Studs and Duds Lion game

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well I don't think McCarthy's blocking scheme has played to the strength of the O-line. In fact it has played to it's weakness. We don't have this huge dominating offensive line but that doesn't mean there not talented. More zone blocking is needed up front like the Broncos used to do with Terrell Davis. Add to that these designed running plays that have Eddy Lacy trying to look like Barry Sanders and I can easily see why things are failing.

I have seen enough of Eddy Lacy trying to "Juke and Dance" And I don't blame Lacy like McCarthy does. MM seems pretty determined of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers OL did not play like it had plenty of talent against the Lions. Even when the Lions put only 6 men in the box.

The most disappointing thing about the OL´s performance against the Lions was that Sitton and Lang, supposedly our best players on the line, had a disappointing game as well.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I was quite clearly talking about depth the RT position, which Bakhtiari can't play, but if you want to misrepresent me to try and make your point feel free to go ahead.
:rolleyes: Here's what you wrote:
Very few teams, if any, can survive injuries to their #1 and #2 OT's and their #1 Center.
In the future if you want to "quite clearly" talk about depth at RT, write RT, not OTs. Obviously you weren't quite clear.

And the point about a 5th rounder was that he was a rookie. Counting upon a rookie 5th rounder as "good depth" before the season starts is foolish. Of course some 5th rounders and some UDFAs work out, but that doesn't mean all of them should be counted upon before they play a snap from scrimmage in an NFL game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Here's what you wrote: In the future if you want to "quite clearly" talk about depth at RT, write RT, not OTs. Obviously you weren't quite clear.

And the point about a 5th rounder was that he was a rookie. Counting upon a rookie 5th rounder as "good depth" before the season starts is foolish. Of course some 5th rounders and some UDFAs work out, but that doesn't mean all of them should be counted upon before they play a snap from scrimmage in an NFL game.

This. It seems depth isn't much of a concern until it becomes a problem. I'd like to see veterans at backup.

Members online

Latest posts