Starks being pulled

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you partly azrsx05. It's a double-standard regarding the RBs vs QB. Rodgers had three fumbles yet stayed in the game until McCarthy became concerned for his health. Obviously I don't want Rodgers pull but RBs need a little slack. We need production right now with the risk of turnovers vs occasional production (Starks vs Lacy). There must be another way to penalize RBs for turnovers that doesn't violate the CBA.

However, I don't think this is the beginning of the end for McCarthy.
There's obviously a different standard for Rodgers, or any other great QB who is having a bad game. A star RB will be given some slack about their fumbles until they become too much of a problem. Starks doesn't have as much room for error for obvious reasons.

However, Adams should certainly be benched, as he does far more to hurt us than he contributes, and has never been a big contributor.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Starks and Lacy fumble at the most crucial times. Yes AP might fumble... but you can't compare Starks or Lacy to AP at all. If another wr ever emerges then I believe Adams will be demoted. TT won't cut him outright to save face...he took the guy in the second round so it just makes him look bad.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been MM's policy for years, if a RB fumbles he needs to earn his way back onto the field. Starks is a much more boom/bust runner, however, and generally makes something (good) happen regularly, so a struggling Packer offense can NOT afford to bench him "on principle".

I vehemently oppose this policy NOT being used on Adams, who stays in games only to continue killing drives. Great example at end of 3rd quarter in the AZ game: Adams lets TD pass fly through his fingers, and next play AR went right back to him short of the endzone for a turnover on downs. I'm an OK lip reader and I believe AR was saying to himself "F__ing play call" when Adams was stopped short.

Either McCarthy uses this policy for every player or discontinue it... to remove a weapon from the field for a mistake doesn't help the big-picture of winning a game.
You don't operate the playing field by policy. You do what gives the team the best chance of winning.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Starks and Lacy fumble at the most crucial times. Yes AP might fumble... but you can't compare Starks or Lacy to AP at all. If another wr ever emerges then I believe Adams will be demoted. TT won't cut him outright to save face...he took the guy in the second round so it just makes him look bad.

Probably won't cut him cause he is no worse than Jordy or JJ at this point in his career... His stats, drops are right there with both of them. The problem is Jordy had Driver and Jennings to pick up for his mis-steps early on. Davante doesn't have that luxury since Cobb disappears for quarters at a time, and Jordy is out.

People are so ******* the kid, but in reality... He was never going to be a polished talent coming from where he did. His true potential like Jordys will be years 4+.

Everyone thinks Jordy was a huge success from the start. He wasn't... At all.

Here is all years up to 2013 stats for Jordy

Career Receptions / Drops / Rate of Drops
256 25 8.90

Which is much higher than Adam's 8% this year... I'm not saying Adams can be Jordy, but the stats don't really lie, Jordy only had 6 TDs in his first 3 years combined. 2 each year.

Cut the kid a little slack, if we would have done this with Jordy, he'd be playing for someone else... And everyone would be *****ing well WTF TT we should have kept him.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably won't cut him cause he is no worse than Jordy or JJ at this point in his career... His stats, drops are right there with both of them. The problem is Jordy had Driver and Jennings to pick up for his mis-steps early on. Davante doesn't have that luxury since Cobb disappears for quarters at a time, and Jordy is out.

People are so ******* the kid, but in reality... He was never going to be a polished talent coming from where he did. His true potential like Jordys will be years 4+.

Everyone thinks Jordy was a huge success from the start. He wasn't... At all.

Here is all years up to 2013 stats for Jordy

Career Receptions / Drops / Rate of Drops
256 25 8.90

Which is much higher than Adam's 8% this year... I'm not saying Adams can be Jordy, but the stats don't really lie, Jordy only had 6 TDs in his first 3 years combined. 2 each year.

Cut the kid a little slack, if we would have done this with Jordy, he'd be playing for someone else... And everyone would be *****ing well WTF TT we should have kept him.
No doubt Cobb has been the bigger issue. They shouldn't have put as much pressure on Adams with all of the hype. I see potential, trust me, but he looks more like a converted QB out there than a guy who caught 24 TDs in his junior year in college. There are many skills that he didn't need then that he absolutely needs now to succeed.

His playing strength is a big concern to me. He is stifled by press coverage from smaller CBs, and he didn't get one inch of traction the other night on that goal line play, despite being built like a guy who could thrive on driving people with him into the end zone.

Right now, Abbrederis has looked more like a finished product. Maybe they didn't play him as much because they figured it was a lost cause in a losing battle. But he has the superior route-running skills for the time being.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Abby...he's probably the best route runner on the team . He's definitely a better route runner than James Jones and Devante Adams that's for sure .

Adams is an athletic freak, that's why I believe he's still given his chances. He's got like a 42inch vertical, and I've seen tape of him in college make Carr look good many times by just going up and taking the ball from DBS... but it hasn't translated over to the NFL . I don't care what he's does at practice or in camp if I don't see it on Sundays. That's why I'm tired of the guy and the excuses being made for him, I'm sure we all saw him spike the ball after what? 1 of his 3 catches on the day? That was raw emotion from a guy who's feeling the pressure. Athletes read the paper and watch sportscenter too just like us fans do...I'm sure he's tired of hearing about how unproductive he's been and how he can't catch, and it kinda just came out Sunday. Well guess what Devante? You make a pretty great living to "catch " a football so I don't have any sympathy for you. Catch the dang ball! And get open! The struggles are partially his fault but the staff is to blame to because they still allow him to gimp around out there and run half *** routes.

Rodgers hasn't been on like we are used to seeing... but do we see MM using Abby more? Is Rodgers taking his deep shots to a guy who can stretch the field like Janis? Off play action? No. Is there really any production from Richard Rogers or Quarless from the tightend spot? In fact has there really been in two years? No. How many times have we seen that damn comeback route? That's seems to be the only route James jones can do anything with am I lying? That ish is so predictable haha. I hear ppl bashing Cobb but I guarantee you Cobb would be the #1 wr for Seattle, Minnesota, Carolina, New England, and Kansas City...ALL teams in the playoffs by the way with average to solid Wrs at best. What's that say about MM? Cobb to me is a good wr who is not used correctly In his current system. Lining him up in the backfield to run the ball every now and then isn't creative . Let him run routes against ilbs like Arizonas rb...who ran Our backers up and down the field . The players and creativity are lacking . Bad combination

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Abby...he's probably the best route runner on the team . He's definitely a better route runner than James Jones and Devante Adams that's for sure .

Adams is an athletic freak, that's why I believe he's still given his chances. He's got like a 42inch vertical, and I've seen tape of him in college make Carr look good many times by just going up and taking the ball from DBS... but it hasn't translated over to the NFL . I don't care what he's does at practice or in camp if I don't see it on Sundays. That's why I'm tired of the guy and the excuses being made for him, I'm sure we all saw him spike the ball after what? 1 of his 3 catches on the day? That was raw emotion from a guy who's feeling the pressure. Athletes read the paper and watch sportscenter too just like us fans do...I'm sure he's tired of hearing about how unproductive he's been and how he can't catch, and it kinda just came out Sunday. Well guess what Devante? You make a pretty great living to "catch " a football so I don't have any sympathy for you. Catch the dang ball! And get open! The struggles are partially his fault but the staff is to blame to because they still allow him to gimp around out there and run half *** routes.

Rodgers hasn't been on like we are used to seeing... but do we see MM using Abby more? Is Rodgers taking his deep shots to a guy who can stretch the field like Janis? Off play action? No. Is there really any production from Richard Rogers or Quarless from the tightend spot? In fact has there really been in two years? No. How many times have we seen that damn comeback route? That's seems to be the only route James jones can do anything with am I lying? That ish is so predictable haha. I hear ppl bashing Cobb but I guarantee you Cobb would be the #1 wr for Seattle, Minnesota, Carolina, New England, and Kansas City...ALL teams in the playoffs by the way with average to solid Wrs at best. What's that say about MM? Cobb to me is a good wr who is not used correctly In his current system. Lining him up in the backfield to run the ball every now and then isn't creative . Let him run routes against ilbs like Arizonas rb...who ran Our backers up and down the field . The players and creativity are lacking . Bad combination
I don't agree with Cobb being a #1 on those other teams, but I still think he is being misused. I don't think he's as good as Maclin or a great TE, but he's got some serious hands on him, and he's good in the clutch. There's got to be a way he can be involved beyond these uncreative formations with him in the backfield, as you mentioned.

BTW, Adams has a 39 inch vertical. That's not really much of an advantage over the average receiver. Janis is a couple of inches taller, and has a 37 vertical, and Robinson, the stud we passed up on, has a 42. His leading ability came into play because he reportedly could "high point"the ball-now he just has to learn to get his hands around it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Rodgers taking his deep shots to a guy who can stretch the field like Janis?

They did this once... Janis couldn't even find the ball, makes it hard to catch when you have that kind of awareness. My view is... if you think Adams is like a C grade at receiver. Janis licks windows and eat glue. Hell of a special teamer though, just don't think his receiving skills are NFL level.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did this once... Janis couldn't even find the ball, makes it hard to catch when you have that kind of awareness. My view is... if you think Adams is like a C grade at receiver. Janis licks windows and eat glue. Hell of a special teamer though, just don't think his receiving skills are NFL level.
Come on, dude. You're willing to give Adams a pass who has clearly sucked more than any stat could ever indicate, yet you doom Janis based off a couple of plays. He was a D2 draft pick in the 7th round, we should show him the same patience as we do Adams.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, dude. You're willing to give Adams a pass who has clearly sucked more than any stat could ever indicate, yet you doom Janis based off a couple of plays. He was a D2 draft pick in the 7th round, we should show him the same patience as we do Adams.

Ohh I agree 100%... I should clarify, what I am saying is that I think he need much more time than Adams. That speed is scary, if he can learn the other things. Anything is possible. He definitely has my patience. Just I don't really understand the Janis over Adams conversation right now.

Abbrederis... Maybe? Even that, there hasn't been enough proof yet and he isn't really requiring much attention right now.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohh I agree 100%... I should clarify, what I am saying is that I think he need much more time than Adams. That speed is scary, if he can learn the other things. Anything is possible. He definitely has my patience. Just I don't really understand the Janis over Adams conversation right now.

Abbrederis... Maybe? Even that, there hasn't been enough proof yet and he isn't really requiring much attention right now.
Yeah, Janis is as raw as you can get. But also as athletic a specimen as you will find. Adams is much more polished at this point, as are most NFL Wrs, but I can't fault them in the slightest for drafting Janis in the 7th.

I don't think anyone is upset anymore about Janis missing snaps. The Oakland game provided all of the proof most need as to why he doesn't see the field more.

As for Abbrederis, all I have to go off of is my feel for the game, which is almost always accurate. The guy can play. He is going to be the better option than Adams while healthy. Adams has a higher ceiling if he decides to live up to his potential, but we are far from it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts