Should the Packers sign Braylon Edwards?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Psst...Howard Green was waived on Oct 26th and the Packers picked him up the following day. Not in December. This was due to all of the injuries on the defensive line last year. Tell Howard Green "hi".
October, December - hey, were all friends here. And what's a few weeks between friends? It was late October after all.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For once I would love it if we didn't have to suffer yet another moronic "Should the Pack sign this guy?" post every time someone gets cut from some other team. Really wish people would think before posting.

Edwards earned the nickname "Stonehands" for a reason, and it's not because he makes plays. If he were any kind of talent, the Niners would have kept him for their playoff run. Hell, the Browns and Jets would have kept him too. So no, the Packers should never consider this guy unless there's absolutely no other options because we wound up with our top 4 wideouts on IR.

TomDac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the season is past half way, I don't want any pick ups. This is a team and a family that has gone to war together for 15 weeks - and has a great shot at winning another Superbowl. A street free agent isn't going to contribute to the team's success, especially at receiver, so no need in bringing anyone in. Silly thread.

Andre Rison was a mid-season acquisition for us in 1996 and he played a pretty substantial role in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

I don't think we need anyone else. Jordy, jones and DD can and will step it up if Jennings isn't 100%.

They just have to NOT drop the passes thrown to them.

ParLawGod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only upside I can see to signing Edwards is that he could give the team some insight (if the Packers were to play the 49ers). The defensive staff and Edwards would probably have a good discussion. I wouldn't see him getting any playing time though...

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not crazy about guys like that.

Am I the only one who was a bit concerned that Finley said the playoffs are "where stars are made" after the Bears game? Maybe I misinterpreted his intent, or something was cut off in the audio/video that would make it sound less like he wants a chance to be a star, rather than a chance to help this team win another Super Bowl.

I don't dislike Finley. I'm very glad he's there and healthy this year. I just wish he would concern himself with the right things. Maybe I'm being too ******* him, but if he wants to be a "star", he needs to stop wanting to be a "star", imo.
I agree, just catch the ball!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts