Solid draft yes..but our backup QB situation still scares me.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Or possibly your starter since both your qb's suck:tup:
Yup, our starter sucked last year. Yet we still ended up one game behind the team with the "greatest QB in the league right now." And played that team in the playoffs. What do you think might happen if our sucky QB suddenly becomes, say, an average QB?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from all that jibberish, congrats on finally answering the original question on who your proposed backup QB is! Your selection is not a free agent at this time, but at least you provided an actual suggested backup QB and a reason why you think he will be a free agent.

You mean that's all it took to shut you up?!?!:D haha jk man. Anyways i think Carr is probably one of the few guy's that can hold serve if he had to start. Former #1 pick and started alot of games for houston. I actually think he could have been a starter elsewhere had he not gone to New York.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, our starter sucked last year. Yet we still ended up one game behind the team with the "greatest QB in the league right now." And played that team in the playoffs. What do you think might happen if our sucky QB suddenly becomes, say, an average QB?

Honestly? i think you guy's would make the playoffs again. I thought you had an outstanding draft and Jennings will be huge. The only thing really holding you guy's back is that you don't have an average qb. I bet you were expecting a different response but i like to keep it real.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Having read all the comments, I can only say its a good job we didn`t have the internet during the Packers dark days....lol We would have had a field day !!!!
Cheer up guys, the new season will soon be here. I LOVE this forum.....;)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately for you, by the time this occurs, Peterson will be on the wrong side of 30.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pul-eeze! No Tebow! If the kid couldn't find a spot in the QB wasteland teams of Denver (pre-Manning) and then NYJ; then what makes him a suitable backup for the Packers? I'm sure that TT is fervently trying to figure out how to bring all that QB controversy and drama to GB. ;)

I do wish that we had drafted a back up QB but am resigned that what we have in Harrell/Coleman is really no worse than most teams. However, the only memory I have of Harrell is him stumbling, bumbling and fumbling in his 1st regular season appearance last year against NO. Oh....and his lackluster preseason performance. Once again, this season, I will be praying for improvement on the OL and the good health of Mr.Rodgers!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know statistics don't paint a complete picture, but there are a number of stats from last year pointing to how bad Christian Ponder was. The Vikings beat the Bears with Ponder completing 11 passes for 91 yards; beat the Cardinals completing 8 passes for 58 yards; beat the Rams with Ponder completing 17 passes for 131 yards.

Ponder was:
  • 21st in passer rating
  • 31st in yards per game (Thank God for Blaine Gabbert)
  • 31st in yards per attempt (Thank God for Blaine Gabbert)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What do you think might happen if our sucky QB suddenly becomes, say, an average QB?
No doubt your team would be on their way to another Super Bowl victory...
Oh crap, that's right you've gotta win one to win another!

But, that's right: Your "sans championship(s)" team hasn't been around that long. What's it been - a scant half century or so? Hey, be patient it'd oughta happen any decade now. BTW, are you a Cubs fan too? ;)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But, that's right: Your "sans championship(s)" team hasn't been around that long. What's it been - a scant half century or so? Hey, be patient it'd oughta happen any decade now. BTW, are you a Cubs fan too? ;)

I've always been amazed at the arrogance of Viking fans. You'd think they were a perennial championship team or at least sporting one or two Lombardi trophies the way they talk, not walking around proudly with their "2009-10 NFC North Champions" hoodies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You'll be 2nd in the division again, that's what will happen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the arrogance of Viking fans. You'd think they were a perennial championship team or at least sporting one or two Lombardi trophies the way they talk, not walking around proudly with their "2009-10 NFC North Champions" hoodies.

They are a consistent 9-7 team. It's hilarious

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ironic they lost the only championship trophy the record books have awarded them.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

and what if pigs fly? Neither will happen.....your only shred of hope is AP..... your front office is a comic strip, they got rid of percy harvin, lord knows they must be smart. :confused:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

and what if pigs fly? Neither will happen.....your only shred of hope is AP..... your front office is a comic strip, they got rid of percy harvin, lord knows they must be smart. :confused:
oooooooooh, handbags at twenty paces !!!!!! :D

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The final games of the season Ponder was playing pretty well, so I don't think there's a huge leap waiting to be made here.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder has the tools, and I think he has good coaching. Its just up to him to put in the level of commitment. Maybe tasting some success last season will wet his appetite for more. I hope he does well, the rivalry is starting to lag.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The final games of the season Ponder was playing pretty well, so I don't think there's a huge leap waiting to be made here.

One game isn't a season and a season isn't a career. 18 TDs to 12 ints leaves a lot to be desired.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings had a very good draft and picked up a very good WR in free agency (who did we get?) . Don't underestimate them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings traded an MVP candidate and signed a 30 yr old often injured Greg Jennings. They got worse assuming the draft picks have minimal impact as most rookies do.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings traded an MVP candidate and signed a 30 yr old often injured Greg Jennings. They got worse assuming the draft picks have minimal impact as most rookies do.

Members online

Latest posts