Roster predictions

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it’s still very early but as I was sitting here thinking today this is what I came away for a roster if the season started tomorrow. A little unconventional in a few spots but I think it would be a good way to maximize our talent.

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Hundley 3

RB: Monty, Williams 2

(Jones susp 2 games)

FB: Ripkowski 1

TE: Graham, Lewis, Kendricks 3

WR: Adams, Cobb, Moore*, Allison, St. Brown*, Davis, Kumerow 7

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga: Spriggs, Murphy, Bell, Patrick 9

(Madison*?)

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry 5

OLB: Perry, Matthews, Beigel, Fackrell,

Gilbert 5

MLB: Martinez, Burks*, Donnerson* 3

CB: King, Alexander*, Jackson*, Williams, House, Hawkins, Pipkins 7

S: Clinton-Dix, Jones, Brice, Rollins, Evans 5

ST: Crosby, Scott, Bradley 3

Practice Squad: MVS WR, Mayes RB, Waters CB, Looney DL, Boyle QB, Pankey OL, Amichia OL, Lancaster DL, , Kerridge FB, Thomas LB

IR: Ryan LB,

D

Deleted member 6794

I highly doubt the Packers keep three quarterbacks on the roster. Other than that your roster looks pretty good to me aside of Donnerson making it.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your list, but Greer Martini unless he lays an egg makes the team. Right now he's Burks' primary back up. Also why are you keeping Hundley? I'm keeping the guy from UW Whitewater before I'm keeping Hundley, but no we keep 2 again. If Aaron goes down we bring in a quality back up to back up Kizer.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it, only things I would change in my opinion, I would cut Hundley and add Mays to the rbs, also would cut Davis and add MVS, I would also cut house and add Waters but that’s just because I am rooting hard for the guy lol.
I like the donnerson addition, he’s the biggest freak of nature on the team, lotto ticket player.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pretty good guess.

Like others, I’d be surprised if they kept three QB’s.

With how much Pettine likes to use DL, I’m guessing they keep that least six.

Did I miss Donnerson moving to ILB or is that just your projection?

I would bet money that Whitehead makes it over Rollins.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like your list, but Greer Martini unless he lays an egg makes the team. Right now he's Burks' primary back up. Also why are you keeping Hundley? I'm keeping the guy from UW Whitewater before I'm keeping Hundley, but no we keep 2 again. If Aaron goes down we bring in a quality back up to back up Kizer.

Martini might have a shot to make the roster after Ryan suffered a season ending injury but it's definitely not a sure thing. Boyle, the fourth quarterback on the depth chart, played collegiate ball at Eastern Kentucky.

WR Jake Kumerow attended UW-Whitewater.

I like it, only things I would change in my opinion, I would cut Hundley and add Mays to the rbs, also would cut Davis and add MVS, I would also cut house and add Waters but that’s just because I am rooting hard for the guy lol.

Who do you have returning punts if Davis is cut???

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you have returning punts if Davis is cut???

Kicks Monty. Punts, I’m not positive, either Alexander, or train MVS. Maybe even consider Cobb again. I just don’t like one player being retained simply for returning punts, if the position is that important where we have one guy coming back to do it then it shouldn’t be out of the question to have Cobb doing it imo and he’s said he wants to do it again every yr.
https://www.247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Randall-Cobb-Green-Bay-Packers-wants-to-be-Packers-punt-returner-105581085/Amp/

D

Deleted member 6794

Kicks Monty. Punts, I’m not positive, either Alexander, or train MVS. Maybe even consider Cobb again. I just don’t like one player being retained simply for returning punts, if the position is that important where we have one guy coming back to do it then it shouldn’t be out of the question to have Cobb doing it imo and he’s said he wants to do it again every yr.
https://www.247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Randall-Cobb-Green-Bay-Packers-wants-to-be-Packers-punt-returner-105581085/Amp/

The Packers shouldn't risk Alexander or Cobb getting injured while returning punts. Valdes-Scantling didn't return a single punt in college there it's close to impossible to have him being efficient in that role this season. Like it or not, Davis will make the roster solely based on his performance on special teams.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good guess.

Like others, I’d be surprised if they kept three QB’s.

With how much Pettine likes to use DL, I’m guessing they keep that least six.

Did I miss Donnerson moving to ILB or is that just your projection?

I would bet money that Whitehead makes it over Rollins.
They could easily keep 3 qbs on the roster especially if they all play like last night and continue to progress. You have to have weekly inactives so I would guess Hundley stays active at the beginning of the year and Kizer is a weekly inactive to continue to learn. And now I would bet we keep Boyle on practice squad. In my roster I threw Donnerson at ILB only because I see a few of our OLB’s being used inside once in awhile due to the lack of ILB depth. Clay could move inside, Donnerson to show some pass rush, and if Beigel doesn’t start showing something maybe he would be a good option. After last night I’m going to move Davis out and put MVS in for now but I hope he comes back and proves to be effective on punts. My best scenario for that would be keep 7 wr’s. Adams, Cobb, Geronimo, and Davis would be active in every week and then 1 or two of the 3 rookies would be inactive each week. I still think we can stash Kumerow on the PS. He’s older and has already beeen passed on by most teams but he would be a nice backup to have on the PS if someone goes down to bring up for a few weeks. Just not enough upside to get real excited about if he does go somewhere else. Finally, I want them to just make Rollins a safety and leave him there for a few weeks. If he continues to stink then cut him but let’s give him a true shot there. Can’t play CB so let’s try something else.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could easily keep 3 qbs on the roster especially if they all play like last night and continue to progress. You have to have weekly inactives so I would guess Hundley stays active at the beginning of the year and Kizer is a weekly inactive to continue to learn. And now I would bet we keep Boyle on practice squad. In my roster I threw Donnerson at ILB only because I see a few of our OLB’s being used inside once in awhile due to the lack of ILB depth. Clay could move inside, Donnerson to show some pass rush, and if Beigel doesn’t start showing something maybe he would be a good option. After last night I’m going to move Davis out and put MVS in for now but I hope he comes back and proves to be effective on punts. My best scenario for that would be keep 7 wr’s. Adams, Cobb, Geronimo, and Davis would be active in every week and then 1 or two of the 3 rookies would be inactive each week. I still think we can stash Kumerow on the PS. He’s older and has already beeen passed on by most teams but he would be a nice backup to have on the PS if someone goes down to bring up for a few weeks. Just not enough upside to get real excited about if he does go somewhere else. Finally, I want them to just make Rollins a safety and leave him there for a few weeks. If he continues to stink then cut him but let’s give him a true shot there. Can’t play CB so let’s try something else.
PS isn't technically on the roster though and any other team could sign him away at that point. Technically if it was Kizer and Hundley, with Boyle on PS that's only "keeping" 2 on the roster.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS isn't technically on the roster though and any other team could sign him away at that point. Technically if it was Kizer and Hundley, with Boyle on PS that's only "keeping" 2 on the roster.
Lol. Well yeah but I think it’s pretty safe to say the Rodgers guy is probably safe on the roster for now. He better get his butt in their soon though and show us what he’s got.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if he earns a spot that would add up to three. But if he doesn't play how can he earn a spot... :)

I can't even lie, when I read your response about Kizer, Hundley and putting Boyle on PS as 3, I didn't even think of Rodgers LOL. Apparently i've gotten so good at living life without Rodgers I forgot he was still around. I'm pathetic.

But in my defense, I was up late trying to run a new gas line over to a new stove we got because my wife dropped a can of beans on an electric stove top that had a glass covering and it shattered. So we switched to gas. I had connected it all without the cabinets slid back and installed so I had to undo it all anyway and run it thru the bases of the cabinets, but that was planned. So I was up at 4 this morning to finish that so I could make the kids breakfast before leaving for work. My wife can fend for herself. It's a weak excuse, but it's what i got.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It's not that they couldn't keep three, but I would be surprised. It's become pretty rare for teams to do that, and it's typically only done when there's uncertainty regarding the starter. They will probably be able to get Boyle to the p.s., so they'd still have some depth.

I don't think they'd keep an OLB as their only ILB backup. I think a true inside linebacker, either one of the young guys or someone not currently on the roster, will be the backup to Martinez and Burks.

I agree that seven wide receivers is a distinct possibility while Jones is suspended. I wish someone else was a capable punt returner, because that's all that's really saving Davis at this point. They could try to sneak one of the young guys down to the p.s. once Jones comes back.

In my opinion, Rollins can't play. Anywhere. I think they're moving him around just trying to see if they can salvage some value but it's not working.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After last night I’m going to move Davis out and put MVS in for now but I hope he comes back and proves to be effective on punts. My best scenario for that would be keep 7 wr’s. Adams, Cobb, Geronimo, and Davis would be active in every week and then 1 or two of the 3 rookies would be inactive each week. I still think we can stash Kumerow on the PS. He’s older and has already beeen passed on by most teams but he would be a nice backup to have on the PS if someone goes down to bring up for a few weeks. Just not enough upside to get real excited about if he does go somewhere else.

BIG disagree. Aaron Rodgers knows these guys better than anyone on this forum and he is really big on Kumerow. Unless Kumerow just implodes over the next 3 weeks, Rodgers will get his man. Davis is the long shot. He's worthless as a WR. I'll predict 7 WRs again and I'll go with Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS and ESB. If they keep 6, then ESB goes to the PS.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But in my defense, I was up late trying to run a new gas line over to a new stove we got because my wife dropped a can of beans on an electric stove top that had a glass covering and it shattered. So we switched to gas. I had connected it all without the cabinets slid back and installed so I had to undo it all anyway and run it thru the bases of the cabinets, but that was planned. So I was up at 4 this morning to finish that so I could make the kids breakfast before leaving for work. My wife can fend for herself. It's a weak excuse, but it's what i got.

Jeesh.....I mean I have heard a lot of excuses in my days but this is the first I have heard:

"Forgive me, my wife dropped a can of beans and now I have gas" :coffee:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
BIG disagree. Aaron Rodgers knows these guys better than anyone on this forum and he is really big on Kumerow. Unless Kumerow just implodes over the next 3 weeks, Rodgers will get his man. Davis is the long shot. He's worthless as a WR. I'll predict 7 WRs again and I'll go with Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS and ESB. If they keep 6, then ESB goes to the PS.

Who returns punts?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Who returns punts?

Davis by default...possibly.

My guess, the Packers are going to use the remaining time before cuts, to try and find a better alternative to Davis, but if they don't, Davis will almost have to be kept. One thing we all don't get to see are practices and who they are putting back there. Rollins didn't look comfortable back there last night, so I doubt he becomes the man. I wonder if they have ever tried Monty? Monty seems like the most logical guy to return both kickoffs and punts. A guy that provides that, plus be a decent backup at RB and in a real pinch WR, is a lot more valuable then a guy who does nothing much other than return punts and plays gunner IMO.

If Davis hasn't improved his skills as a WR, I would prefer someone else step up and earn the return job.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, Cobb and Geronimo are all set.

Valdes-Scantling has done himself some good here after Game 1. Time for Moore and other rookie WR's to play catch up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe a lot of scouts and myself were/are wrong about EQ, but I really like the potential of the guy and see him as one of the 3 rookie WR's that the Packers will not risk losing by trying to get him to the PS. However, if some of his college crap of not working well with coaches hasn't changed, then he probably will be jettisoned in favor of a guy like Moore or MVS.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Davis by default...possibly.

My guess, the Packers are going to use the remaining time before cuts, to try and find a better alternative to Davis, but if they don't, Davis will almost have to be kept. One thing we all don't get to see are practices and who they are putting back there. Rollins didn't look comfortable back there last night, so I doubt he becomes the man. I wonder if they have ever tried Monty? Monty seems like the most logical guy to return both kickoffs and punts. A guy that provides that, plus be a decent backup at RB and in a real pinch WR, is a lot more valuable then a guy who does nothing much other than return punts and plays gunner IMO.

If Davis hasn't improved his skills as a WR, I would prefer someone else step up and earn the return job.

I agree, Montgomery makes sense in a lot of ways, but I have never heard of him getting a shot there. Seems like if it was going to happen he would have had a chance at some point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree, Montgomery makes sense in a lot of ways, but I have never heard of him getting a shot there. Seems like if it was going to happen he would have had a chance at some point.

Agreed. I am just going off casual observation and haven't paid super close attention, but it seems like most teams use different guys for kickoff and punt returns? To the casual fan, they seem like similar duties, but obviously require a different skill set? Maybe a more allusive guy on punts and a guy with better straight line speed on kicks? Possibly the way the ball is coming off the punters foot is trickier to handle? Would be nice to have a Devin Hester like guy, someone who can do both jobs really well, but you don't see a lot of duel threats like him.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also wonder if they have tried MVS. All we here about his explosiveness and game breaking speed. Seems useful for returning kicks. Kickoffs are easier but I hope they give him a shot on PR a few time too. I would love to drop Davis from my roster prediction and put in MVS. So much more upside! For my prediction Davis was the safer bet at the time but definitely gonna have to update and repost here after the first game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I also wonder if they have tried MVS. All we here about his explosiveness and game breaking speed. Seems useful for returning kicks. Kickoffs are easier but I hope they give him a shot on PR a few time too. I would love to drop Davis from my roster prediction and put in MVS. So much more upside! For my prediction Davis was the safer bet at the time but definitely gonna have to update and repost here after the first game.

It would be great if MVS could return punts. But he never did it in college and they haven’t tried him there in camp. He doesn’t profile as the type at all. It’s very rare to find PR guys who are that tall and long.

In fairness to Davis, this is only his 3rd camp and he made some plays at receiver before the hamstring popped up. We are all excited for Kumerow, and rightfully so to an extent, but he’s actually been in the league longer than Davis and is seemingly just getting things figured out. So it’s possible that Davis isn’t the total non-factor at receiver that many have assumed. In any case, I think people better get used to the idea of him on the roster because I think it’s happening.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't Rollins function as a returner? I know he was **** poor yesterday, but given his youth I see them keeping him over House tbf. This would also make room for Davis to be cut and MVS to be added. Moore to be stashed on the PS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts