Salary Question..

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how these #'s work on a very high level basis...

Taking these #'s from overthecap.com.

Brad Jones has a pre June 1 Dead money number of $1M but a cap savings of $3.75M. So does that mean to cut him pre June 1 we would have to pay him $1M (the remaining bonus he's owed) immediately but the rest of his $4.75M ($3.75M) cap number comes off the books?

D

Deleted member 6794

Can someone explain to me how these #'s work on a very high level basis...

Taking these #'s from overthecap.com.

Brad Jones has a pre June 1 Dead money number of $1M but a cap savings of $3.75M. So does that mean to cut him pre June 1 we would have to pay him $1M (the remaining bonus he's owed) immediately but the rest of his $4.75M ($3.75M) cap number comes off the books?

The $1 million dead money cap hit is a result of the prorated $3 million signing bonus Brad Jones received when signing the contract in 2013. If the Packers decide to release him they wouldn´t have to pay him anything.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The $1 million dead money cap hit is a result of the prorated $3 million signing bonus Brad Jones received when signing the contract in 2013. If the Packers decide to release him they wouldn´t have to pay him anything.

Ok, so cutting Brad Jones basically results in a $3.75M cap savings then? We owe him nothing more and we are free and clear? Not singling him out (eventhough to me he is as good as gone) just trying to get the math down and get a rough estimate as to where we're at going into next season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok, so cutting Brad Jones basically results in a $3.75M cap savings then? We owe him nothing more and we are free and clear? Not singling him out (eventhough to me he is as good as gone) just trying to get the math down and get a rough estimate as to where we're at going into next season.

Exactly. If we cut both Jones and Hawk that would result in $7.25 million cap savings, a no brainer IMO.

Members online

Latest posts