Studs and Duds: Green Bay vs. Chicago

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

entire dom capers defense - dialed up quite a few nice calls throughout the game. They did bend but did not break. Hopefully this keeps coming into Philadelphia.

Greg Jennings - continues to be a big weapon to be reckoned with, seems to break open late in routes and almost always makes the catch.

Masthay - had great directional punting today with great results. Improving! Now lets not see a 20 yard punt in the playoffs.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy: again the offensive playcalling was offensive versus a cover 2 D. Amazing how inconsistent his calls are. calling a deep ball with 3rd and 2 is not a good idea when all that is needed is 2 yards. also when is he going to find a way to run the ball into the end zone from a yard out.

In the playoffs with a 6 seed, and going to Philadelphia. Now it is time to see if the packers can win a playoff game. keeping contain with the pass rush is crucial against Vick. Kind of a shoddy win against the Bears, but they got it done.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

entire dom capers defense - dialed up quite a few nice calls throughout the game. They did bend but did not break. Hopefully this keeps coming into Philadelphia.

Greg Jennings - continues to be a big weapon to be reckoned with, seems to break open late in routes and almost always makes the catch.

Masthay - had great directional punting today with great results. Improving! Now lets not see a 20 yard punt in the playoffs.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy: again the offensive playcalling was offensive versus a cover 2 D. Amazing how inconsistent his calls are. calling a deep ball with 3rd and 2 is not a good idea when all that is needed is 2 yards. also when is he going to find a way to run the ball into the end zone from a yard out.

In the playoffs with a 6 seed, and going to Philadelphia. Now it is time to see if the packers can win a playoff game. keeping contain with the pass rush is crucial against Vick. Kind of a shoddy win against the Bears, but they got it done.
Jennings had 2 key drops. Can't put him on studs IMHO.

Also, that 3rd and 2 call was for Rodgers to dump off to Kuhn on the flat. We used the same play for a first against NE. It was Rodgers who chose to go deep.

Unless rewatching the game from a wide angle gives you something I didn't see in the game, MM's playcalling was fine. It was more execution.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree Jennings is out IMO. I would say walden should be in his place

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't blame a thing in this game on McCarthy, other than that challenge on the Rodgers INT, it was clearly a pick. Other than that, our problems were execution.

I would honestly give the QB, Rodgers a big dud on this performance. That 2nd and goal, he makes a better pitch back to B Jax and it's a TD, on the 3rd and goal, he misses a WIDE open Jennings just hanging out in the back of the endzone. His defense and SPECIAL TEAMS bailed his and the offenses *** out today.

Receiver drops are getting ridiculous again too. Jennings dropped a couple that would have gone for HUGE gains, Driver fumbles, Jones drops a sure 1st down, right through his hands.

Hats off to the defense and special teams. Great job by Walden stepping up.

As for Tim Masthay, hell ****** yes!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when are people going to learn that just because rodgers throws it deep it does not mean MM is calling DEEP BALL ITS 3RD AND 2 LOL there are other routes on that play, they just were not open. you can have a go route, post route, slant, and a back coming out of the backfield on one the same play.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, I don't think it was clearly a pick I think it could have had a good chance of being turned over. I thought the head of officiating thought it could go either way

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Capers, Waldon, Tramon, Hawk and Woodson are the studs.

Capers because of what he has been able to do with what is left of the team he started with is amazing. I am still concerned over the BIG plays that Forte had today.
Hawk was consistant
Woodson on that awesome smack down on cutler
Tramon is just awesome
Waldon, were did he come from? Is he for real or did the bears just continue to view him as just another guy all night? If so they are more pathetic than i thought!

Rodger came through in the end. But whey did it take 2 quarters?
Jennings made a play after not making plays he should. Dropped passes that could have changed the game early.
Driver made a play after turning it over. Still gotta love the guy.

Really glad they finally got it done. Everyone really came out flat today. I hope this is a wake up call to prepare for the playoffs unlike last year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agreed Ivo, that pick looked like it was resting nose down on the ground, I personally feel it was NOT a pick, but nobody is claiming I'm unbiased either.

Bulaga should be on Duds for 4 penalties or whatever that stalled 3 drives (can't remember exactly)

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
studs for me:
hawk, walden, jennings (even with the drops), masthay, woodson, and tramon for his defensive play and that big return.

Duds:
Bulaga (played like a true rookie), james jones, DD, and he wasn't really a dud, but Jordy nelson-only because on that one play where it was like 3rd and 15 and when he got the ball and rather than cutting inside with his blocker, he went to the right towards the sidline and was forced out of bounds when he could've easily gotten the first down.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Buluga was playing as a rookie today, but even so he had a tough game versus Peppers. As much as I want to say he was a dud, we didn't hear much of Peppers sacking Rodgers.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, I don't think it was clearly a pick I think it could have had a good chance of being turned over. I thought the head of officiating thought it could go either way

The reason that I thought it was a bad challenge was because of the call on the field. I agree that it could have gone either way initially, but because the call on the field was an interception, I didn't feel that there was conclusive evidence to overturn it. Win some, you lose some. Good play by Tillman either way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We give the bears a hard time but their Defense came to play today. They could easily be alive late in the postseason if cutler doesn't doom them

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Hawk was flying to the ball all day
Walden
Raji
Masthay
Jennings

I give Bulaga a little leeway since he's a rookie playing out of position against Peppers.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs......The Packers defense. Good job getting to Cutler and forcing a great game ending turnover.

Duds.....All the drops, again. I said this during the week the Packers are going to have a hard to winning if all these dropped passes keep happening. I think they better put some glue on Jones and Jennings hands next week because you can not have drops like Jennings did today that could of lead to TD's in the playoffs.

But I am happy as hell we beat the Bears, and WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PACK GO!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, Da Bears did their best to knock us out. But we are there baby!!! THERE

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs......The Packers defense. Good job getting to Cutler and forcing a great game ending turnover.

Duds.....All the drops, again. I said this during the week the Packers are going to have a hard to winning if all these dropped passes keep happening. I think they better put some glue on Jones and Jennings hands next week because you can not have drops like Jennings did today that could of lead to TD's in the playoffs.

But I am happy as hell we beat the Bears, and WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PACK GO!

The dropped passes are extremely upsetting. I think bc GB is my team that their dropped passes get magnified more than other teams'

In any case, if we clean up our act, we'll be hard to take down in the playoffs... man do we have a bone crushing D.... they give CHI no breathing room.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts