Solid draft yes..but our backup QB situation still scares me.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What FA QBs are still out there on the market that we could sign for cheap?

M

mayo44

If anybody on here can honestly say with a straight face they are ok with Graham harrel being the backup i'd like to check your pulse haha. No but seriously, everytime Rodgers gets hit i pray he gets back up because there is just no faith that Harell could lead this team if Rodgers missed time. Let's hope he stays healthy.

How many teams have a backup QB plan that isn't scary? Not too many.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't care all that much. If Rodgers goes down, so does our season. Might as well suck to get better draft positioning.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a question I thought to myself this week, would you guys be opposed if TT picked up Greg Mcelroy if he was cut by the Jets? I liked what I saw in the couple games last year when he played and would love to see him compete for the back-up QB position. Just wondering what you guys think.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anybody on here can honestly say with a straight face they are ok with Graham harrel being the backup i'd like to check your pulse haha. No but seriously, everytime Rodgers gets hit i pray he gets back up because there is just no faith that Harell could lead this team if Rodgers missed time. Let's hope he stays healthy.
I have some confidence he could manage a series or two. But with Flynn, I had confidence the Packers had a shot at being competitive for a game or two if they had to.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Here is the current list of free agent QB's:

Charlie Batch
Byron Leftwich
Matt Leinart
Jordan Palmer
Trent Edwards
Tim Tebow
Tyler Thigpen
John Parker Wilson
Vince Young

There is no one on that list that is remotely viable as a long-term option in the absence of Rodgers. No, not even if they played in a national championship game in college.
looking at this list of rejects made me feel all warm and fuzzy about Graham Harrell

Staff online

Members online