1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Second Half Trouble!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TheDreamDoctor, Sep 8, 2011.

1. TheDreamDoctor

TheDreamDoctor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    We always make games interesting by dominating the first half then flutter in the second! Why do you do this to me I do not want to die young! DOMINATE THE WHOLE GAME! please :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    They didnt have a ton of off season work to get in shape..That is what I think happened

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheDreamDoctor

TheDreamDoctor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    we did this last season too my heart! It cant take it

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I noticed it last season too but the thing is we won this game so I don't even remember it as much in the long run. I can live with the near heart attacks as long as they win and make me happy to be alive to see it!

I think, LTF has a good point. They may not be up to 100% shape yet and after playing lights out in the first, may of just lost some steam by the second. But still, I want to emphasize, the second half in and of itself was awesome, just a shade less than the first as many may of been running out of steam.

5. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm willing to guess. I think it's more a matter of the score. If the Packers were behind you'd have seen more passes. They were trying to run to eat clock. No use risking valuable assets if you don't need to. I'm not loving that kind of approach but I sure understand it. It's a long freaking season, why continue to run your best offensive players against their best defense if you don't need a score?
    It was a heart attack waiting to happen to me, but in the long run it's what the NFL is looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better game.
    No matter, my prediction for a great season for the Pack continues.