Saints fans are insane

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, the AAFC was a separate (and rival) league from the NFL. That's why I teased it didn't count. Graham was apparently great. If it was just championships, period, regardless of league, then we have to open Pandora's box.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
and that is why the people of the Gulf Coast love him...As a role model, you can't get a better guy. Brees isn't just a great quarterback, but a person off the field, he's one of the most likable guys you'll ever come across. When he did his book signing tour a few years back and came to Alabama, I think that's what won his vote of love from people that still doubted him around here lol.

Dude, you are right. The guy STILL has a huge following in San Diego. I've seen about 10 cars/trucks with Chargers lightning bolts all over that had congrats Drew Brees, Cool Brees, We miss the San Diego Brees, etc. He and his wife did ALOT of work for the boys and girls club of San Diego. He still lives in Del Mar (north county San Diego) in the offseason. He part of the "Del Mar QB club" (QB's that live in the area) that includes: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers.

http://www.bubbleinfo.com/2011/02/20/sports-celebrities-in-north-county/

fahad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think there is any wrong with thinking that you got the best QB in the game. I think when you root for your team, you kind fall in love with the players and think they are the best ever. Brees is an excellent and great QB and he is the best QB in the saints franchise history. So when we fall in love in Brees, Please do not blame us. The saints used to lose in the past and was not very successful team in the past, when brees and S. Payton came to the saints and turned the team all around to be one of the best team in the NFL. Yes we are very thankful to have both of them with our team.
Please do not blame us for enjoying our moment and we as saints fans always wish you and your team GB all the best.
good luck and wish to meet you in the NFC championship game. That would be an excellent and entertaining game regardless who win the game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let them be happy with an MVP award for brees.
We will be happy with another championship.
Spot on.
If Brees got the MVP and then the Packers went on to win the SB after beating the Saints to get there, Brees and the MVP will be forgotten about by then.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Dude, you are right. The guy STILL has a huge following in San Diego. I've seen about 10 cars/trucks with Chargers lightning bolts all over that had congrats Drew Brees, Cool Brees, We miss the San Diego Brees, etc. He and his wife did ALOT of work for the boys and girls club of San Diego. He still lives in Del Mar (north county San Diego) in the offseason. He part of the "Del Mar QB club" (QB's that live in the area) that includes: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers.

http://www.bubbleinfo.com/2011/02/20/sports-celebrities-in-north-county/

Wow I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. I knew he was loved everywhere in the Gulf Coast's major cities (Biloxi MISS, Mobile AL, Pensacoula FL) but I had no idea the Charger fans still loved him, he's a class act, don't think I can blame them!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think there is any wrong with thinking that you got the best QB in the game. I think when you root for your team, you kind fall in love with the players and think they are the best ever. Brees is an excellent and great QB and he is the best QB in the saints franchise history. So when we fall in love in Brees, Please do not blame us. The saints used to lose in the past and was not very successful team in the past, when brees and S. Payton came to the saints and turned the team all around to be one of the best team in the NFL. Yes we are very thankful to have both of them with our team.
Please do not blame us for enjoying our moment and we as saints fans always wish you and your team GB all the best.
good luck and wish to meet you in the NFC championship game. That would be an excellent and entertaining game regardless who win the game.

What you say is fine. I only wish the majority of Saints fans posting on their forums were half as gracious, but they're not. The crap that is being written about Rodgers basically to put his accomplishments down using any lame excuse has reached epic proportions, whether it's the "system QB" nonsense, or Flynn's game, or Rodgers being sacked more than Brees. I'm still baffled as to how number of sacks makes Rodgers a less good, less valuable QB than Brees. . . it means that Rodgers gets less pass protection yet he has still put up incredible numbers no? I hate to say it, but the disrespect for Rodgers and the Packers overall is snowballing on the Saints forums that I have read. Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reaction score
While Brees is okay, I have a strong dislike for the New Orleans Saints. I am one of the few people that believes the Lions are going to go into New Orleans and beat them as long as they keep their composure (and that's a big IF).

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Brees is okay, I have a strong dislike for the New Orleans Saints. I am one of the few people that believes the Lions are going to go into New Orleans and beat them as long as they keep their composure (and that's a big IF).

Drew Brees will light up the Lions, but the Saints lose the following week in San Francisco. I've called it all along, S.F. will travel to Lambeau for the NFC Champ. game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you say is fine. I only wish the majority of Saints fans posting on their forums were half as gracious, but they're not. The crap that is being written about Rodgers basically to put his accomplishments down using any lame excuse has reached epic proportions, whether it's the "system QB" nonsense, or Flynn's game, or Rodgers being sacked more than Brees. I'm still baffled as to how number of sacks makes Rodgers a less good, less valuable QB than Brees. . . it means that Rodgers gets less pass protection yet he has still put up incredible numbers no? I hate to say it, but the disrespect for Rodgers and the Packers overall is snowballing on the Saints forums that I have read. Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Yup.
Agreed.
I dunno why the Saints fans all act cocky thinking they are the best team to ever play in the NFL of all time.
13<1

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This MVP talk is for the dang birds... I mean really, who cares... Let Brees have it! Lets just win the damn superbowl!!
I'll be pleased as punch if A-Rod gets MVP but I'll be more happier with another SB win.

Actually I sorta hope that Brees gets MVP because that will put that chip on A-Rod's shoulder and inspire him to play better.
(Like he needs more motivation. LOL)

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont blame Saints fans for "falling in love" with Brees. I blame them ignoring things like qb rating, total td's, wins, head to head wins, mobility, yards per completion, and so on. You do realize that Marino set his record when you could just blind side a reciever without the worry of a flag right? You do realize that Brady and Stafford both threw for over 5,ooo yards this year as well? Manning was only 67 yards from that feet as well. I could see why one would argue that Brees is MVP, but when I clicked a few links to the Saints fan's forum, I was floored by the absolute absurdity in even considering Rodgers for the MVP, it was almost cult like.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Well, I don't expect Stafford will throw for over 500 yards there. But if he does, the Saints know now you can still beat them anyways.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think any fan base from any team are going to be bias about their team and defensive when other folks don't think the way they do. Packers fans are no exception. I read many threads about Drew Brees is average etc and cannot even entertain the thought that he also had a good season at QB and perhaps deserves some votes. Or posts saying that Rodgers is the greatest QB ever; or posts about how the Packers are invisible and no one can beat them etc.

Every fan base is this way, Pats, Colts, Falcons, Bears, Pittsburgh, etc.

As far as the Lions chances - they are good; Suh will be back and Stafford can also light it up. We'll have to wait and see!!

Boutte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we are insane. If you've ever been in the Dome for a big game there'd be no doubt in your mind.

As far as the MVP discussion goes I could care less. It's just the opinion of 50 fat blowhards anyway. I guess it would look good on Drew's HOF resume' though.

I registered here specifically to join in this discussion. And just for the record it's nice to see that there are still some classy fan boards around. It's pretty sad to see some of the things that I hear when I visit other boards. (Still get Katrina jokes and people making derogatory remarks our SB season, being called *******, hick etc..)

Also, glad to see people in other cities recognizing what a class act Drew Brees is. We love this guy not just because of what he's done for our team but because of who he is and what kind of man he is.

But let's not discount what he does on the field. No QB has ever done what Brees has done over a six year period. If you're a stats person look it up. It's amazing.) I'm an old dog. Unlike a lot of the posters here (or anywhere else for that matter) I vividly remember watching Starr, Taylor, Willie Woods and all the great players from the Lombardi years. In my opinion those were the best teams to ever play in the NFL. i was a Colts fan so hated those guys but you have to give credit where it's due. I also remember Marino, Unitas, Tarkenton, Staubach and that **** Montana. Call me a homer if you want but Brees is absolutely as good as any QB I've ever watched. Rodgers is having a great season, maybe one of the greatest, I expect that in a few years he'll be in the discussion as one of the best ever but it takes more than one or two seasons to qualify.

Stats aren't the be all that a lot of people seem to think they are but they do tell a story. Here are a few of Drew's,
NFL INDIVIDUAL RECORDS SET
  • Passing yards, season: Drew Brees, 5,467 (beats Marino)
  • Seasons, 400 completions: Brees, 4, 2007-2008, 2010-2011.
  • 300-yard passing games, season: Brees, 13. (beats Ganon)
  • 350-yard passing games, season: Brees, 8.
  • Games with 30 completions, season: Brees, 9.
  • Consecutive games, 20 or more completions: Brees, 36.
  • Consecutive seasons, 350 completions: Brees, 6, 2006-2011
  • Games with 20 completions, season: Brees, 16. (ties his own record)
  • Highest completion percentage, season: Brees, (468/657) 71.23% (beats his old record)
  • Completions, season: Brees, 468. (beats Manning)
  • Consecutive games, 300 or more yards passing: Brees, 7. (beats Young,Warner,Gannon)
  • Number of seasons throwing over 5,000 yards: Brees 2 (2008 and 2011)
NFL TEAM RECORDS SET
  • Yards gained, season: 7,474. (beats St. Louis, 2000)
  • First downs, season: 417. (beats Kansas City, 2004)
  • First downs passing, season: 280. (beats San Diego, 1985)
  • Passing completions, season: 472. (beats Indianapolis, New Orleans, 2010)
  • Net passing yards gained, season: 5,347 (beats St. Louis, 2000)
  • Completion percentage, season: 71.3% (482/662). (beats Cincinnati, 1982)
  • Most points scored at home: 329
  • 3rd down conversion: 56.7% (this to me is the most over looked)
The one that hurts him is the ints. He has a tendency to try to force it when there's nothing there rather than just take the sack. On the other hand some of his best plays happen when he forces it. Marques Colston has made a career out of catching the ball with three guys hanging all over him. Rodgers will just run for the first in that situation. He's really good at it. But I'd rather see Drew throw a pick 6 than see him get busted up.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boutte: I don't think you'll find anyone on this board that thinks that Drew is anything but a truly great QB unless they're *really* homers to the Nth degree. All this MVP debate is muddying the waters IMO because the discussions have gone off into outer space--I don't recognize who it is they're talking about anymore, Rodgers or Brees.

Some of your contrasts seem right--Rodgers has more mobility which makes him run when he sees that the coverage is too good whereas Brees will still throw it. Brees is a likeable guy and being insane ain't so bad, but geez, enough of the Rodgers is overrated, Rodgers is nothing but a system QB crap...(WTF is a "system QB" anyways?)

Boutte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more ExPat. I'll tell you what a system QB is, anybody who plays the position successfully. Brees is the ultimate system QB. Hey, it's great system!

I think Drew has the mobility to run it but when you're smaller than 95% of the guys on the field it's just not a good idea.

Members online

Latest posts