Should The NFL Suspend Anthony Barr For The Play?

Should The NFL Suspend Barr?

• Yes, he must be given a harsher punishment than Trevathan for the league to have any integrity

• No, Goodell is too chickensh.t and stupid to do it

• No because it was a legal hit

• The hit was OK, just late

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a world we live in where it's perfectly fine and dandy for those in certain sports who can get away with this but if you or I did this anywhere in public we would get arrested and spend time in jail and get in real trouble over hurting another guy.
Strange how hurting someone in one place is legal (Football, boxing, MMA etc.) and hurting others (At home, in a bar, or being a fan in the same stadium) is not.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take Packer report over an article from an ex-Vikings lawyer any day of the week. ;)
And I'll take Barr's words over any BS speculation and guesses.
If he says he doesn't play dirty and didn't intend to hurt Rogers, that is good enough for me.
Is he lying? Only Barr knows and he won't say.
But all we have is his words to go on and that is that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think it`s safe to say that after a week, the NFL isn`t going to do anything about it, so we just sound like whiners now. We need to get over it. Sorry but it is what it is. Barr will not get a great welcome when we next see him, and I can only imagine the reaction if we ever considered signing him to a contract.

Cvikes80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they called the exact same hit on Brady in the Falcons game a penalty...
Brady's had helmet to helmet contact tho. He also had completely stopped and threw the ball. The only thing they had in common was they were outside the hash.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'll take Barr's words over any BS speculation and guesses.
If he says he doesn't play dirty and didn't intend to hurt Rogers, that is good enough for me.
Is he lying? Only Barr knows and he won't say.
But all we have is his words to go on and that is that.

This is why I said I'd take Rodgers words over his when he cussed him out on the sideline.

But at this point, glad that Barr at least got a fine even if for a play later. Like I said, MM just needs to take the gloves off against the Vikings next year and let Rodgers run a no huddle run the score up offense on them all game long with no letup.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This is why I said I'd take Rodgers words over his when he cussed him out on the sideline.

Do you think Aaron, having been injured would have said "Hey guy, that was a great hit" ? unless we sit Barr down and use torture or truth serum what his actual intention was, we`ll NEVER know.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But at this point, glad that Barr at least got a fine even if for a play later. Like I said, MM just needs to take the gloves off against the Vikings next year and let Rodgers run a no huddle run the score up offense on them all game long with no letup.
That is a nice dream and it will unfortunately probably just stay that way.
MM really needs to be more aggressive and it just doesn't seem to be his style.
With the press? Yeah. On the field? Not so much.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a nice dream and it will unfortunately probably just stay that way.
MM really needs to be more aggressive and it just doesn't seem to be his style.
With the press? Yeah. On the field? Not so much.

No it isn't, he did this to the Bears in 2014 the year after the same incident happened with them, and there's no reason to think he won't do it again. MM is aggressive, fans just fall asleep every time he is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it isn't, he did this to the Bears in 2014 the year after the same incident happened with them, and there's no reason to think he won't do it again. MM is aggressive, fans just fall asleep every time he is.
Hindsight is 20/20 while looking forward is too dark to see.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes. Barr responds to Rodgers flurry of F-bombs and Barr is the bad guy. Tell us Aaron, just what did you say to him? Because guess what, the NFL film crew picked it up.
Barr had originally said that he couldn't understand what Rodgers was saying, then when Rodgers claimed that it was in response to Barr's gestures, he could suddenly recall everything in great detail. Sorry, I don't buy it.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes. Barr responds to Rodgers flurry of F-bombs and Barr is the bad guy. Tell us Aaron, just what did you say to him? Because guess what, the NFL film crew picked it up.

Wrong, Anthony Burfict Barr made the gestures first and elicited those words. Karma will be repaid though if he gets his leg rolled up on by a big o-lineman sometime down the road this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they don't publicly start printing jokes about his momma, tell his kids they were adopted and steal his dog and wife, then the NFL just isn't serious about player safety.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts