Saints fans are insane

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The possibility of Pittsburgh/Green Bay rivalry is better than NO and GB.

Remember, the Steelers and Cowboys? That turned out to be an AWESOME rivalry in the 70's! And as it was said, it became more of "Staubach vs the Steel Curtain" rather than "Staubach vs Bradshaw" so I do believe it would be Rodgers vs the Steel Curtain. Those Super Bowls were really fun to watch, cause breaking it down, Dallas was just one mistake from beating them the first time, and the second time, if you alter a few things, the Cowboys could have beat them. That's 2 Super Bowls that could have went either way on some small plays.I don't think the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl in the 1990's was all that impressing, Dallas had to be a 10 point favorite cause everyone in their right mind knew they were going to beat the snot out of them, and in Barry Switzer style Cowboys, they really didn't put up that good of a show in prime time, it was Niel O'Donnell proving how bad he was that won them that game. Jules can tell you, that the Colts would have put a better fight up against the Cowboys in that game ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
How did I manage to get back on the Steelers topic? They are always in my head I think lmao.

I still think we might get a SB rematch this year btw.

Now lets see if the Steelers manage to get the second seed and if the Ravens blow it to the Bengals on the road........

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The possibility of Pittsburgh/Green Bay rivalry is better than NO and GB.

Remember, the Steelers and Cowboys? That turned out to be an AWESOME rivalry in the 70's! And as it was said, it became more of "Staubach vs the Steel Curtain" rather than "Staubach vs Bradshaw" so I do believe it would be Rodgers vs the Steel Curtain. Those Super Bowls were really fun to watch, cause breaking it down, Dallas was just one mistake from beating them the first time, and the second time, if you alter a few things, the Cowboys could have beat them. That's 2 Super Bowls that could have went either way on some small plays.I don't think the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl in the 1990's was all that impressing, Dallas had to be a 10 point favorite cause everyone in their right mind knew they were going to beat the snot out of them, and in Barry Switzer style Cowboys, they really didn't put up that good of a show in prime time, it was Niel O'Donnell proving how bad he was that won them that game. Jules can tell you, that the Colts would have put a better fight up against the Cowboys in that game ;)

:cry:

Even if the Steelers are the 5th seed does it matter? Good D's travel well.

BTW wouldn't it be ironic if Oakland ends up with the 4th seed and the Steelers play Palmer again in the playoffs a la 2005.:whistling:

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone hear the loud chants of MVP by the Saints fans? lol Damn it so loud inNawlins. Anyway, CONGRATS TO DREW BREES! He deserves it, he's one of my fav QB's to watch play the game today. Totally deserving so congrats to him. Also, did anyone catch the speech he gave? This is why I like this guy such a class act he thank everybody and his speech was all about how everyone helped him rather than himself. It's nice to see!!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
:cry:

Even if the Steelers are the 5th seed does it matter? Good D's travel well.

BTW wouldn't it be ironic if Oakland ends up with the 4th seed and the Steelers play Palmer again in the playoffs a la 2005.:whistling:

Oh lord, that's the blame on his career too. They'd probably really end him him. I never have watched the Bengals enough to say that he was better or worse before that playoff injuries, but I do know from stats, I have never been that impressed by his interception number.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Did anyone hear the loud chants of MVP by the Saints fans? lol Damn it so loud inNawlins. Anyway, CONGRATS TO DREW BREES! He deserves it, he's one of my fav QB's to watch play the game today. Totally deserving so congrats to him. Also, did anyone catch the speech he gave? This is why I like this guy such a class act he thank everybody and his speech was all about how everyone helped him rather than himself. It's nice to see!!

and that is why the people of the Gulf Coast love him...As a role model, you can't get a better guy. Brees isn't just a great quarterback, but a person off the field, he's one of the most likable guys you'll ever come across. When he did his book signing tour a few years back and came to Alabama, I think that's what won his vote of love from people that still doubted him around here lol.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:(

I saw that before the SB even. I lurked at a Steelers forum and some of them wanted to "accidently concuss" Aaron early in the game.:(

And look at how many Packers fans despise the Steelers too. I already did despise the Steelers so it's natural to me. And you don't have to hope Ben gets hurt. He just will. He always hurts something every two weeks.

I do love me an elite offense vs. elite defense rivalry though.....

Hey, I don't hate the Steelers. I just hate the ignorant fans who believe that 9 of our 13 championships don't count because we earned them before the merger, despite the fact that Pittsburgh not only played, but played and sucked, in the NFL from 1933 to 1972. Along with the fans who beat their chests about their defense and how the Packers would get destroyed by their "Steeler Football" style. Also the ones who hope Rodgers gets concussed. And James Harrison. And Hines Ward. And Rashard Mendenhall who thought it was terrible to celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden. And the fact that somehow, in big games Pittsburgh plays in, there's always bizarre calls that go their way (See Super Bowl XL, Super Bowl XLV, and the 1979 NFC Championship with the Renfro catch).

Other than that, they're fine.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Otto Graham is 1? fair enough. Starr 2? Montana 3? Hard to argue with that.
Drew Brees is good but the Saints fans should give him a few more years before declaring he is the greatest ever.
Same thing for us and Aaron.
Best year, but best of all time?
Too early to tell but man, I would love to call him that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't always judge based on championships. What if worse comes to worse this year and the Packers don't win the SB? Are you going to hold that against Aaron Rodgers even though the fault might lie on the D or O-line? It takes a team to win a championship, most of the time. But lets use Luck as an example here because he is relevant. Say Luck gets drafted to the Colts, and the rest of the Colts still suck (sorry Jules, just an example): no receiving corps for Luck to throw the ball to, deplorable pass protection, terrible D... Luck could be one of the greatest QBs in the league never to win a championship. But I personally would recognize his skills, despite his team and despite his lack of championships. Us Packers fans are spoiled when it comes to having 13 championships to be able to throw that around. I don't think you can fully account a QBs rating based on championships, it's a bit unfair as sometimes a QB with no championships at all was a greater QB than one with one or several.
Your right that it is a team sport.
However if the QB is a bad passer, they won't win and get to play in the SB.
It would be unbelievable amazing if Tim Tbag got himself and the Broncos into the SB this year.
(The only way they will get in is with tickets.)
Even though everyone and their Aunt Martha loves Dan Marino, I ignore him because he didn't win a Super Bowl.
To me, it is championship wins that are more important than records.
We all have our own perspectives on the situation.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Brees... he has always seemed like one of the classiest players on the field.

I am wondering though, if somehow flex scheduling changed it so that Saints play a later game... would they (Saints) play Brees next week if 49ers lose and Saints clinch 2nd seed (although history is showing that Sean Payton is willing to play his stars all the way through 4th quarter even in blowouts)?

With Brady only 190 yards behind Brees right now, Brady could easily pass Brees for the record.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What makes Marino's 49 TD's/5,000 passing yards record so spectacular is he did it back in the days the quarterback got treated like a regular player, and also the quarterback couldn't throw out of bounds, you had to force it (that's why interception numbers are much higher back then).

Where'd you get that information? You could always throw the ball out of bounds. You just had to make you threw it in the general direction of a receiver, just like today.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is interesting but I don't put anything on it. Not too long ago no team that ended the season w/ 3 straight loses- went on to win the Super Bowl and the Saints did just that. Not to mention the Tampa Bay curse that also failed that year. It's interesting but eh, things are meant to change just like records are meant to be broken.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Brees... he has always seemed like one of the classiest players on the field.

I am wondering though, if somehow flex scheduling changed it so that Saints play a later game... would they (Saints) play Brees next week if 49ers lose and Saints clinch 2nd seed (although history is showing that Sean Payton is willing to play his stars all the way through 4th quarter even in blowouts)?

With Brady only 190 yards behind Brees right now, Brady could easily pass Brees for the record.

I'm wondering the same thing. I doubt the game will be moved to a later time. I read that had the Saint lost they would moved the game to the later time slot. I'm sure Brees will play at least the first half. Not sure. It all depends on what happens with Frisco. I mean they are playing the Rams but you never know the Rams did beat the Saints so anything can happen. But even if the 9ers blow out the Rams, something tells me Payton will keep Drew in the game at least the first half. Will have to wait and see who will end up holding the passing record on Sunday... Brees or Brady??

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing. I doubt the game will be moved to a later time. I read that had the Saint lost they would moved the game to the later time slot. I'm sure Brees will play at least the first half. Not sure. It all depends on what happens with Frisco. I mean they are playing the Rams but you never know the Rams did beat the Saints so anything can happen. But even if the 9ers blow out the Rams, something tells me Payton will keep Drew in the game at least the first half. Will have to wait and see who will end up holding the passing record on Sunday... Brees or Brady??

It's going to be entertaining to see both teams maybe run up the score.
"Brady: Coach I am only 50 yards away, I know we are up by 40 but please let me keep passing."
Bill: "Absolutely Tom. Keep throwing on 4th down too."
Tom: "Sure thing coach."

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Packers fans ever mock the team by wearing paper bags over their heads in the 70's and 80's?
If not, then that right there proves which fans are better.
Packer fans would NEVER have put paper bags over our heads! Throughout the 70s and 80s, Packer fans behaved as we always have - filling the stadium, wearing green and gold (and not just on game days) and staying until the bitter end of the game. We cheered just as loudly and were thrilled with any and every good play (and they were few and far between.) A real Packer fan behaves this way in both the best and the worst of seasons. In my opinion, Packer fans are the classiest, too, as we don't give other teams' fans a hard time when at Lambeau (or anywhere else) and we don't boo.

Anyone who behaves differently from this highlights themselves as newcomers to Packer Nation.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans would NEVER have put paper bags over our heads! Throughout the 70s and 80s, Packer fans behaved as we always have - filling the stadium, wearing green and gold (and not just on game days) and staying until the bitter end of the game. We cheered just as loudly and were thrilled with any and every good play (and they were few and far between.) A real Packer fan behaves this way in both the best and the worst of seasons. In my opinion, Packer fans are the classiest, too, as we don't give other teams' fans a hard time when at Lambeau (or anywhere else) and we don't boo.

Anyone who behaves differently from this highlights themselves as newcomers to Packer Nation.

You're wrong, RAIDERS are the classiest fans ever!! J/K LOL They scare me the most and I've been to Raiders games in Oakland they advise you if you are rooting for the opposite team to only wear those teams jerseys/etc during the game and take them off before leaving the stadium! OMG, the fights I saw in the parking lot! YIKES!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

To be fair I do sympathize with Saints fans unlike Green Bay who has had Super Bowl Championships, I mean they won the first ever super bowl. The Saints for over 40 years had not even been to the Super Bowl. They never won a playoff game until like 2000. They were consider a laughing stock in the league.. the BIG EASY... EASY WIN! So I can understand their frustrations b/c my fav NBA team have never been to the finals =( (thank god for football).

Just b/c Packers fans definitely know how to tailgate...

=)

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're wrong, RAIDERS are the classiest fans ever!! J/K LOL They scare me the most and I've been to Raiders games in Oakland they advise you if you are rooting for the opposite team to only wear those teams jerseys/etc during the game and take them off before leaving the stadium! OMG, the fights I saw in the parking lot! YIKES!!

To be fair I do sympathize with Saints fans unlike Green Bay who has had Super Bowl Championships, I mean they won the first ever super bowl. The Saints for over 40 years had not even been to the Super Bowl. They never won a playoff game until like 2000. They were consider a laughing stock in the league.. the BIG EASY... EASY WIN! So I can understand their frustrations b/c my fav NBA team have never been to the finals =( (thank god for football).

Just b/c Packers fans definitely know how to tailgate...

=)
Wasn't tailgating invented at Lambeau? I just don't remember it happening anywhere else when Packer fans were already doing that. I certainly could be wrong, but it seems that way to me, and I can remember back into the 60's...

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I don't hate the Steelers. I just hate the ignorant fans who believe that 9 of our 13 championships don't count because we earned them before the merger, despite the fact that Pittsburgh not only played, but played and sucked, in the NFL from 1933 to 1972. Along with the fans who beat their chests about their defense and how the Packers would get destroyed by their "Steeler Football" style. Also the ones who hope Rodgers gets concussed. And James Harrison. And Hines Ward. And Rashard Mendenhall who thought it was terrible to celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden. And the fact that somehow, in big games Pittsburgh plays in, there's always bizarre calls that go their way (See Super Bowl XL, Super Bowl XLV, and the 1979 NFC Championship with the Renfro catch).

Other than that, they're fine.
I can't stand the Steelers either - or the Cowboys - or the Viqueens...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

You know pundits will be writing this in the papers this week. And you also know Rodgers always uses that stuff as motivation. So go ahead and let the press say Brees is the MVP and Harbaugh the Coach of the Year. They'll light a fire under Aaron for the rest of the play offs. As long as Aaron and Mike get another ring this year, the other guys can have the kudos.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Otto Graham is historic, but AAFC championships don't count. He only won 3 NFL championships. ;)

You should reread the quote I quoted. He said championships.

Otto Graham went to a championship game every year he played pro football, winning 7 of the 10 championships. Not sure what more you could ask for if you weigh heavily on championships.

Members online