Should The NFL Suspend Anthony Barr For The Play?

Should The NFL Suspend Barr?

• Yes, he must be given a harsher punishment than Trevathan for the league to have any integrity

• No, Goodell is too chickensh.t and stupid to do it

• No because it was a legal hit

• The hit was OK, just late

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wrong, Anthony Burfict Barr made the gestures first and elicited those words. Karma will be repaid though if he gets his leg rolled up on by a big o-lineman sometime down the road this season.
So, according to you, as Barr is walking back to the defensive huddle, Rodgers gets up and starts walking to the sideline and Barr turns around, flips him off and Rodgers responds. Sound legit to me.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, according to you, as Barr is walking back to the defensive huddle, Rodgers gets up and starts walking to the sideline and Barr turns around, flips him off and Rodgers responds. Sound legit to me.

Something like that, but yeah, Barr was the perpetrator 100%

Reaction score
I watched both videos from several angles. While the follow through was almost identical, Clay Mathews had already launched and was literally within 3-6 inches (estimated from freezing the film)of making contact and his head had already turned down and committed into the tackle.
Anthony Barr had direct eye contact with AR as he released the ball so there’s zero doubt that he didn’t know he already threw it.
Barr was still about a full yard stick away when the ball was released and took yet another full step with direct eye contact before lowering his helmet and making the tackle knowing good and well the runner no longer was a threat.
This example only shows to me that this was way more beyond necessary than I originally thought and this was an act of poor sportsmanship at best and arguably an egregious and unnecessary follow through.
Anthony furthered that poor sportsmanship by showing absolutely ZERO compassion after the hit.
Then Barr concluded by proceeding to bicker like a child about the incident When provoked rather than being a man an apologizing for ending a player’s season after he 100% knew that he put Aaron Rodgers on the surgery table. That is not debatable either it’s a fact.
This is no longer about just a debatable late hit and far more about showing how immature some players (and some fans) are today.
ANY fan who condones insulting or harassing a player from ANY team who gets hurt during a game bad enough to go to surgery needs a serious check up from the neck up in order to resolve their deep seeded anger issues. That goes even moreso for someone who is partial because they are a fan of the perp.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a simple question here but why is it acceptable for our guys to make questionable hits, but when it happens to us, we want the player hung,drawn and quartered ?
Well Buggs I for one do NOT want him severely punished because I’m a firm believer in letting guys play ball as much as possible. At the same times Player safety has become
Although I do think this could’ve been called either way depending on the day.
I do take issue with the aftermath response or in this case reaction.
Most players are very respectable and even come over to check on one another. Anthony Barr has a right not to be compassionate or even to mock Aaron but I don’t believe that’s the appropriate way to act either that’s just my opinion. I think we’re losing the sportsmanship a little more and more in sports and losing a bit of our humanism in the process.
Anytime I see a player go down I feel for him regardless of what team he plays for. That’s someone’s Father, someone’s Brother or Uncle or Son or Husband etc..
I was surprised that after he realized he had broken his collar bone he didn’t reach out and apologize? That’s not asking too much I don’t think.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Buggs I for one do NOT want him severely punished because I’m a firm believer in letting guys play ball as much as possible. At the same times Player safety has become
Although I do think this could’ve been called either way depending on the day.
I do take issue with the aftermath response or in this case reaction.
Most players are very respectable and even come over to check on one another. Anthony Barr has a right not to be compassionate or even to mock Aaron but I don’t believe that’s the appropriate way to act either that’s just my opinion. I think we’re losing the sportsmanship a little more and more in sports and losing a bit of our humanism in the process.
Anytime I see a player go down I feel for him regardless of what team he plays for. That’s someone’s Father, someone’s Brother or Uncle or Son or Husband etc..
I was surprised that after he realized he had broken his collar bone he didn’t reach out and apologize? That’s not asking too much I don’t think.

And this is why I have no issue wishing that karma back on him or the entire Vikings team. Who cares what their fans think anyway?

Members online