Studs And Duds: Green Bay Vs. Carolina

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers: brought the team back from an abysmal start, nice finish, made good decisions despite holding on to the ball a little too long at times in the first half.

Jordy Nelson: Is this the packers version of Robert Horry? Sealed the deal on his reception.

Charles Woodson: kind of a mixed bag of tricks, made some key plays that led to a Packers win. That is what prime time players do. Got cooked a few times, but it is hard to not make him a stud.

Oline: running game was once again pretty effective. seems to be improvement here.

Crosby: made every field goal which helped the team. good job.

Special Teams: for the most part, a non-factor to the outcome of the game. An improvement.

Run D: great job containing the running backs.

DUDS:

Jarrett Bush: blitz and then stop coming on a sure sack in the first half? what is wrong with this guy. His coverage was okay but need to look further.

Dom Capers first half pass defense: wow, a rook tore you a new one. didnt blitz as much as needed.

McCarthy: going for it on 4th and 4 with :50 left in the first half? punt the ball, pin them deep, and go into the half without giving Carolina an opportunity to score more points. What is going on with James Jones? he is wide open. reminds me of Andre Rison in 1995-96 - no throws his way cuz management doesnt like him? trade the guy then if you refuse to use him.

The Carolina Panthers are this good? man it is tough to gauge. Packers have a definite cross airs on their backs. The officiating for this game is a little shaky - one foot inbounds means a TD for Carolina in the first half? Nonsense. Also get Mora, Jr. out of the announcing box FOX, he was homer gomer for the panthers in that game even when the panthers looked like a team with a rookie QB. Explains why he is no longer coaching in the NFL.

L

Lunchboxer

The game would of been blown open for the packers if they scored 3td when they got into the redzone afrer the Panthers Turnovers.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know....if you think about it the Panthers offense isn't that bad. They have some horses on the o-line, decent running backs, good when healthy tight ends and a game breaker receiver. Cam looks very good and he makes that offense much more complete than it was.

Studs...

CWOOD- Possession changed 3 times when the ball was in his hands. Huge.

Starks- Not a ton of touches but made a lot out of them.

Clay and Raji- Only 2 guys on D that really got any pressure.

Mason- Did everything you were asked

Kick teams- No bad returns today which was a huge plus.

Duds....

Hawk- not capable of coverage in any shape or form. you can not have him out there all the time. needs to be rotated out on passing downs.

Capers- Get your guys ready. Stop giving up 400 yds passing each week. Figure something out. You can not just rely on turnovers unless you want to become the bears.

Rodgers- Missed too many throws. I would like to see you in attack mode. Call some audibles if you see a better play based on the D they are showing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give it up for Crosby, he deserves the praise today. Didnt think I would ever say that ;)

On the Carolina side

Stud - Steve Smith, minus the fumble, he put on a clinic today.

Stewart- a beast today.

Duds - Cam Newton, you could argue for the 400 + passing yards but I cant put anyone on a stud list that throws 3 INTs.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck is the player of the game.

You can see why he earned the Heisman and D-MVP!

Reaction score
Studs:
C-Wood, I don't think there is any doubt about that. 2 INTs and a fumble recovery. Glad we got him on our team!
Morgan Burnett-hits hard. Terrific 3rd down and goal stop of Newton, caused Steve Smith to lose the ball on that fumble and had an INT
Clay Matthews-Clay is relentless, his motor never stops...he does a lot of things that don't show up in the box score.
BJ Raji-Carolina kept trying to run in his direction and kept getting rejected.

DUDS:
Aaron Rodgers-I love Rodgers and even though stat wise he had a great game, many of his throws were off target. There were at least 3 throws in Jennings' direction that were just flat out awful.
Bulaga-2 penalties, can't have those
The defense in the 1st quarter-All bad!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has some problems back there.
The Panthers opened the game with a lot of play-action, and Cam would turn around and have all-day to throw, and someone would be wide-open.
I kept yelling to bring heat to the youngster because if you hurry him, make him rush his throws, he'll donate some balls.....

Finally they brought some heat, and when Cam hurried his throws, they were free balls for our guys to pick.

Also, what the hell is up with electing not to cover runningbacks? Last week it seemed to be Hawk not covering Sproles well, which you can't expect him to do well.
But today, Stewart was often unchecked.

Forte caught 10 balls today vs the Saints. He's gonna catch 20 on us.
I don't know the scheme and all, but Capers has to fix that.
It can't be that easy.

(Gosh another Brady-to-TE touchdown.... 3 today so far to his TEs.... I'm sick of them, that guy...)

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah hopefully we can figure something out for Forte or he is going to have a monster game.

Carolinablue52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was fun watching Smith and Woodson compete out there two of my favorite players on both sides of the ball

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the heck would anybody put A-Rod on a "Duds" list?
He, as well as the rest of the team, was off to a slow start but once he got his mojo going there was no stopping him.
He made two awesome TD throws.
No interceptions.
And he's an excellent play caller.

The only dud I have would be Ryan Grant.
Everyone has been making a big deal about him starting last year when he was out.
For now, I have yet to see him do anything that is impressive.
I find him overrated.
Starks is the man.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Studs:
Starks (like 9.5 yards/carry or something like that)
Rodgers (When 119.9 rating = off game, that's a good thing)
Finley (beast, victim of stupid NFL rule)
Nelson (making the most of his catches, or in this case.. catch)
Woodson (Steve Smith getting the best of him early, but nice bounce back)
Bishop (seemed to be everywhere today)
Driver (only 1 catch, but broke the receiving yardage record. My favorite Packer, Congrats DD :))

Duds
Capers (wake up old man, the schedule gets harder not easier)
Jim Mora (What an annoying sack of **** this guy)

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the announcers even mention that Driver broke that record? I couldn't take Mora so I was tuning them out.

Members online

Latest posts