Roster predictions

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis had some really nice returns, they were balanced out to a degree with bad decisions. He does not look natural back there to me. Find someone that can field it cleanly and replacing him is half over. The only other part would be for one of those young guys at WR to show something and Davis is gone.

He has no redeeming value as a receiver, IMO. This was the worst effort I've ever seen. Didn't even attempt to catch it. Maybe he was afraid he would drop it and didn't want that on his stat sheet. His excuse after the game was that he lost it in the lights but it sure looks like he's tracking it to me.

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/944770835482595328

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Moore showed terrible drops, the simple fact that he had that many targets seems to imply that he was REALLY good at getting open. Now, catching the ball is SUPER important. But getting open is also kinda necessary. People seem to be ignoring the getting open part. Hopefully he can correct the issue with his hands but the guy deserves at least some credit for earning that many targets. I'm certainly not trying to imply that he was excellent or anything during the game, he wasn't, but there were some positives at least.
If he's finishing those plays and catching the ball, he was the best WR not named Adams on the field last week. Guys can work on their hands, we've seen it happen with a number of guys here over the years. I'm hoping he can.

H

HardRightEdge

While Moore showed terrible drops, the simple fact that he had that many targets seems to imply that he was REALLY good at getting open. Now, catching the ball is SUPER important. But getting open is also kinda necessary. People seem to be ignoring the getting open part. Hopefully he can correct the issue with his hands but the guy deserves at least some credit for earning that many targets. I'm certainly not trying to imply that he was excellent or anything during the game, he wasn't, but there were some positives at least.
Moore had just one bad drop on the deep ball. The others some want to harangue about were, I presume, the one tough diving attempt, competitive balls, or the two where he drew interference calls. What we need to see from him are some inside targetted routes. Right now he's the guy on the college highlight tapes...everything on the perimenter with the QBs seeming to like him on jump balls..

D

Deleted member 6794

While Moore showed terrible drops, the simple fact that he had that many targets seems to imply that he was REALLY good at getting open.

Moore might present a deep threat capable of getting open but he has to prove that he's capable of catching those balls before opponets will consider him a viable target for Rodgers. Unfortunately he already had issues with drops during his college career.

It still shows his propensity to not want to return the ball unless he has a big cushion.

Davis has to make better decisions when to return a punt but there were several occasions last season in which he either fair caught the ball or let it hit the ground with sufficient space to gain big yardage on a return as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said right off that some of those if caught would have qualified as a good or great catch, it's one that a guy you want to depend on, needs to make more often than not. I know everyone misses those and easier, even the Jerry Rice's of the world at times, but catching them is also what separates they guys you want to throw the ball to on 3rd down and those that only see the field because someone else needs an injury time out or something. I want one of these young guys to jump out. Moore had that opportunity, i'm disappointed he didn't. But it's one preseason game with a lot more to go and none of these guys is going to be a finished product by years end anyway. Like i said, if he catches those, he was the best WR on the field other than Adams. Could have gone a long ways towards getting his spot and being a legitimate target THIS year. It was one of the things I said I wanted to see before the game. A WR make the tough catch and then some routine ones and skip the "almost" made the catch. you can do everything wrong but catch the ball and win a playoff game like Cobb. Do everything right, but drop it, we still lose.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanted to watch 2 games before I made any rash decisions.

QB - Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer

RB - Williams, Jones, Montgomery

FB - Ripkowski

WR - Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown

TE - Graham, Lewis, Kendricks, Tonyan

OT - Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Bell

OG - Taylor, McCray, Light, Patrick

C - Linsley, Day

DL - Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry

OLB - Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Odom, Hughes

ILB - Martinez, Burks, Martini

CB - Williams, King, Jackson, Alexander, House, Rollins

S- Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Evans

K - Crosby

P - Scott

LS - Bradley

IR - Ryan

PS - Madison, Moore, Sheehy, Thomas, Boyle, Bouagnon, Greene, Byrd, Donnerson, Looney

EDIT - Realized I had Day confused with Davis at Center.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for a few changes but I feel like we are really starting to have a pretty good idea of where some people stand.

QB: Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer 3

RB: Williams, Monty, (Jones: Susp 2 games) 2

FB: Ripkowski 1

TE: Graham, Lewis, Kendricks 3

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, St. Brown*, MVS*, Moore* 7

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga: Spriggs, Murphy, Bell, Patrick 9

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry 5

OLB: Perry, Matthews, Gilbert, Fackrell, Donnerson* 5

MLB: Martinez, Burks*, Beigel, Martini 4

CB: King, Alexander*, Jackson*, Williams, House, Pipkins 6

S: Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Rollins, Evans 5

ST: Crosby, Scott, Bradley 3

Week 1 Inactives: Kizer, Donnerson*, Moore*, Beigel/Martini, Pipkins, Bell, St. Brown*/MVS*

Practice Squad: Tonyan TE, Yancey WR, Maye RB, Waters CB, Looney DL, Boyle QB, Pankey OL, Day OL, Odom OLB, Thomas LB

IR: Ryan LB,

DNR: Madison*

I’m a little concerned with this Kumerow injury and that it may slow him down for too long. At this point him being out is the only way I see Davis having a shot. I know people are gonna kill me for putting Beigel at MLB but he hasn’t shown anything as a pass rusher and may need a move to MLB. Maybe provide a pass rush up the middle. With Matthews able to move inside once in awhile I wouldn’t mind keeping Martinez and Burks as the only REAL MLB’s and having Clay, Beigel, and even Donnerson rotate in. Another reason I want Reid to sign is him and Jones could also cover LB if needed and give us flexibility. Or even Bowman but we’ll just have to wait and see.

H

HardRightEdge

I know people are gonna kill me for putting Beigel at MLB but he hasn’t shown anything as a pass rusher and may need a move to MLB.
I agree with you. I said ILB looked like the more natural fit after looking at his college tape last off season. It's too late now. That switch needed to be done starting in OTAs. Playing ILB is a whole different animal than playing off the edge. It would be difficult for a seasoned vet to make that switch on the fly let alone a guy with so little NFL experience. And so far there doesn't seem to be much coaching interest in that move. He's got some upside on the edge, but the essential trait, burst, seems to be short of full deck. He does have that spin move that he brings out every once in a while though I can't say I've seen it this preseason. That's nice but not quite enough.

That said, I'd rather see him out there than Fackrell who seems to have hit a low ceiling.

D

Deleted member 6794

I said right off that some of those if caught would have qualified as a good or great catch, it's one that a guy you want to depend on, needs to make more often than not. I know everyone misses those and easier, even the Jerry Rice's of the world at times, but catching them is also what separates they guys you want to throw the ball to on 3rd down and those that only see the field because someone else needs an injury time out or something. I want one of these young guys to jump out. Moore had that opportunity, i'm disappointed he didn't. But it's one preseason game with a lot more to go and none of these guys is going to be a finished product by years end anyway. Like i said, if he catches those, he was the best WR on the field other than Adams. Could have gone a long ways towards getting his spot and being a legitimate target THIS year. It was one of the things I said I wanted to see before the game. A WR make the tough catch and then some routine ones and skip the "almost" made the catch. you can do everything wrong but catch the ball and win a playoff game like Cobb. Do everything right, but drop it, we still lose.

Moore seems to be capable of getting open with ease but struggles mightily with drops. He has to significantly improve in that area to even male the roster let alone have an impact this season.

Wanted to watch 2 games before I made any rash decisions.

QB - Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer

RB - Williams, Jones, Montgomery

FB - Ripkowski

WR - Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown

TE - Graham, Lewis, Kendricks, Tonyan

OT - Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Bell

OG - Taylor, McCray, Light, Patrick

C - Linsley, Davis

DL - Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry

OLB - Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Odom, Hughes

ILB - Martinez, Burks, Martini

CB - Williams, King, Jackson, Alexander, House, Rollins

S- Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Evans

K - Crosby

P - Scott

LS - Bradley

In my opinion Light, Davis, Odom and Hughes are long shots to make the roster. Bell, Rollins and Martini are on the bubble at best as well.

Time for a few changes but I feel like we are really starting to have a pretty good idea of where some people stand.

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga: Spriggs, Murphy, Bell, Patrick 9

Week 1 Inactives: Kizer, Donnerson*, Moore*, Beigel/Martini, Pipkins, Bell, St. Brown*/MVS*

Practice Squad: Tonyan TE, Yancey WR, Maye RB, Waters CB, Looney DL, Boyle QB, Pankey OL, Day OL, Odom OLB, Thomas LB

I don't expect Fackrell and Donnerson to make the roster either.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore seems to be capable of getting open with ease but struggles mightily with drops. He has to significantly improve in that area to even male the roster let alone have an impact this season.

In my opinion Light, Davis, Odom and Hughes are long shots to make the roster. Bell, Rollins and Martini are on the bubble at best as well.

I don't expect Fackrell and Donnerson to make the roster either.

Moore isn’t getting cut. Too much draft capital and potential. Can be inactive for a few weeks to keep working but they won’t give up on him yet.

So who are you filling this roster with then? I agree that a lot of these guys are on the bubble but who is taking their spots. Gotta have 53 to make a team.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I’m a little concerned with this Kumerow injury and that it may slow him down for too long. At this point him being out is the only way I see Davis having a shot. I know people are gonna kill me for putting Beigel at MLB but he hasn’t shown anything as a pass rusher and may need a move to MLB. Maybe provide a pass rush up the middle. With Matthews able to move inside once in awhile I wouldn’t mind keeping Martinez and Burks as the only REAL MLB’s and having Clay, Beigel, and even Donnerson rotate in. Another reason I want Reid to sign is him and Jones could also cover LB if needed and give us flexibility. Or even Bowman but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I think your predictions are getting better with each iteration.

I wonder if Tonyan will force a tough call at TE3? The practice squad has seemed like the most sensible option, and still seems most likely to me. But if they get worried that he won't clear waivers, maybe they will release Kendricks a year early.

I've been reading some positive reviews of both Dillon Day and Adam Pankey as reserve OL who could push for a roster spot. Perhaps Bell's spot is in jeopardy.

I still think that if one of the OLB's was going to be transitioned to ILB this season, it would have happened by now. If they're going to do that with Biegel, it would make the most sense to cut him and transition him on the practice squad. It would seem a lot more useful to just keep Thomas, as he's shown some promising flashes and actually already plays the position.

Unless his back injury is severe, Whitehead is making this roster. He's been running ahead of Josh Jones at times and the coaches love him.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB: Rodgers, Kizer 2

RB: Williams, Daniels, Monty (Jones: Susp 2 games) 4

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, Moore 6

OLB: Mack, Perry, Matthews, Gilbert, Fackrell, 5

MLB: Martinez, Burks, Beigel, Martini 4

CB: King, Alexander, Jackson, Williams, House, Pipkins 6

Week 1 Inactives: Donnerson, Beigel/Martini, Pipkins, Bell, MVS

D

Deleted member 6794

Moore isn’t getting cut. Too much draft capital and potential. Can be inactive for a few weeks to keep working but they won’t give up on him yet.

So who are you filling this roster with then? I agree that a lot of these guys are on the bubble but who is taking their spots. Gotta have 53 to make a team.

I guess the Packers drafted three wide receivers being fully aware that one of them might end up not making the roster. Currently Moore is the only one that hasn't shown the ability to actually catch a ball which may lead to him being the one being cut.

I prefer to wait another two weeks before making my prediction on the final roster.

QB: Rodgers, Kizer 2

RB: Williams, Daniels, Monty (Jones: Susp 2 games) 4

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, Moore 6

OLB: Mack, Perry, Matthews, Gilbert, Fackrell, 5

MLB: Martinez, Burks, Beigel, Martini 4

CB: King, Alexander, Jackson, Williams, House, Pipkins 6

Week 1 Inactives: Donnerson, Beigel/Martini, Pipkins, Bell, MVS

Jones doesn't count against the 53 man roster limit during his suspension. In addition Leshun Daniels will have a hard time making the roster.

The Packers can't afford to trade for Mack without creating additional salary cap by either moving on from Matthews, Cobb or Bulaga.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What is the news on Devante Mays? Has he even played in the Preseason? One would have to think that with the Packers adding 2 more RB's, Mays time might be up.

Although I expect this to change in the regular season, the Packers run game is atrocious. Of the running backs that have played, Joel Bouagnon has the best yds/carry at 2.8.

Will be nice to get Aaron Jones back in week 3, but until then, Williams and Monty are going to be carrying the load.

Reaction score
What is the news on Devante Mays? Has he even played in the Preseason? One would have to think that with the Packers adding 2 more RB's, Mays time might be up.
Mays had a hamstring pull a few weeks ago. I believe he’ll be back either this week or next based in they said he could play against the Steelers (but obviously didnt)
I’m adraid he is missing his window of opportunity to show us what he’s got. I do know he has always been a dynamic player pre NFL and has repeatedly beat the odds. He had a really tough upbringing and Ive been anxious to see him get another shot.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I put Davis because Madison's situation is up in the air.

Traditionally we've always carried 3 ILBs, so with Ryan out Martini takes the spot.

If Rollins can keep being effective at returning kicks, and be a decent 5th or 6th DB, I like him to stay on the team. Nobody really has distinguished themselves as better.

I'd like to kick the tires one more time on Odom, and Hughes I like as an athlete. Light I like just for depth purposes.