Roster predictions

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trevor Davis is suppose to finally play on Thursday night. I think he has almost locked a spot on the 53, not for what he did in preseason, since he hasn't played, but what he did last year as a returner and a gunner. Had someone else stepped up he would be expendable. That someone might have to be Jaire Alexander and he will have to do it on Thursday night.

It sounded like MM wants to do away with special teamer only type players, obviously not referring to kicker/ punter.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name me three UDFA QBs that developed into anything other than a spot starter or career journeyman backup. I can't think of any without research that weren't more than JAGs. Across the league players like Boyle come and go every camp.

Warner, Romo and Garcia come to mind

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So maybe one per decade then?

It’s definitley rare, I don’t want Boyle on the 53, id rather the spot be used on someone who might see the field week to week considering Kizer will be the backup. Just answering your question

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be surprised if Boyle is kept on the 53. Now maybe the Packers don't want a repeat of the Taysom Hill situation that happened last year. I guess if Boyle is still on the 53, the Packers must think the guy has a ton of potential and other teams know it. Otherwise, all I have seen is the typical UDFA QB that sits on a PS trying to learn how to be an NFL QB someday. What I don't want to see happen is Boyle forced into starting any games in 2018.

I think if we don't see Boyle play on Thursday night, the Packers are going to try and stash him on the PS. The last thing they would want to do is think he is a safe slide to the PS, play him and he has a fantastic night. Obviously, he could still play and look "meh" and slide over safely.

I'm hoping to just see 2 QB's on the final 53, use the other roster spot for one of the guys with a lot of potential and because of that, won't be a safe bet to get to the PS.

Edit: I wrote this before I saw the news that Hundley was traded. Boyle may end up playing against the Chiefs because of that. So fingers crossed in an odd way, that Boyle doesn't show enough to be a guy another team wants to snap up. Too many guys on the bubble right now to want to see that 53rd spot given to a QB that isn't ready to line up in a real game.
We often tend to overrate the players we have that are on the bubble. I guess you can call me a Boyle hater lol. I'm just not into Boyle, same goes for Taysom Hill. Saints have traded for Bridgewater because they don't have faith in Hill , who can't pass or stay in the pocket.

H

HardRightEdge

Name me three UDFA QBs that developed into anything other than a spot starter or career journeyman backup. I can't think of any without research that weren't more than JAGs. Across the league players like Boyle come and go every camp.
The research entailed googling "greatest undrafted quarterbacks".

I had Moon, Romo and Warner off the top of my head; this list has a few more but I don't think Tomczak should make the cut.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...-nfl-tony-romo-kurt-warner-warren-moon-041717

On average, one comes along about every 5 years.

H

HardRightEdge

25 Offense

3 QB

7 WR - I think Davis makes the team to return punts and KOs, Kumerow goes to IR, and the 3 drafted WR stick.

3 TE - I think they should keep Tonyan and drop Kendricks. I believe they will keep Kendricks and try to get Tonyan and on the PS

3 RB/FB - Williams, Montgomery, Ripkowski, (Jones after week 2 with a cut at another position)

9 OL - Murphy, Spriggs, Bell, Patrick (backup center)

I'll do the rest later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Rodgers, Kizer

RB - Williams, Jones, Montgomery

FB - Ripkowski

WR - Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Valdez-Scantling, Moore, St. Brown, Davis

TE - Graham, Lewis, Tonyan

OT - Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Bell

OG - Taylor, McCray, Pankey, Patrick

C - Linsley, Day

DL - Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry

OLB - Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Odom, Donnerson

ILB - Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas

CB - Williams, King, Jackson, Alexander, House

S- Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Rollins

K - Crosby

P - Scott

LS - Bradley

IR - Ryan

PS - Light, Martini, Sheehy, Boyle, Evans, Bouagnon, Greene, Byrd, Looney, Waters

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s my final prediction. Honestly I would try and sneak Boyle to PS and just go with 2 but I understand keeping him. Tonyan’s played well and allows us to save some cash and cut Kendricks. I could see them cutting Donnerson but the athletic skills are too enticing. Safety is my other big question. The coaches seem to like Whitehead and I don’t know why. I much prefer Evans and Greene. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow!

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle 3

RB: Williams, Monty, (Jones: Susp 2 games) 2

FB: Ripkowski 1

TE: Graham, Lewis, Tonyan 3

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, St. Brown*, MVS*, Moore* 7

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga: Spriggs, Murphy, Bell, Patrick 9

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry 5

OLB: Perry, Matthews, Gilbert, Fackrell, Beigel Donnerson* 6

MLB: Martinez, Burks*, Morrison 3

CB: King, Williams, Alexander*, Jackson*, House, Rollins 6

S: Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Evans, Greene 5

ST: Crosby, Scott, Bradley 3

Week 1 Inactives: Boyle, Donnerson*, Beigel, Bell, Greene, St. Brown, Burks*(Shoulder)

Practice Squad: Kumerow WR, Mayes RB, Waters CB, Looney DL, Pankey OL, Day OL, Odom OLB, Thomas LB, Byrd TE, Martini LB

IR: Ryan LB,

DNR: Madison*

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
v 3.0 FINAL guestimation
Offense (26)

QB: Rodgers, Kizer(2)
RB: Williams, Montgomery, Ripkowski, Bouagnon* (4)
TE: Graham, Lewis, Tonyan(3)
WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, St. Brown, Davis, MVS (7)
OT: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy (4)
OG: Taylor, McCray, Bell, Pankey (4)
OC: Linsley, Patrick (2)

*Don't understand why Mays gets the nod over Bouagnon in 53 man rosters. Mays showed little with the reps given to him, including multiple fumbles. Not that Bouagnon is any good but he deserves it for being accessible till Jones comes back. Kendricks drops and salary makes it hard to keep him. Tonyan is a cheaper option and has shown growth in the position. I think packers are gonna put Kumerow on IR, if not takeout Davis and put in Kumerow.

Defense (24)
DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adams (5)
ILB: Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas (4)
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Donnerson, Biegel(5)
CB: Williams, King, Alexander, House, Jackson (5)
S: Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Rollins, Evans (5)

Special Teams (3)
ST: Crosby, Scott, Triner (3)

*Triner beats out the 7th round kid.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense (25)

QB: Rodgers, Kizer

RB/FB: Williams, Montgomery, Ripkowski

TE: Graham, Lewis, Kendricks, Tonyan

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, St. Brown, MVS, Davis

OL: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Spriggs, Patrick, Bell, Pankey

Defense (25)

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry, Lancaster

ILB: Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas

OLB: Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Biegel, Fackrell

CB: Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House

S: Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Greene, Whitehead

Special Teams (3)

Crosby, Scott, Triner

H

HardRightEdge

Final Update - Presumed Starters Omitted

25 Offense

3 QB

7 WR - I think Davis makes the team to return punts and KOs, Kumerow goes to IR, and the 3 drafted WRs stick.

3 TE - Lewis; I think they should keep Tonyan and drop Kendricks. I believe they will keep Kendricks and try to get Tonyan on the PS

3 RB/FB - Montgomery, Ripkowski, (Jones after week 2 with a cut at another position)

25 Defense

5 DL - Lowry, Adams

4 ILB - Thomas, Morrison

6 OLB - Gilbert, Biegel, Fackrell, Donnerson

6 CB - House, Jackson, Alexander, King, Rollins

4 S - Brice, Jones, Whitehead

3 Special Teams

I have no idea on the LS; I'll go with the draftee Bradley

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Final Update - Presumed Starters Omitted

25 Offense

3 QB

7 WR - I think Davis makes the team to return punts and KOs, Kumerow goes to IR, and the 3 drafted WRs stick.

3 TE - Lewis; I think they should keep Tonyan and drop Kendricks. I believe they will keep Kendricks and try to get Tonyan and on the PS

3 RB/FB - Montgomery, Ripkowski, (Jones after week 2 with a cut at another position)

25 Defense

5 DL - Lowry, Adams

4 ILB - Thomas, Morrison

6 OLB - Gilbert, Biegel, Fackrell, Donnerson

6 CB - House, Jackson, Alexander, King, Rollins

4 S - Brice, Jones, Whitehead

3 Special Teams

I have no idea on the LS; I'll go with the draftee Bradley

Pretty good list. 2 guys, Davis and Rollins, who may have been on the bubble a month ago, make it due to their special teams play and just the plain fact that nobody beat them out.

I predict we see the Packers picking up at least one guy off of waivers to try and improve our depth at RB, OL and possibly OLB and S. If that happens Monty, any of the bottom tier OL and Fackrell/Donnelson and Whitehead are in the cross hairs.

I would love to see the Packers go out and sign Reid at S and slide Whitehead to the PS, but I don't think its going to happen.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OFFENSE 24
WR-6 17 Adams, Davante 14/2 81 Allison, Geronimo CF16 19 St. Brown, Equanimeous 18/618 Cobb, Randall 11/2 11 Davis, Trevor 16/5 82 Moore, J'Mon 18/4
OL - 9 69 Bakhtiari, David 13/4 65 Taylor, Lane CF13 77 Pankey, Adam CF17 63 Linsley, Corey 14/5 54 Day, Dillon P/Den 64 McCray, Justin SF17 62 Patrick, Lucas CF16 75 Bulaga, Bryan 10/1 78 Spriggs, Jason 16/2
TE -4 80 GRAHAM, JIMMY U/Sea 84 KENDRICKS, LANCE CC/LAR 89 LEWIS, MARCEDES SF18 85 Tonyan Jr., Robert SF17
QB-2 12 RODGERS, AARON 05/1 9 Kizer, DeShone T/Cle
RB-3 30 Williams, Jamaal 17/4 88 Montgomery, Ty 15/3 22 Ripkowski, Aaron 15/6
DEFENSE 26
DL-5 96 Wilkerson, Muhammad CC/NYJ 94 Lowry, Dean 16/4 97 Clark, Kenny 16/1 76 Daniels, Mike 12/4 90 Adams, Montravius 17/3
LB-11 52 MATTHEWS, CLAY 09/1 93 Gilbert, Reggie CF16 98 Odom, Chris W/Atl 42 Burks, Oren 18/3 50 Martinez, Blake 16/4 00 Morrison, Antonio T/Ind 56 Thomas, Ahmad SF17 53 Perry, Nick 12/1 51 Fackrell, Kyler 16/3 45 Biegel, Vince 17/4 91 Donnerson, Kendall 18/7
DB-10 38 WILLIAMS, TRAMON U/Arz 23 Alexander, Jaire 18/1 24 Rollins, Quinten 15/2 28 Hawkins, Josh CF16 29 Brice, Kentrell CF16 27 Jones, Josh 17/2 25 Evans, Marwin CF16 21 Clinton-Dix, Ha Ha 14/1 20 King, Kevin 17/2 37 Jackson, Josh 18/2
SPECIAL TEAMS 3
P 6 Scott, JK 18/5
PK 2 CROSBY, MASON 07/6
LS 57 Triner, Zach SF17
RESERVES
SUS 33 Jones, Aaron 17/5
IR 68 Murphy, Kyle 16/6 16 Kumerow, Jake SF17 32 Mays, Devante 17/7 47 Ryan, Jake IR
RET 49 Bennett, Parris RET 89 Clark, Michael RET 36 Judd, Akeem RET
RES 61 Madison, Cole DNR

Drop Day, let Murphy get to after 53 IR then pick Day back up. Kumerow is cut injured then resigned to IR after he clears waives.

H

HardRightEdge

Pretty good list. 2 guys, Davis and Rollins, who may have been on the bubble a month ago, make it due to their special teams play and just the plain fact that nobody beat them out.
Yup, in a nutsheel. Not high conviction choices.
I predict we see the Packers picking up at least one guy off of waivers to try and improve our depth at RB, OL and possibly OLB and S. If that happens Monty, any of the bottom tier OL and Fackrell/Donnelson and Whitehead are in the cross hairs.

I would love to see the Packers go out and sign Reid at S and slide Whitehead to the PS, but I don't think its going to happen.
Fackrell, Donnerson, Whitehead. I can't say Donnerson did anything to impress me; I put him on there soley on the basis of his freak-of-nature Pro Day.

If they threw in the towel on any of the backup OLs I would not be entirely surprised. Murphy and Spriggs got a recent vote of confidence from McCarthy, so I guess they're safe. At least this crew looked better more often last night.

I think Montgomery is safe unless his injury is bad enough for IR, which does not seem to be the case. If he cannot go on Week 1, they will need another guy and one of those above names would be in jeopordy.

D

Deleted member 6794

We owe it to Kizer(or whomever) to have a proven weapon in the passing game to lean on.

Kizer hopefully won't play any meaningful snaps over the next few yearsy

So you still think there's absolutely no way they keep Boyle on the 53 ? And now that it's happened I think it's pretty obvious Boyle will not be subjected to waivers as Hill so carelessly was last season.

I'm convinced the Packers don't keep Boyle on the 53. What has Hill done with the Saints that fans are still complaining about the team losing him last season??? He hasn't even thrown a pass at the pro level and New Orleans just traded for Bridgewater to be their backup.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's my prediction for the Packers final roster:

QB: Rodgers, Kizer

RB: Williams, Montgomery

FB: Ripkowski

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, Valdes-Scantling, St. Brown, Kumerow, Davis

TE: Graham, Lewis, Tonyan

OL: Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Spriggs, Patrick, Bell, Day

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adams

OLB: Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel

ILB: Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas

CB: Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Goodson

S: Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Evans, Whitehead

K: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Triner

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donatello Brown Chris Odom Bronson hill de Deangelo yancey Marcus Porter Ryan smith cut so far..
Do we have a thread for cuts

H

HardRightEdge

Davis fielded 46 punts last year. He returned the ball 24 times total. That's 52% of his touches, which was one of the lowest percentages in the league.
That doesn't include the ones he didn't field by letting it hit the ground. Still, a better option on punts and KOs than what we have out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts