field.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Remember last year when people kept saying that LaFleur's offense generally clicked in year 2?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And it just seems he only gets a stud rating these days if he gets 400 passing yards, 4 TDs, and has absolute zero incompletions. Well ... Maybe I did overstate the nitpicking a little, but ... the standard does get ridiculous enough that it seems to only apply to Rodgers

The reason Rodgers should get a stud rating is because he's played smart so far this year which is what matters most. He's not been taking needless sacks, and of course he's avoided turnovers. LaFleur's scheme and our running game allow for decent QB play without it needing to be outstanding.
And not throwing away the ball

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember last year when people kept saying that LaFleur's offense generally clicked in year 2?
They were so wrong, just took A-Aron finally buying in to MLFs scheme. It’s just a coincidence that is year 2 in the system...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not see that. But he does deserve credit for not getting down on receivers this year. In fact, I think he is doing the "do better next time kid" thing. Which is good. Like I said, he imho is doing better with his attitude this year and that is going to help this team.
It seems like Ive seen rodgers arm around him more these 2 years, than his arm around mm last 5

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers definitely didn't put up huge numbers vs. the Lions but there's absolutely no reason to even think about considering him a dud.

It's true that he missed some throws but fans should be happy with the offense being able to score 34 points without him carrying the offense.

Adams being targeted only three times because he wasn't fully healthy factored into the passing game ending up with less than stellar numbers as well.

Latest posts