Saints are dirty

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never seen favre get hit so hard and so much in one game. Damn they brung it to him. Darren Sharper sure didnt hold anything back did he?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I didn't think the Saints were out of line at all. The play where Favre got tackled around his knee was questionable, but the rest were clean in my opinion. There were no helmet to helmet shots on Favre. The only real bad play where Favre got driven to the ground was awarded a 15 yard penalty. Sounds like sour grapes to me from someone who for reasons unbeknownst to me was cheering for the Vikings last night.

OP
OP
angryguy77

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, you mean how Packer fans almost uniformly blamed the D and not the refs for the loss to the Cards but merely brought up 2 really bad non-calls at the end of the game... Not whining just like that?? Oh wait, we WERE whining right?

Oh, and there were bad calls early in the game that sustained Vikie drives. How about those? How about the roughing call on favre that was total bs?

Bad calls even out during the course of a game.

I never even brought up the refs as a reason in the op. If you want to say GB fans were not whining after that game then you are high. That was the only thing talked about for a week after the game on the radio and here for that matter. As I said before: the viks lost the game not the refs.

But NO players were going after him and they tried to take out his knees. That is dirty and bush league. The fact that nobody here can see that is testament to how ignorant some people are.

Favre is hated because he went to play for a rival. Are you all that self centered to think that a guy who wants to win and was let go by the org should just retire becuase the fans don't want him to play for a rival? How selfish is that. If he would be happy just to play and not win then he never would have achieved what he has in his career and not given us all many year of enjoyment.
But GB fans are so rediculous in their thinking. Athletes play the game for their own benefit, not ours. How self centered have we become to think that they should set aside their wants in life so we might enjoy ours more. To think that he should not take advantage of the best opportunity to win is illogical to say the least.

This hate has clouded rational thought on this board as well as the state when it comes to football. Not a single person puts themselves in his shoes and wonder what they would have done. He has a job like most of us and wanted to succeed at it. But he should ignore his wants so we can have some enjoyment on Sudays.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
If you want to say GB fans were not whining after that game then you are high. That was the only thing talked about for a week after the game on the radio and here for that matter. As I said before: the viks lost the game not the refs.

And if you want to attribute what a small percentage of fans who don't know any better to the entire Packer fan base I'd really like to sample what you are toking. The Packers were beaten by their D - plain and simple. A fact 99% of Packer fans agree on. The calls/non calls at the end didn't help but almost every Packer fan agrees that if we played any D at all the calls wouldn't have mattered. So, way to paint with a broad brush. We all know Viqueen fans are the best EVER... I mean, one team has a 60,000 plus waiting list for tickets and the other needs 2 extensions to sell out a playoff game... I agree, Packer fans suck.

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never even brought up the refs as a reason in the op. If you want to say GB fans were not whining after that game then you are high. That was the only thing talked about for a week after the game on the radio and here for that matter. As I said before: the viks lost the game not the refs.

But NO players were going after him and they tried to take out his knees. That is dirty and bush league. The fact that nobody here can see that is testament to how ignorant some people are.

Favre is hated because he went to play for a rival. Are you all that self centered to think that a guy who wants to win and was let go by the org should just retire becuase the fans don't want him to play for a rival? How selfish is that. If he would be happy just to play and not win then he never would have achieved what he has in his career and not given us all many year of enjoyment.
But GB fans are so rediculous in their thinking. Athletes play the game for their own benefit, not ours. How self centered have we become to think that they should set aside their wants in life so we might enjoy ours more. To think that he should not take advantage of the best opportunity to win is illogical to say the least.

This hate has clouded rational thought on this board as well as the state when it comes to football. Not a single person puts themselves in his shoes and wonder what they would have done. He has a job like most of us and wanted to succeed at it. But he should ignore his wants so we can have some enjoyment on Sudays.

"But NO players were going after him and they tried to take out his knees. That is dirty and bush league. The fact that nobody here can see that is testament to how ignorant some people are"

Wait a minute. Dirty... you should talk to Eugene Wilson of the Texans.
Last time I checked Brett Favre was praised for his toughness. You make him sound like a wuss. Anyways that hit on his knees and ankles. You can clearly see that the Saints player lost his footing after being pushed by Loadholdt.

I love what the man brought to Green Bay. The Packers, not the Vikings. You think Packer fans hate Brett Favre. The majority of us don't. We just hate him now because he's on the Vikings. It's all about cheering against your rivals and the simple fact that favre is on the other side is why we don't like him. Once Favre retires, many of us will welcome him back.

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had he handled the last couple years like a professional, and not a child, he might not have incited the level of hatred he has now. How about acknowledging to the fans that worshiped him for 16 years that he is are aware he is breaking their hearts and tainting their great memories? Instead he brushed it off and pretended he didn't understand why it would bother us to play for the Vikings. Tell us the only reason you did it was to win a Superbowl. Tell us "sticking it to us" didn't factor in.

Had he been a little more understanding at the beginning, it wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way as much. I still wouldn't have rooted for him or the Vikings, I can never root for a division rival. But I wouldn't loath his existence, and have to change the channel whenever i see him in an interview or a stupid *** sears commercial.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jared Allen is a dirty player.i saw a few penalties where they did dirty stuff but there were a few questionable calls.saints players in a whole aren't dirty players.i noticed last night though farve is a crybaby wuss and he motions to a ref and they throw a flag.they throw flags for brady and farve.mainly because they suck up to them.farve should retire if he's too old to take hits.and brady has been a wuss since he had kids and got married.and the announcers and analysts are pretty biased towards farve.even joe buck hates the saints

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The Saints did what they needed to do to win the game. They needed to unseat Favre, and they did. Now I can't say I didn't feel bad for him because he's old and his team let him down, but I congratulate the Saints for figuring out how to get in his head. I counted only 2 blatantly unnecessary hits, but they were also called for hits that were perfectly legal. If I'm not mistaken, was it not you Queens fans that were telling us to stop whining about miscalls?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Place the blame where it needs to go.
On Minny's O line.
If they can't stop the Saints D-Fence from getting to Fart, that is their own fault. Not the Saints.
The Saints D is just doing it's job. And that job is to get the QB.
Cheap shots my ***!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Because they hit Favre?! Cry me a river.

If, on that running play where Favre got decked in the backfield instead of getting decked he throws a block on that guy the media's praising it. Joe Buck would've ********** in the booth. "Look at Brett Favre throwing a block out there! That guy is fun to watch!". But when the lineman decks him, suddenly it's dirty.

Brett Favre's dirty. Remember the cut block in preseason?

OP
OP
angryguy77

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Place the blame where it needs to go.
On Minny's O line.
If they can't stop the Saints D-Fence from getting to Fart, that is their own fault. Not the Saints.
The Saints D is just doing it's job. And that job is to get the QB.
Cheap shots my ***!

Right and if were Rodgers legs that were targeted you would just say thats great d I'm sure?

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and Brady are protected QB's if those hits were on any other QB (Rodgers on this site excluded) No one would be *****ing at all.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Do you have eyes?
Really? That's all you have? You're the only person i've seen to say it was intentional. Was it legal? Maybe, that debate actually has merit. I don't see anything that makes it intentional, though. Sometimes things fall the wrong way.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Favre acted like a blocker and got treated like a blocker. This time he tried to block a lineman/linebacker instead of a non-looking dback. His mess up, and he paid for it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was beautiful when he got hit, injured and his pass was intercepted.
Talk about adding insult to injury!
Yeah!
Way to go Saints D-Fense!

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre acted like a blocker and got treated like a blocker. This time he tried to block a lineman/linebacker instead of a non-looking dback. His mess up, and he paid for it

I agree at one point he ran over as if he was going to block a DT on the Saints and just got his old *** rocked. He made bad decisions and ended up blowin it again somehow in NFC Championship.

OP
OP
angryguy77

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was beautiful when he got hit, injured and his pass was intercepted.
Talk about adding insult to injury!
Yeah!
Way to go Saints D-Fense!

Injured eh? You obvioulsy need to either grow up, or grow as a person because you obvioulsy cannot decipher between being a decent human or a complete d-bag

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Angryguy, IDK how you keep denying that you aren't in fact whining. Just because you aren't complaining about the refs, which is usually what fans complain about if their team lost a game, doesn't automatically mean your exempt from being called a "whiner". At first a lot of Packer fans did whine and complain about the refs blowing the 2 calls at the end and attributed it to why the Pack lost that game.

That was literally RIGHT after the game and how convenient for you to point out that we did have a strong reaction to those 2 certain calls. After a few days though, fans do realize it contributed to the loss, but definitely wasn't the major factor.

You on the other hand, seem to be whining about the Saints D being completely dirty and having no class. It is only one day after the game though, so maybe you'll think more clearly after a few more days or maybe not. If you're trying to attempt to get any sort of sympathy or understanding from fans that watched Rodgers get hit a lot(sometimes unnecessarily) throughout the season and not just 1 game is foolish. Trying to get sympathy for a QB who is disliked by most on here already is just strange.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who can't admit that at least 3 times last night a Saints player used unnecessary roughness against #4 is in denial & lets their hate cloud their judgment.

#93 on the Saints deliberately led with the crown of his helmet into the facemask of a QB who'd just handed the ball off & barely had a moment to turn away from the play. Penalty called & deservedly so. Both commentators agreed with the officials.

Same player deliberately lifted the QB off his feet just as the entire weight of the defensive lineman was carried by momentum onto the falling QB. Penalty called & deservedly so. 1/2 of the two-man broadcast team validated the call.

On the Percy Harvin fumble play #4 attempted to fall onto the loose ball. As he's landing on the turf a Saints player goes to the turf towards the QB's legs, no where near where the ball is now bouncing to, yards away from #4, & tomahawks the now injured lower leg of #4. It went unnoticed but after watching the replays the more blatant the attempt to further injure a player on the ground it became. No penalty.

The play where a Saints player went low to the back of #4's legs while a Saints teammate was simultaneously making chest-level contact from the opposite direction was as cheap as they come. No penalty.

Justifying the hit from behind by saying the defender was blocked into that situation may satisfy some but most know better. These are some of the best athletes in the world. They have incredible body control & only drag out the excuse of being blocked into someone when it suits their argument.

Sharper's hit was clean, but unnecessary. That kind of hit on a defenseless WR is a penalty by rule in the NFL. Why a QB in the act of releasing a pass isn't in the same defenseless player category is perplexing.

The Saints defensive agenda was clear - abuse #4 at any cost. Anybody talking about last night's game today agrees that #4 took a beating. The hits are part of the game. The obvious attempts to take advantage of opportunities to inflict the most extreme measure of contact isn't. It's cheap & the Saints lost a lot of respect in the process, from myself & many other fans.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Seems to me someone's grasping at straws and whining about calls just like we supposedly did after we lost the wild card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts