Saints fans are insane

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. What do you expect from Saints fans? They are loyal to their QB like Packers fans are of Rodgers. I'm sure if Saints fans saw a the thread that said that the MVP raise is nowhere near close and Brees hasn't done much... etc They would think Packers fans are crazy.

I find humor in it all!But I would I also take Brees over Brady and Manning.

except its not just fans saying it. Its Peter king, its SI, its ESPN, and articles like this http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_5080_Rodgers_in_2011:_G.O.A.T._in_any_sport?.html

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
except its not just fans saying it. Its Peter king, its SI, its ESPN, and articles like this http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_5080_Rodgers_in_2011:_G.O.A.T._in_any_sport?.html

Notice how those guys seem to favor the flavor of the month with QBs? They got on Cam Newton in the beginning of the season, they were riding the Tebow Train to heaven, they even got on Eli Manning for a little while. Now they got Brees, I'm not saying Brees doesn't deserve it, I'm just saying fans are going to be loyal to their team but King, SI and ESPN guys are very fickle.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yes they are. When you hear the same song over and over again, "When the Saints go Marching in" and DON'T get sick of it.....you are insane.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees wasn't necessarily snubbed. Peyton had the #32 rushing offense so pretty much everything fell on his shoulders to lead the team to the Superbowl. Saints had #6 rushing offense to help Brees. Like someone said more to MVP than pure stats.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Brees wasn't necessarily snubbed. Peyton had the #32 rushing offense so pretty much everything fell on his shoulders to lead the team to the Superbowl. Saints had #6 rushing offense to help Brees. Like someone said more to MVP than pure stats.

Thank GOD someone mentioned this. Our run game was HORRIBLE. And Marvin Harrison was cut. And lets not forget replacing the great Tony Dungy that season and Caldwell is no Dungy. Many called us doomed in the offseason but Peyton led the team well in a "transition" year. Not saying Brees also could not have won it but I don't think the voting was close. Lots of comebacks that year and issues that were glossed over by the passing game. The Colts D might have been statistically better then the Saints but nothing dramatic to me.

MVP is not just stats ALL the time.

Besides, I would take the SB win any day over regular season MVP.

I also don't think there is a big debate. I don't see how it's NOT Rodgers this year.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Drew Brees for breaking Dan Marino's record that stood for 27 years. He has thrown for 440 yds more then Rodgers with 122 more Pass Attempts and 5 less TD's.
This record may not last long with the way the NFL has changed.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I will say this, I think Saints fans are a little more appreciative than Packer fans. 13-0 in 2009 and they lost to Dallas, and most I know were saying "Well, we got man handled, at least we're 13-0, it's ok", the only ones that acted crazy and wanted to point fingers were band wagon fans that were no where to be seen when they had winning seasons in the 90's. When the Packers lose after starting 13-0, it's "OMG how can we lose to KC!?" as if going undefeated became a full demand from the fans. This is why I was a bit sore when we lost and everyone wanted to blame McCarthy, and so on. We're 14-1 with the 31st ranked defense, you gotta be a little more appreciative than to throw everyone under the bus and act like the world is coming to an end. I learned appreciation dealing with that stuff from folks in same house for 18 years.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I really don't want this to get into a Peyton/Brees 2009 debate though either. I really don't. Peyton is not even playing this year and is not part of any current debates. But, lets never forget that the 2009 Colts had running lanes that only mice could fit through. ;)

Yes Brees broke the record tonight and congrats to him. I think the Saints will be going into the playoffs as more favored then Green Bay by many. I don't think Brees is lacking any media love either. I think he gets plenty. I actually think Brady is getting snubbed a lot this year in regards to what he means to this Pats team.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I really don't want this to get into a Peyton/Brees 2009 debate though either. I really don't. Peyton is not even playing this year and is not part of any current debates. But, lets never forget that the 2009 Colts had running lanes that only mice could fit through. ;)

Yes Brees broke the record tonight and congrats to him. I think the Saints will be going into the playoffs as more favored then Green Bay by many. I don't think Brees is lacking any media love either. I think he gets plenty. I actually think Brady is getting snubbed a lot this year in regards to what he means to this Pats team.

LOL I respect your opinion. Brees got what he deserves playing hard.

That's probably cause everyone thinks the Pats will be one and done lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
LOL I respect your opinion. Brees got what he deserves playing hard.

That's probably cause everyone thinks the Pats will be one and done lol

The NFC is certainly the hotter conference right now thats for sure. Most want to see Rodgers vs. Brees now in the postseason.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The NFC is certainly the hotter conference right now thats for sure. Most want to see Rodgers vs. Brees now in the postseason.

Brees and Rodgers could be the next Manning and Brady.

If you think about it, the league needs a new rivalry to replace them, and that's probably the hottest one right now.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say that Brady or Brees deserve the MVP more than Rodgers doesn't compute in my book. It's not just the stats (Rodgers has several critical stats where he is #1 by a lot), it's the idea of who is most valuable to his team. If Brees wins it, fine. He's had a great season. But to say that Brees deserves it MORE than Rodgers? No way.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but Green Bay almost always seems to go into the playoffs with little hype and few expectations. I mean, last year we weren't even supposed to be there and we all know what happened. I like that we're not favored as heavily as other teams because I don't think the Packers play their best football when they have all that pressure.

Brees seems like a class act; good on him.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Brees and Rodgers could be the next Manning and Brady.

If you think about it, the league needs a new rivalry to replace them, and that's probably the hottest one right now.

Could be. How old is Brees anyway? I know Aaron just turned 28. Brees is older then I think I believe.

Problem is Brady/Manning are a year apart in age. It just fit so well too. It was a flawless QB rivalry really for many years. I saw some of the games in person and am pretty lucky. I don't know if it continues though.....we'll see. Best thing I read was when Brady and Peyton first met. I think it was in 2001. Peyton went up to Tom before a game and said "Hi I am Peyton Manning." Brady said, "No chit." lmao.

Thats why I have said before that if we get another Packers/Steelers SB in the next year or two the media may hype up Rodgers/Ben due to age closeness. Ben is not elite no but they could build a SB rivalry on it if they both get back again.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Could be. How old is Brees anyway? I know Aaron just turned 28.

Problem is Brady/Manning are a year apart in age. It just fit so well too. It was a flawless QB rivalry really for many years. I saw some of the games in person and am pretty lucky. I don't know if it continues though.....we'll see. Best thing I read was when Brady and Peyton first met. I think it was in 2001. Peyton went up to Tom before a game and said "Hi I am Peyton Manning." Brady said, "No chit." lmao.

Thats why I have said before that if we get another Packers/Steelers SB in the next year or two the media may hype up Rodgers/Ben due to age closeness. Ben is not elite no but they could build a SB rivalry on it if they both get back again.

Brees is 33 I think, so that scratches it I guess lol

Statistically I'd say Brees and Rodgers match up really well.

Ben and Aaron for the Super Bowl, only thing is Ben has never been on the level of Aaron, or Brees or Brady or Manning. he's good, but always a step below. I ain't trying to take away from him or say he sucks, but I have never found him elite.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees has thrown for 440 yds more then Rodgers with 122 more Pass Attempts and 5 less TD's. It's not hard to figure out that if you give Rodgers an additional 122 Pass Attempt where he is completing at a rate of 70% or 85 more completions at his 9.25 yds per completion would put Rodgers at 5,429 yds.

In otherwords there is no question Rodgers has had the better season.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And just to say, if Rodgers had played the 4th quarter against the Bears and kept chucking the ball, he would have probably ended up with 6 or 7 TDs and 350 yards. Rodgers probably won't play next week either, which means that Brees could catch him in total # of TDs. So what?

I like Brees, I think he's a great player and seems like a nice guy. But hauling out stats is misleading. Brady actually does have some claim to being MVP the way he's put that team on his shoulders, but I also think that people grossly underestimate the quality of the NE receivers. Gronkowski, Welker, Hernandez, Branch? Comon....as if Brady doesn't have weapons, sheesh.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Brees is 33 I think, so that scratches it I guess lol

Statistically I'd say Brees and Rodgers match up really well.

Ben and Aaron for the Super Bowl, only thing is Ben has never been on the level of Aaron, or Brees or Brady or Manning. he's good, but always a step below. I ain't trying to take away from him or say he sucks, but I have never found him elite.

Aaron/Ben would be more of a "ring rivalry" if it ever happened.

Wow Brees is already 33 now? No way. I did not know he was that close in age to Brady. Sheesh. How time flies.

Aaron is a baby!!!

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...if we get another Packers/Steelers SB in the next year or two the media may hype up Rodgers/Ben due to age closeness. Ben is not elite no but they could build a SB rivalry on it if they both get back again.

If there's going to be any kind of rivalry between Green Bay and Pittsburgh, the main media point is going to be Rodgers vs. the Steel Curtain instead of Rodgers vs. Ben, because the main characteristic of Green Bay is their offense and Rodgers, and the main characteristic of Pittsburgh is their defense. There might already be a rivalry, considering how many Pittsburgh Steelers fans hate Rodgers and hope he gets injured.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Okay regardless of age Packers/Saints could still become a hot rivalry and we kinda need one right now, a great QB game. I mean, Aaron is a puppy compared to Brees/Brady/Manning and others though. MVP puppy. :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If there's going to be any kind of rivalry between Green Bay and Pittsburgh, the main media point is going to be Rodgers vs. the Steel Curtain instead of Rodgers vs. Ben, because the main characteristic of Green Bay is their offense and Rodgers, and the main characteristic of Pittsburgh is their defense. There might already be a rivalry, considering how many Pittsburgh Steelers fans hate Rodgers and hope he gets injured.

:(

I saw that before the SB even. I lurked at a Steelers forum and some of them wanted to "accidently concuss" Aaron early in the game.:(

And look at how many Packers fans despise the Steelers too. I already did despise the Steelers so it's natural to me. And you don't have to hope Ben gets hurt. He just will. He always hurts something every two weeks.

I do love me an elite offense vs. elite defense rivalry though.....

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust that people would understand that Rodgers has been the better QB this year not taking anything away from Brees but it's just the way this year has gone. Everyone was talking about Tebow Tebow when Green Bay was 13-0 almost under the radar because the country was so obsessed with Tebow.

Now everyone is talking about Brees and Saints being the best team. Oh well I guess that is why the games are played on the field, but I would bet that the Super Bowl Champs will have something to say about that. As everyone knows the Defense will have to step it up once the playoffs start and I believe Dom Capers will get it done. Watch out for the things you haven't seen yet this year like the Psycho Package to name one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts