Seattle Grudge Match - Playoff Edition

Who would you rather face most in the playoffs?

• Total voters

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the season ended today, the playoff picture would have the Packers as the 3rd seed playing the Seahawks as the 6th seed. How satisfying would it be to get a rematch and opportunity to crush their playoff hopes with all the gloating that took place after "the catch"?

This would personally be my favorite playoff outcome at the end of the season, but who would you rather see the packers play first in the playoffs?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't care who they play as long as they win every playoff game. :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like to reserve judgment till it actually gets really close..Pet peeve of mine to say if playoffs end today..They dont...We have 6 more games..Come see me with 2 left

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hosting Seattle would be the easiest first game, for sure. I hate their dirty DBs, especially #39. Would love a few crock blocks on him.

But I think we can live with the 2010 season path:

@ NFC East winner
@ Atlanta
@ Whoever's left

I think our toughest foe would be San Francisco.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How satisfying would it be to get a rematch and opportunity to crush their playoff hopes with all the gloating that took place after "the catch"?
How demoralizing would it be to lose on a last-second catch again? You're all pretty confident that we'd win again? That's bold

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff scenario. Packer win is a SLAM Dunk.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How demoralizing would it be to lose on a last-second catch again? You're all pretty confident that we'd win again? That's bold

More confident than the other teams. Besides, if the Seahawks won on a last-second "catch" again, I don't think they'd make it to the airport. :D

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Seattle again because this Packers team is an emotional roller coaster. When they are fired up for a game and give 100% every down a la the Texans game there isn't a team in the league who can hang. When they face a lesser opponent they tend to play down to them. If we get the Hawks in the playoffs I would look for every single packer to have a chip on their shoulder and we all know how Rodgers plays with one of those.

I would hope that emotion and enthusiasm would be there for any playoff game but like we saw last year the team doesn't always just turn on that switch because its playoff time and it would be nice to have a little more reason to be fired up.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smacking the Giants, 49ers, Bears or the Seachickens would be like the best sex ever. Whomever, I just want to see us kick the $hit out of them and let them laying in it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
One grudge match at a time. The Pack have some unresolved issues with the Giants.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seattle game should have been an easy win. We did not run the ball in the first half but a couple times and this had us playing catch up in the 2nd half. Once we got it all figured out at half time, we rolled over them, save the counterfeit referee that jobbed us. In a rematch, expect a balanced attack on offense that will give us an easy win.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree one game at a time, but ideally I'd love another shot at the Seattle SeaTaints, just to shut those *****es up.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I like to reserve judgment till it actually gets really close..Pet peeve of mine to say if playoffs end today..They dont...We have 6 more games..Come see me with 2 left
Why, it won't be decided with 2 left. I predict the north will not be decided until the last game is played in the division.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt the Seahawks make the playoffs. Don't be shocked if the Saints make it. And if they do, they will be the team nobody wants to play.

I've been thinking that too, ever since they played at Lambeau really (even though they'd just gone 0-4). The Saints are still a good team if you ask me and their defense has improved since the start of the season.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing close to winning the Championship of 2010 was beating the Bears for the NFC Championship. I'd love to see it happen again, this time in Lambeau.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
While beating the bears with cutler at the helm is oh-so-sweet, I really want those cocky punk SeaCawks to come up to the frozen tundra and get a beat down.

* side note: Seatle DB gets suspended for violation of PED, saw that scrolling on ESPN last night.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff scenario. Packer win is a SLAM Dunk.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I believe the toughest foe for us would/will be San Francisco. Does anyone else have a different team?
Now in this above scenario, the 49ers would get a bye instead of us by a half-game.
I know we lost last year after the bye, but I still want a bye because that's automatically one game less needed to win to get to the Super Bowl. That's a fact. Plus we'd get a home game after the bye.

I'd like to make San Fran have to play that extra game.

49ers remaining schedule is tough with only 1 home game left. They are lucky they get NE missing Gronkowski. That final game at Seattle will be epic with a lot on the line. And tomorrow they get the hot Saints:

@ New Orleans
@ St Louis
Miami
@ New England
@ Seattle

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I think the bye is almost a handicap. It shouldn't be. Less injuries for sure is a big benefit.

Interestingly enough, only 2 of the last 7 Super Bowls were won by 1st round bye teams. 3 of 7 were won by Wild Card teams and 2 were won by non-bye division winners. And prior to 2010, I would contend that our best chance at winning a Super Bowl was the 2003 season where we barely squeaked in as a wild card, had a great run game, defense, and you know who was playing lights out - we could have won that year and certainly could have beat Carolina to make it there. Sherman snuffed that chance out however with his failure to go for 4th and inches against a clearly inferior team.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I think the bye is almost a handicap. It shouldn't be. Less injuries for sure is a big benefit.

Interestingly enough, only 2 of the last 7 Super Bowls were won by 1st round bye teams. 3 of 7 were won by Wild Card teams and 2 were won by non-bye division winners. And prior to 2010, I would contend that our best chance at winning a Super Bowl was the 2003 season where we barely squeaked in as a wild card, had a great run game, defense, and you know who was playing lights out - we could have won that year and certainly could have beat Carolina to make it there. Sherman snuffed that chance out however with his failure to go for 4th and inches against a clearly inferior team.
All true. But let's not forget that it came down to 4th & 26, and rookie Nick Barnett decided to chuck the TE at the LOS instead of drop back into his zone at the 15-20 yard mark.
Or that in overtime with the ball first, Favre ignored the great running game and on the first play, just threw up a skyball that was a gift, easy Int for Brian Dawkins... so easy he almost signaled for a fair catch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts