Should the Packers sign Braylon Edwards?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was just released by the 49ers. We dont know how Greg Jennings will react after his injury and Braylon is a big, fast, athletic WR. Plus as the Packers have shown, you can never have too many targets.

Reaction score
The 49ers wouldn't release him without a good reason when they have only 3 receivers on the roster (2 injured).

They are down to
1. Crabtree
2. Swain
Yes, Brett Swain that was with us. Braylon must have some sort of problem with that injured knee he has.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(face palm) saw this thread on other teams forums, didnt think it would land on here.

He couldnt beat out any of our WRs. We dont need to beat the Lions. Jennings will be back after that. Not seeing the need for Edwards. Unless he wants to play defense

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
um...recievers are the one area where we DON'T have a need...whats next, asking if we should pray for Andrew Luck? :confused:

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
HELL NOOOOOO

Unless you want someone like Finley with an ego trip that drops passes.

Not crazy about guys like that.

Am I the only one who was a bit concerned that Finley said the playoffs are "where stars are made" after the Bears game? Maybe I misinterpreted his intent, or something was cut off in the audio/video that would make it sound less like he wants a chance to be a star, rather than a chance to help this team win another Super Bowl.

I don't dislike Finley. I'm very glad he's there and healthy this year. I just wish he would concern himself with the right things. Maybe I'm being too ******* him, but if he wants to be a "star", he needs to stop wanting to be a "star", imo.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the season is past half way, I don't want any pick ups. This is a team and a family that has gone to war together for 15 weeks - and has a great shot at winning another Superbowl. A street free agent isn't going to contribute to the team's success, especially at receiver, so no need in bringing anyone in. Silly thread.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
would be nice but at who's expense?

This. If I'm not mistaken he didn't resign with the Jets because he wanted to be paid like a #1 receiver when he's barely a #2. Plus he's coming off injury and he has stone hands. We don't need any more wideouts who can't hold onto a football. You can never have enough targets, but Braylon Edwards isn't a target I'm interested in.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the season is past half way, I don't want any pick ups. This is a team and a family that has gone to war together for 15 weeks - and has a great shot at winning another Superbowl. A street free agent isn't going to contribute to the team's success, especially at receiver, so no need in bringing anyone in. Silly thread.
Howard Green says "hi".

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I really would like to bring in someone to help on the d-line. If there is any position we need help right now, that's it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Not even going to dignify this with an answer because I was taught that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Does anybody think that we will look to sign another Howard Green for the post season?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing to bring in!!!!:rolleyes: There's no Howard Greens out there. He got released last year and was available as a consequence. Teams rarely release anyone any good. Greens release was an aberation. We are what we are. Have to play the hand we have now and hope somehow our guys get coached up and play better than they have.

Latest posts