Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But would trading be capitulation? Or would it be us moving on and using that method to build for the future? We gotta look beyond the short term drama and make the engine run at warp 10 speed for years to come.
That opinion has been stated enough times in here... I already conceded that most people in here probably adhere to it... I do not.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed...
I know this is an unpopular position, but I would let him sit. I realize most people would just want to trade him for value. I would sacrifice that to send a message back that the contract is still binding and the team is not going to capitulate.
What makes anyone think that he could possibly be with the Packers after all this bs. How can he be trusted? He has already shown how vindictive he can be. He is obviously willing to sabotage this organization. Let him sit and rot. Two can play the revenge game. He doesn't have the sack to come back to Green Bay after the crap he has pulled.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Letting him sit will allow us to evaluate both the other QBs better. Aaron can come back after that. Assuming he wants to play football. And who knows? He was kind of limping all season. His wheels are not the same. Maybe it is just his way of saying good-bye.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don’t know if this counts but.. here we go

I once dropped a quarter in the toilet after taking a dump. Hardly worth going after it. So I went ahead and threw several rare coins from my Grandpa’s coin collection in with it. It made it so much more worth it going through that poopy water.
But I’ve never liked coin collections since. A rare Indian head Penny makes me want to throw up

I guess what I’m trying to say is.. just flush the toilet when it stinks

Have you been out in the sun without your hat mate ?

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate #12. I think he's a great player & been good for the Pack BUT if he wants out let him go.

we all know in our day to day lives if there is someone in your company or department or family who doesn't want to be there it will have an effect (affect?) on morale. Sometimes you have to let good people go because their heart isn't in it anymore

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade him. Trade him now while he's still worth something.

Or put up with another couple of years of his endless ******' and pouting.

Couple of first rounders and a second rounder or two + a stud defensive lineman would be sufficient compensation.

The Green Bay Packers are an iconic franchise, much bigger than just one man.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre did similar with is I might retire I might not. Then he did then Favre wanted back. we know how it turned out. I do remember the hate towards Rodgers & the front office as most wanted Favre to be given his role back.
is history repeating?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m gonna tell y’all something.

Go outside. Enjoy the weather. Play a game. Unplug from all the Rodgers news. Whether he plays for GB or not, won’t make a difference in the day to day life or anybody here. So do whatever it takes to just enjoy the day.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let the game of Chicken begin and I think if both sides dig their heels in, we won't see Rodgers playing anywhere in 2021. Which might not be a bad thing for the Packers. Yes, one less year of AR in the NFL, but...
  • his 2021 salary is saved and doesn't count against cap
  • potentially get back workout and other prepaid money
  • if he played this year for GB with the understanding it was his final year, Packers risk him getting injured, possibly lessoning his trade value.
Putting him on the trading block in 2022 would allow a few things:
  • Packers know their future needs (target players in trade)
  • Packers know what 2022 draft picks will be worth, i.e. the teams will have finished the season.
  • More teams looking for QB's.
Right now, the trade market is limited to teams that have question marks at QB and that isn't as many as you would see at the end of a season. So more teams, more bidding him up. Yes, he will be a year older, but well rested, the 2 things might just wash.

Would you call AR's potential Bluff, risk him thinking that retirement isn't half bad and he decides he is done for good and we get nothing?

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m gonna tell y’all something.

Go outside. Enjoy the weather. Play a game. Unplug from all the Rodgers news. Whether he plays for GB or not, won’t make a difference in the day to day life or anybody here. So do whatever it takes to just enjoy the day.

That's great advice for some people Gary But what if what I enjoy is all the Rodgers news. Plus its going to he warm today. I don't do warm. I do cool just like my mommas basement. I'm not real big fan of games either. I don't like losing so I usually choose not to play. Other than that its great advice.

Seriously it is great advice.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, the trade market is limited to teams that have question marks at QB and that isn't as many as you would see at the end of a season. So more teams, more bidding him up. Yes, he will be a year older, but well rested, the 2 things might just wash.

Would you call AR's potential Bluff, risk him thinking that retirement isn't half bad and he decides he is done for good and we get nothing?
IF AR chooses to sit '21 out he still has the option to mandate a trade ONLY to certain teams so that would limit bidding-war. The FO & AR's "people" need to have a heart to heart & find out does AR want to continue playing. If he wants to play the FO has an obligation to maximize his value - either remaining a Packer & playing 100% as in the past OR trading him now & getting picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IF AR chooses to sit '21 out he still has the option to mandate a trade ONLY to certain teams so that would limit bidding-war.

While Rodgers doesn't hold that kind of power, that I know of, you could be right in that he might say "well if you trade me to those guys, I won't play and they now know it."

Again, we are getting into Rodgers using "unwritten powers" because he thinks he can, not because he was given those powers by the Packers in his contract.

I understand not wanting to give into a "trade me or I don't play" demand, but the longer it drags out, I think the less we get and thus would favor trading him sooner than later if he is done. I only mentioned that its an option (letting him sit out 2021) that is in the Packers back pocket and Rodgers knows it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great advice for some people Gary But what if what I enjoy is all the Rodgers news. Plus its going to he warm today. I don't do warm. I do cool just like my mommas basement. I'm not real big fan of games either. I don't like losing so I usually choose not to play. Other than that its great advice.

Seriously it is great advice.

AC is legitimately one of the greatest inventions in the world. I hate the heat. I figure I can always warm up, can only take off so many clothes, and then I’m still sweaty, and not very appealing.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for no trade in 2021. If Rodgers wants to sit out the year--fine. I would only consider trading him before the 2022 draft and only after he sat out all of 2021 and the Packers are able recoup his March 2021 roster bonus and not pay him for the year.*

*and my preference is that he stops pouting and comes back to play for the Packers at least one more year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's dumb to keep paying a player who holds out. Gets you nothing and potentially sets you back.

Now if he retires, well that's another thing that puts him at a disadvantage more than us.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now if he retires, well that's another thing that puts him at a disadvantage more than us.

I would be more upset at Gute to allow this to happen (let Rodgers retire), then if he just caves and trades him. I know some are just fine with saying "Fine, be that way and go ahead and retire." Not only does doing that hurt the team in all of that lost upfront investment, but it hurts the team not getting the compensation that a trade would bring. I also think the black mark it will leave on the organization in the eyes of players, fans and the media are not worth forcing one of the top NFL players of all times, to bow out of the game years ahead of when he would have had to.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for no trade in 2021. If Rodgers wants to sit out the year--fine. I would only consider trading him before the 2022 draft and only after he sat out all of 2021 and the Packers are able recoup his March 2021 roster bonus and not pay him for the year.*

*and my preference is that he stops pouting and comes back to play for the Packers at least one more year.

Your preference only hurts the Packers. Why wouldn't the Packers want a trade in 2021 that helps the team? Hurting the team in 2021 to stick it to Rodgers is what Mark Wahlberg does in a movie about some run down Boston kid; not what a well run organization does.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Letting him sit will allow us to evaluate both the other QBs better. Aaron can come back after that. Assuming he wants to play football. And who knows? He was kind of limping all season. His wheels are not the same. Maybe it is just his way of saying good-bye.
I'll take a "limping" MVP quarterback.

Members online

Latest posts