Saints are dirty

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I'm not going to sit here and cry over the loss. Favre played great this year and proved a lot of people wrong. It was a bad throw no doubt and a dumb one on that. Anyone that hangs the game on him is either very ignorant, or a dumb homer who doesn't understand the game.
But there was a lot more damaging things that were done in that game that contribnuted to the Viks loss than the last INT. Yes his throw hurt and contributed to it, but there were much worse things that happened.

The thing that really angers me is how cheap the Saints were. There were a lot of shots that were designed to hurt the guy and thats flat out wrong. I'm all for hitting the qb and trying to make him here foot steps, but not the way NO did. You had a guy intentionaly go at his knees and no flag. I thought the Brady Rule was suppossed to keep that from happening. THis state would have been in an uproar if it was #12 getting that abuse.
I thought going into the game that if NO wind I would hope the beat the Colts, but not anymore. I cant root for a dirty team, which is what you all did last night.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I'm not going to sit here and cry over the loss. Favre played great this year and proved a lot of people wrong. It was a bad throw no doubt and a dumb one on that. Anyone that hangs the game on him is either very ignorant, or a dumb homer who doesn't understand the game.
But there was a lot more damaging things that were done in that game that contribnuted to the Viks loss than the last INT. Yes his throw hurt and contributed to it, but there were much worse things that happened.

The thing that really angers me is how cheap the Saints were. There were a lot of shots that were designed to hurt the guy and thats flat out wrong. I'm all for hitting the qb and trying to make him here foot steps, but not the way NO did. You had a guy intentionaly go at his knees and no flag. I thought the Brady Rule was suppossed to keep that from happening. THis state would have been in an uproar if it was #12 getting that abuse.
I thought going into the game that if NO wind I would hope the beat the Colts, but not anymore. I cant root for a dirty team, which is what you all did last night.

What a crock of ****!

You better call out Jared Allen then. Biggest cheap shot pile of **** in the NFL. Just ask Matt Schaub
And its just karma for favre and his cheap shot in the pre-seaon then going low.

What a joke.

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys! :happy0005:

Been lurking for awhile now and just had to say, that is the most inane post I have ever read. It's football...not ballet.

You play to the strengths of your team and to the weaknesses of the other.

Personally, I saw no "cheap" shots. What I saw was hard hitting, smashmouth football. Football - a game that does not include tippy toeing around an aging QB.

It's a violent game. Period.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

You do realize this is FOOTBALL right, not Tennis or Golf. What about the time the bears player hit Rogers low? **** happens, get over it (just repeating what Vike fans told us). I don't think the Saints went low/high on purpose to knock him out of the game. If so, then the Vikes should have responded in kind and stared bringing pressure on Brees. Vikes got a D too although they never got to Brees much.

The Saints beat the crap out of Farve and it paid off for them when they needed it. The only cheap shot I saw was after Farve handed off and got drilled. And the Refs called a Personal Foul on that. That was the only cheap shot I saw.

This was a NFC championship game. You better come ready to play FOOTBALL old school style. The Refs let em play at this level within reason. Wish all games were called loose like this one was. Separates the men (Saints) from the boys (Vikings).

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Green Bay - After being summoned to New York to get a lecture, Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen was fined $25,000 for his late hit on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the Nov. 9 matchup between the teams.
Allen was lucky he didn't get suspended. He's now been fined three consecutive weeks, including $50,000 for two low hits on Houston QB Matt Schaub, who was injured as a result.
Allen is the same player that said he wanted to put a helmet in Rodgers' spine during training camp.
Of course, we're all waiting to hear what becomes of Pat and Kevin Williams, the Vikings defensive tackles that are due to hear their appeals of four-game suspensions in the next day or so. Both tested positive for a diuretic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqjClE7cuk]YouTube - Jared Allen Cheap Shot Into Matt Schaub's Knee[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bdwfD8HMk]YouTube - Rodgers gets hammered by brian urlacher[/ame]

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints beat the crap out of Farve and it paid off for them when they needed it. The only cheap shot I saw was after Farve handed off and got drilled. And the Refs called a Personal Foul on that. That was the only cheap shot I saw.

I thought that call was ticky tacky too. Favre was a blocker at that point and he acted like it and got hit. He then flopped like a carp to draw a flag. If he didnt want to get hit he shouldnt have been blocking.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
If u can't handle the hits, maybe he shoulda retired?

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Favre wasnt 40 no one would be saying there were any cheap shots

its a physical game the saints have every right to go after Favre, the fact hes 40 and probably will be more affected by hits is more of a reason to go after him than not to

its part of the game deal with it:viksux:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I thought that call was ticky tacky too. Favre was a blocker at that point and he acted like it and got hit. He then flopped like a carp to draw a flag. If he didnt want to get hit he shouldnt have been blocking.

I think they called that unnecessary roughness since it took place away from the action and although Farve was (IMO) acting like a blocker, no need to leap into him and spear him with a shoulder. I dunno, I can see that call. I'd hate to see QB's getting laid out everytime they hand off the ball just because they are standing there.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

Been lurking for awhile now and just had to say, that is the most inane post I have ever read. It's football...not ballet.

Personally, I saw no "cheap" shots. What I saw was hard hitting, smashmouth football. Football - a game that does not include tippy toeing around an aging QB.

Oh MY GOD! Packer fans got crucified for putting this ****** bag supreme on a pedestal... He played for us for 16 years! These hypocrites told the world how over-rated he was and now after him playing for them for ONE, ONE year they are just as suckered by favre as Packer fans were after more than a DECADE.

This is priceless... Like, viewing a parallel universe sort of priceless. Queen fans made a deal with the devil and in their imminent moment of triumph he stuck his pitchfork right up their ***. Here Queen fans, have some salve... Now enjoy the tractor watch all off season... And remember, if he says he's retiring or NOT retiring, he reserves the right to change his mind on the the last day of camp!!! BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAA!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=265463

We need to stop this complaining. The pack lost because of their poor overrated d. People act as though if the penalty had been called that they would have won.

Yes I know they were moving the ball at will, but it doesn't mean they would have won the game. It sucks to see a game end like that.

But if the line did it's job, if Rodgers hits Jennings none of that would matter. The pack did far more in this game to hurt their chances than the refs. Had the call been made and if they did win the game, it would have only delayed the inevitable.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-f...ll-holding-rodgers-facemask-2.html#post265086

Seriously this has to be let go. I'm sure there were non calls on the other side as well.

They lost the game, not the refs. The pack didn't execute in ot and that is why they lost. They had their chances and came up short.
Can we flip your words to the Vikings?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

Well Charlotte, let me tell you... When you get used to watching the REFS help favre up and help him put his pads back in his jersey all year long, it is easy to come to the conclusion that actually, you know, playing football and tackling/hitting him MUST be a penalty. LOL :viksux:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would agree with you if BF was just a regular player making 2 or 3 million in the NFL and not playing the QB position.

With the game in over time, the reason you pay a man well over 10 million dollars a year is the hope he can make that 3rd and 15, you do not expect him to throw across his body, back across the field, on the Saints 38 yard line for an INT.

Yes as a game as a whole, all is not on BF. But in over time that is why you bring a 40 year old into your franchise. I believe that last play is one of the reasons he is no longer playing in Green Bay, BF for most of the year played within himself, yet on the most important play of the year he lost his mind.

IMO if Childress had anything but a legend in that game, the smart move when BF was not only showing signs of being hurt, but was fatigued, would have been to put fresh legs in for over time. This was not even an option because of the legend, but I think the vikings would be in the super bowl.

I know people will disagree, but just look at Drew B. in over time, he had the energy and stamina to make it happen.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a bunch of hypocrites.

So, when it's on Favre, because he's old, it's cheap shot.

But when there're blalant helmet to helmet hits on Rodgers, it's OK?

Since the first game of the season, when Urlacher clearly cheap shot him, Rodgers has been enduring dirty hits.

But one game that a team go after Favre, and people start crying?

That's BS.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Green Bay - After being summoned to New York to get a lecture, Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen was fined $25,000 for his late hit on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the Nov. 9 matchup between the teams.
Allen was lucky he didn't get suspended. He's now been fined three consecutive weeks, including $50,000 for two low hits on Houston QB Matt Schaub, who was injured as a result.
Allen is the same player that said he wanted to put a helmet in Rodgers' spine during training camp.
Of course, we're all waiting to hear what becomes of Pat and Kevin Williams, the Vikings defensive tackles that are due to hear their appeals of four-game suspensions in the next day or so. Both tested positive for a diuretic.
First, those were from last year before the "Brady" rule was put into effect. Nice try though. Second, several players have been called for lesser hits to the legs of QB's this year. If that had been Brady 15 flags would have been thrown. There were several calls and non-calls made and not made by the refs in this game. I suppose the Saints player that had a hold of Shiancoe's jersey while he was making a catch wasn't really interfering with him. Yet somehow the ref could not see a jersey being stretched 3 feet. I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss. The Vikings lost he game more then the Saints won it. Without the 4 turnovers in the second half the game never goes into overtime. For that matter, without Harvins fumble the game never goes into overtime.

And for the sake of it, had it been Rodgers, I doubt he would have got the call either.

OP
OP
angryguy77

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well the difference between me and gb fans is I'm not whining about the refs after the game. Sure there was some bs that happened but the viks did more to lose the game on their own than the refs. The viks have no one to blame but themselves for this loss. See the difference?

I love how it just football when a defender is going at his knees. If you can tell me thats not dirty then you all are delusional. I never said teh QB shouldn't be hit. I said the way they were doing it clearly showed that they were trying to hurt him over the course of a game. Its funny when Roders gets a little finger to the facemask and the whole state riots. But a shot to the back of a guys knees is acceptable.

Had it been reversed, yuo all would be crying in your beer.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the difference between me and gb fans is I'm not whining about the refs after the game. Sure there was some bs that happened but the viks did more to lose the game on their own than the refs. The viks have no one to blame but themselves for this loss. See the difference?

I love how it just football when a defender is going at his knees. If you can tell me thats not dirty then you all are delusional. I never said teh QB shouldn't be hit. I said the way they were doing it clearly showed that they were trying to hurt him over the course of a game. Its funny when Roders gets a little finger to the facemask and the whole state riots. But a shot to the back of a guys knees is acceptable.

Had it been reversed, yuo all would be crying in your beer.

That's the point. It just depends on who has the shoe on. . .since we called you out before you could come on our forums and cry over it. . .you say you're the bigger man. In the end we could simply say, it was just a little hit on the legs from a guy crawling trying to make a play. . .the way you called Rodgers getting a little finger to the facemask.

Or you could say a guy had his hand on Rodgers facemask and pulled it down and teared it to the side. Or you can call it a little finger on it and nothing more.

It always depends on who is looking at it and what their bias is.

I understand your points/point but try not to bring up old news, since viking fans were telling us to get over it that it is in the past. Obviously it hurts to see missed calls when it's your team, and we are asking that you understand that we are going to gripe about our team losing and missed calls but at the same time we understand giving up 51 points wont win you many games.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Hmm, granted you said dirty hit, not bad refs. I'll give you that. However, I really only saw one dirty/cheap hit in the game. I call it like I see it and even though I dislike Farve, if I see a dirty hit on a player, I'll call it out. I only saw one that I thought was cheap, and that was the hand off hit.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Well the difference between me and gb fans is I'm not whining about the refs after the game.

You started a thread about the Saints being dirty (which they are not) and said

There were a lot of shots that were designed to hurt the guy and thats flat out wrong. I'm all for hitting the qb and trying to make him here foot steps, but not the way NO did. You had a guy intentionaly go at his knees and no flag. I thought the Brady Rule was suppossed to keep that from happening. THis state would have been in an uproar if it was #12 getting that abuse.

So if you are not "whining" what are you doing? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck... ARod took as much abuse and more during the year. Until the Arizona game which was lost by the defense but had 2 critical missed calls, nobody blamed refs for ARod's pounding. They blamed the OL and ARod himself for holding the ball too long. Football is a physical sport and guys get hit. Just because your idol took a pounding last night does not make the Saints a dirty team. And in answering my own question, yeah, you are whining.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's the point. It just depends on who has the shoe on. . .since we called you out before you could come on our forums and cry over it. . .you say you're the bigger man. In the end we could simply say, it was just a little hit on the legs from a guy crawling trying to make a play. . .the way you called Rodgers getting a little finger to the facemask.

Or you could say a guy had his hand on Rodgers facemask and pulled it down and teared it to the side. Or you can call it a little finger on it and nothing more.

It always depends on who is looking at it and what their bias is.

I understand your points/point but try not to bring up old news, since viking fans were telling us to get over it that it is in the past. Obviously it hurts to see missed calls when it's your team, and we are asking that you understand that we are going to gripe about our team losing and missed calls but at the same time we understand giving up 51 points wont win you many games.
First, he wasn't crawling, he was lunging towards Brett. If he had been crawling or had actually been blocked into him as I though originally thought, yeah, then maybe a good non call. I have yet to hear one Viking fan say that play changed the outcome of the game. Should it have been called, yes. It wasn't. So we move on. Compared to Rodgers face mask it was much more blatant. Compared to Rodgers helmet to helmet it was about the same. Favre has has had about three of those hits this year and not one of them has been called. Hell, if you touch Brady's leg, it's 15 yards. I just wish the refs would call each game the same. And yes, that goes for the Packers as well.

OP
OP
angryguy77

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You started a thread about the Saints being dirty (which they are not) and said

So if you are not "whining" what are you doing? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck... ARod took as much abuse and more during the year. Until the Arizona game which was lost by the defense but had 2 critical missed calls, nobody blamed refs for ARod's pounding. They blamed the OL and ARod himself for holding the ball too long. Football is a physical sport and guys get hit. Just because your idol took a pounding last night does not make the Saints a dirty team. And in answering my own question, yeah, you are whining.

No there is no whining, just facts. If you guys didn't see what was going on then there is nothing I can say. But I know what I saw and I know what the intent was. If I were to whine I would make excuses for why they lost and blame the refs. But you won't find that here.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
No there is no whining, just facts. If you guys didn't see what was going on then there is nothing I can say. But I know what I saw and I know what the intent was. If I were to whine I would make excuses for why they lost and blame the refs. But you won't find that here.

Oh, you mean how Packer fans almost uniformly blamed the D and not the refs for the loss to the Cards but merely brought up 2 really bad non-calls at the end of the game... Not whining just like that?? Oh wait, we WERE whining right?

Oh, and there were bad calls early in the game that sustained Vikie drives. How about those? How about the roughing call on favre that was total bs?

Bad calls even out during the course of a game.

Members online

Latest posts