Should The NFL Suspend Anthony Barr For The Play?

Should The NFL Suspend Barr?

• Yes, he must be given a harsher punishment than Trevathan for the league to have any integrity

• No, Goodell is too chickensh.t and stupid to do it

• No because it was a legal hit

• The hit was OK, just late

Results are only viewable after voting.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he did it on purpose cuz Rodgers publicly said so. When he was cussing on the sidelines he was calling Barr out for what he did. That was a late hit and Barr came at him from that angle because he knew that was how to try and dislocate a shoulder.

I say it's time for Fraudger Goodell to put some big boy pants on and actually do his job. If he doesn't, that bountygate thing will have been the biggest hoax in NFL history because not a single player got hurt in it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Barr's hit was borderline legal, there's no reason for the league to suspend him.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that was Clay hitting Keenum most of us would be defending him. It was borderline, so I agree no need to think about suspension. Also biased poll is biased.

Last edited:

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barr's hit was borderline legal, there's no reason for the league to suspend him.

I tend to agree. One of our strengths is Roger's ability to leave the pocket to extend plays. He also has a quick release. He can throw it at the last fraction of a second. All of this has helped us to win games that other teams could not win at the last few seconds of a game. It makes Aaron the most talented QB in the NFL. I think the rules allow the QB to be hit when he leaves the pocket and with a quick release, how can you expect a defender to stop coming? I think the hit was within the rules, but it was clear that the defender wanted his entire weight to be born by Rogers as they both hit the turf. That is what I object to. He was pile driven. Not the hit itself, but how it was administered by the defender.

My 2 favorite teams are the Packers and anyone who is playing the Vikings. I've always thought that they've played dirty.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that was Clay hitting Keenum most of us would be defending him. It was boarderline, so I agree no need to think about suspension. Also biased poll is biased.

Then Fraudger Goodell had better get his *** in front of a ****ing microphone right now and issue a public apology to the New Orleans Saints for the 2012 bountygate suspensions cuz they didn't do anything different than what Barr did. No players even got hurt and if you're gonna set a standard for one team, you better do it for the ****ing whole league or you're a hypocrite. **** I'm sick of people defending this piece of white trash Goodell.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, the options in that poll. :confused:

Then Fraudger Goodell had better get his *** in front of a ****ing microphone right now and issue a public apology to the New Orleans Saints for the 2012 bountygate suspensions cuz they didn't do anything different than what Barr did. No players even got hurt and if you're gonna set a standard for one team, you better do it for the ****ing whole league or you're a hypocrite. **** I'm sick of people defending this piece of white trash Goodell.

I think you should take a breather and calm down. It was a harsh tackle and maybe they'll enhance QB protection out of pocket after season ends. Nobody's defending Goddell as he's universally despised already...but blaming this on him doesn't make sense in any level. Could have happened to anyone and we're just plain unlucky here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Barr will get a letter and a fine. Teams will be reminded of

1. 1-Step Rule. Pass rushers are responsible for being aware of the position of the ball in passing situations. If a pass rusher clearly should have known that the ball had already left the passer's hand before contact was made, unnecessary roughness will be called. The Referee will use the release of the ball from the passer's hand as his guideline that the passer is now fully protected. Once a pass has been released by a passer, a rushing defender may make direct contact with the passer only up through the rusher's first step after such release (prior to second step hitting the ground); thereafter the rusher must be making an attempt to avoid contact and must not continue to "drive through" or otherwise forcibly contact the passer. Incidental or inadvertent contact by a player who is easing up or being blocked into the passer will not be considered significant.

2. Stuffing the Passer. A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as "stuffing" a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for above. When tackling a passer who is in a virtually defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up or cradle the passer with the defensive player's arms.

From nfl.com

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I viewed it as a 50/50 hit.

Should have been flagged, but hardly deserves a suspension. Bad luck on the part of the Packers that he landed in the perfect spot for that injury. There are plenty of more aggressive hits that have 1. not been flagged and 2. not warranted a suspension.

I didn't like the hit at all, but at this point, all we can do is chalk it up as bad luck and move forward.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Plus, really, tired of people 'defending' Goodell? :laugh: He is pretty much the most universally despised man in the NFL.

I`m not objecting to the feeling, but "White Trash" is inappropriate at this moment in time.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In retrospect it looks bad, but at game speed could he really know the ball was away vs a pump fake. It's football

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't take this thread seriously. PFC you need to gain some credibility because right now I think many of us view you as the king of Hyperbole and over reaction. I understand your frustration with the situation, but your recent postings make many of us predisposed to disagree with you.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with Barr's play. Nothing. The most that I see is that he turned down into Rodgers, which EVERY pass rusher does when they have a chance to hit the QB like that. Rodgers was a runner as much of a passer that far out on the edge. I don't think that the hit was late or egregious.

I would be surprised if Barr got fined. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL looked at the QB protection rules more, but don't think there is much meat left on the bone. They could make QBs illegal to hit period, but I'm not in favor of it.

I also didn't vote because the poll appears to be written by a teenager.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with Barr's play. Nothing. The most that I see is that he turned down into Rodgers, which EVERY pass rusher does when they have a chance to hit the QB like that. Rodgers was a runner as much of a passer that far out on the edge. I don't think that the hit was late or egregious.

I would be surprised if Barr got fined. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL looked at the QB protection rules more, but don't think there is much meat left on the bone. They could make QBs illegal to hit period, but I'm not in favor of it.

I also didn't vote because the poll appears to be written by a teenager.

Then you just proved my point then that bountygate is a nothing burger. Goodell had better issue a public apology to Sean Payton and Gregg Williams and the players he suspended for nothing. Cuz this is exactly what they did and Goodell was playing righteous judge in it. Well I guess it turns out he created a phony scandal as usual.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Only thing bush league that came out of that hit was the Viking fans cheering that Rodgers got hurt. Classless....really classless.

But Barr did what every player does in that situation, he tries to tackle a very good QB. Nothing overtly wrong with the hit/tackle. Yeah, it sucks that AR was probably lost for the season, but if that makes you want to start whining about Barr's hit, than you really shouldn't be watching the game of football.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only thing bush league that came out of that hit was the Viking fans cheering that Rodgers got hurt. Classless....really classless.

But Barr did what every player does in that situation, he tries to tackle a very good QB. Nothing overtly wrong with the hit/tackle. Yeah, it sucks that AR was probably lost for the season, but if that makes you want to start whining about Barr's hit, than you really shouldn't be watching the game of football.

Tell that to the jokers who complained about the hits Favre took in the 2009 NFCCG and praised the league for the 2012 suspensions issued. Not a shred of difference in these situations.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Tell that to the jokers who complained about the hits Favre took in the 2009 NFCCG and praised the league for the 2012 suspensions issued. Not a shred of difference in these situations.

You are actually THE FIRST person I have seen call this out as a hit deserving suspension. It's been reviewed over and over and believe it or not, most think it was a legal hit. I know you don't accept that and I am not going to try and convince you that you need to.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus, really, tired of people 'defending' Goodell? :laugh: He is pretty much the most universally despised man in the NFL.
I must be an outlier from “universal” then. Just off the top, I can’t tell you who I despise the most but it would certainly not be Goodell. Possibly Burfict? Is he still in the league?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are actually THE FIRST person I have seen call this out as a hit deserving suspension. It's been reviewed over and over and believe it or not, most think it was a legal hit. I know you don't accept that and I am not going to try and convince you that you need to.

The reason I say it does is because there's been precedent for it. That's what the whole 2012 bountygate suspensions were about. And I'm calling the league and specifically Goodell out that they set a standard and they should follow up with it.

You think I won't be convinced? I'm daring anyone. I am double triple daring anyone to say what's different from Bart's hit and bountygate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts