1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers vs Brett 52 starts inlcuding post season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Looks really good...

3.5 seasons worth? Not sure

Where is that guy....realpackerbacker? lol
    r vs b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,068
    If Rogers' teams can win a couple more Championships, there will be no argument about who's more valuable. But we lost a golden opportunity last year, and a lot of it was the poor play of the offense. Remember, even Bart lost one Championship game, so I'll give that one to Rogers.

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Why dredge this up in-season?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Was a feed on my facebook from Jason Wilde? Or ESPN

Thought was interesting

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    Those numbers would be significantly higher now in Rodgers favor after last season

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Burt turned the ball over in the most crucial times. Rodgers doesn't. Enough said.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Both great QB's (Rodgers is more my kind of QB)... not interested in arguing the merits of either since one is retired and the other is QB1 of the Green Bay Packers and the reigning MVP...I like our current guy.

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Better yet, why dredge this up at all? Seriously, can't we just be done with the whole Favre vs. Rodgers debate? Who gives a flying fart in space?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    can we get an update?

10. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I do. I think Brent FrVer is the most classless idiot to wear the Packer's uniform in my lifetime. He's a complete POS that did his best to rip the franchise and its fans apart. I welcome any and all information people want to post and talk about that prove how brilliant Ted Thompson was in dumping Burt's pathetic azz. I love it that Farver supporters are being made more and more to look like complete fools with every passing season! :tup::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    ...and this season! NOT-EVEN-CLOSE.

12. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    NMF--We get it you hate Favre. Not sure how people who appreciate the on field contributions look like fools. Statistics are statistics and are factual. And yes, that includes interceptions.

1st ballot HOFer/Number to be retired. Do some extra squat thrusts so that you're in shape to stand up and boo for 3 hours when the number goes up in Lambeau.

13. searmh

searmh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    favre and rodgers both brilliant QBs comparing the two is pointless, without them both, the packers wouldnt be half the team they have been over the years.

14. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    On point and logical.

15. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I "appreciated" every single thing he did up until the time he made a hard left turn and became an idiot and a complete parody of himself. The guy is a POS in every sense of the word.

If you choose to openly show your affection for the idiot that's on you. The guy put himself before the team in every way...from giving the Lions our playbook to maneuvering to get traded to the Vikqueens. THAT is somebody YOU think deserves a standing ovation in Lambeau?

Go ahead and cheer when his number is retired. Be sure to wear green crocks and maybe you can borrow Deanna's "thanks Ted" jersey.

16. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I will represent myself as a knowledgable fan as always when I set foot into Lambeau. I didn't say I would stand and provide an over the top ovation--That's what you think will happen.

You have stated that you will boo. Feel free. However, don't throw out the crap of crocs and Deanna jerseys at me. It's ridiculous. Grow up.

17. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Really? Please explain what's "ridiculous". That some Packer fans STILL stick up for Dr. Crockenstein is "ridiculous". His crimes against the Packer nation should never be forgiven. It warms my heart that FINALLY the majority of Packer fans have seen the light.

Please show where I "stated I would boo". Fact is, I wouldn't attend any event that honors that POS.

18. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Didn't realize that you were the judge and jury of the Packer Nation.

Not a function of sticking up for Favre. Simply acknowledging that without his play and ability to attract FA because he contributed to making GB a contender and eventually a SB winner.

Why don't you become the judge for the off field activities of Hornung, McGee, Taylor, Lofton, Chmura and Curly Lambeau for that matter? Extend the hate to others who had marginal off field decision making.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I state my opinion and I'm "judge and jury". You state your opinion and it's what? "Just your opinion"?

Hmmmmmm...that's kind of odd isn't it?

I'm more than pleased to debate you on this if you really want...because all you do is continue to prove my point about how insanely non-analytical Brent apologists are. (Please don't tell me you're not one...because you are)

Please tell me what Hornung, McGee, Taylor, Lofton, Chmura or Curly Lambeau did against the Packer franchise that should cause Packer fans to feel the way we do with Burnt. Please share.

You must be talking about Brenter's pill popping drunken behavior huh? Ya, I never even mentioned that did I? Wow... you're kind of judgmental aren't you that YOU went there?

Make sure to include a long rambling say nothing diatribe about how childish I am for not spelling Brenter Fvevefr's name right. That's always a fantastic go-to card with Brentr apologists that can't justify their stance.

20. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    You're right. Your intellect and debate skills are far superior to mine. Carry on. Be bitter.

21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,864
    In 1950, with the Packers in desperate need of money Lambeau said he had four investors who were willing to put up $50,000 each, provided the team was transferred from public to private ownership. Many fans and executive committee members believed that Lambeau intended to move the franchise to the West Coast.

I think the off-field troubles some of the players you mentioned above are pretty well documented, but trying to move the team out of Green Bay should be considered th worst thing ever.

22. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Good move. ...but "bitter" is not the word I would use. Grateful...or maybe thankful? Appreciative? Hmmmm

Maybe blessed? I don't know what word I would use to describe my feelings that we have Aaron Rodgers as our QB and kick the Bears azz year in and year out and Brent is an afterthought in the rear view mirror with tire tracks down his back.

23. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    Brent was part of the ascent of the early 90's, and the post-Holmgren basic decline of a championship caliber team. To me, when Reggie went to Carolina, that move basically exposed the writing on the wall. The one key difference when comparing BF and AR is this glaring stat: Int's. AR is a superior QB in that crucial category. Holmgren kept Favre from himself most of the time. When he left, it became a free-for-all. AR has better self control, always has, always will. So many people love Brent for that - the gambler, the risk taker. Some times I watched it and admired it, but most of the time that tendency of Brent's made for disaster in the end. Ask yourself this: with Favre's teams, how would AR have faired? For some reason, my gut tells me more than 1 trophy.

• Like Like x 2
  24. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Shall we go back to City Stadium and tear down the Curly statue NMF? What is your judgement?

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,864
    Geez, calm down. The point I was trying to make is that Packers fans should appreciate what Favre did on the field for the team although I will never forgive him for what he did afterwards. Just like we do with Lambeau although he didn't leave the Packers on good terms either.