Solid draft yes..but our backup QB situation still scares me.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm kinda bummed we didn't go after Colt McCoy. I think he would have been a more than serviceable back-up

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the arrogance of Viking fans. You'd think they were a perennial championship team or at least sporting one or two Lombardi trophies the way they talk, not walking around proudly with their "2009-10 NFC North Champions" hoodies.
I'm always amazed at the arrogance of Packer fans. Usually it's the younger ones who are arrogant these days because they have been blessed with only having two watched 2 QB's the last 20 years. They weren't around for the 70's when the Packers sucked wind every year. But of course you have those two Lombardi's to toss around and the 13 championships, which come out whenever you have nothing better to contribute to the conversation.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
One game isn't a season and a season isn't a career. 18 TDs to 12 ints leaves a lot to be desired.

You are so right, One game isn't a season and a season isn't a career. 19 TDs to 24 ints leaves a lot to be desired.( Brett Favre, 1983 9-7) Maybe we should go back to 1982 18 tds 13 ints. Maybe they should have cut him in 83.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, you got that right. Since the merger in 1970 the Vikings average win/loss is 9-7. The Packers on the other hand, their average since 1970. 8-8.

Only a Viking fan would come to packers board to brag about their historic winning.

For all that winning, tell me, where is your trophy room? Wait don't tell me, is it on the boat in lake Minnetonka?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are so right, One game isn't a season and a season isn't a career. 19 TDs to 24 ints leaves a lot to be desired.( Brett Favre, 1983 9-7) Maybe we should go back to 1982 18 tds 13 ints. Maybe they should have cut him in 83.

Shoulda cut who in the 80s? I have no idea what you are trying to say.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoulda cut who in the 80s? I have no idea what you are trying to say.

ivor610--Raptorman is referring to 1993, Farve's second year with Packers and his 3rd year in the NFL . The Packer's finished the season at 9-7 and Vikings were also 9-7. Both teams were in second place in NFC Central division. Lions were in first place in NFC Central Division with 10-6 reord.

Favre threw 19 TDs and had 24 Ints in 1993.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
By no means am I a huge favre fan, but comparing favre to ponder...lol....nice reach there raptor.....ponder will never be, could never be, and wont ever be close to even filling favres shoes. BTW, favre seems to be the only QB that you guys have had in the last 30 years that has done anything worth while for the vikes.....and that was when he was our used up left overs.....keep waiting thou, there is a light at the end of your tunnel, you may be able to have Aaron rodgers in 7 years or so, cause lord knows you guys love our table scraps.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivor610--Raptorman is referring to 1993, Farve's second year with Packers and his 3rd year in the NFL . The Packer's finished the season at 9-7 and Vikings were also 9-7. Both teams were in second place in NFC Central division. Lions were in first place in NFC Central Division with 10-6 reord.

Favre threw 19 TDs and had 24 Ints in 1993.

He referenced two different years in the 80s so I wasn't sure of he was confused about a player or just stuck in the 80s like a bad mullet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By no means am I a huge favre fan, but comparing favre to ponder...lol....nice reach there raptor.....ponder will never be, could never be, and wont ever be close to even filling favres shoes. BTW, favre seems to be the only QB that you guys have had in the last 30 years that has done anything worth while for the vikes.....and that was when he was our used up left overs.....keep waiting thou, there is a light at the end of your tunnel, you may be able to have Aaron rodgers in 7 years or so, cause lord knows you guys love our table scraps.

There are 4 ways to build a team in the nfl. 1. Draft 2. Free agency 3. Hybrid 4. Through packers left overs.

Imitation = flattery

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, you got that right. Since the merger in 1970 the Vikings average win/loss is 9-7. The Packers on the other hand, their average since 1970. 8-8.

Since the start of modern free agency in 1993 the Packers have averaged 10.25 wins per season. The Vikings, on the other hand, have averaged 8.65 wins per season.

See, I can also cherry-pick a timeframe.

But please tell us again about how bad we were in the 70's. Not only is that argument creative, it's totally relevant to your original question about your chances when you get an average QB.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And in his second year in the NFL absolutely no one knew how well Favre would do in the future. That's the point. Which obviously was over your head.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys. He is just looking for the stars to align and the Vikes to match a good QB with the beast that is AP. No different than us aching for a running back year after year. They have a guy THEY like and want to see what he can do. This guy has been posting here a long time and in my experience has been a pretty reasonable guy. No reason to jump on his back because he has hope for a young QB and his team.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys. He is just looking for the stars to align and the Vikes to match a good QB with the beast that is AP. No different than us aching for a running back year after year. They have a guy THEY like and want to see what he can do. This guy has been posting here a long time and in my experience has been a pretty reasonable guy. No reason to jump on his back because he has hope for a young QB and his team.

Oh I get that, and I'm not saying that it's inconceivable that they could get to the next level. Just think we are still, for now, definitely the better team.

As far as the rest, it's a Viking fan posting on a site called "packerforum.com." There's no need for personal insults of course, but the treatment kind of comes with the territory, don't ya think? I sure would expect it if I were posting on a Viking forum.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
But of course you have those two Lombardi's to toss around and the 13 championships, which come out whenever you have nothing better to contribute to the conversation.
Sure, what were we thinking? Of course championships aren't important to a fan of a team that's never won one, let alone the importance of having more championships than any other team in the league. (Here's a clue you may want to pass around to your fellow purple fans: Winning titles is the object of the game. In fact maybe you should FedEx that message to the organization. Or don't, it's been fun watching their futility all these decades.:D )

It's amusing you allege to be amazed at the arrogance of Packers fans. Check the mirror: Your talking smack on this forum isn't analogous to bringing a knife to a gun fight; it's analogous to bringing nothing but insults to a gun fight.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikings have a claim to a championship but have no trophy, did it really happen?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could make the argument for Tim tebow.

If Rodgers got hurt and you had to insert a back up, defenses would struggle to adjust to the style of play tebow brings without any prep time.

Now you have to weigh the circus that comes with it and you are likely to say its just not worth it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of 30 + wide receivers have done well in the NFL. Hope Jennings doesn't. Same argument applies to our draft btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts