Rodgers miffed about loss of Van Pelt

beehive555

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this even a discussion? Cause some sports networks decided to churn up some talk that the Packers and Rodgers are at odds? Its a joke, both sides are in the same boat and figuring out a new extension. That's all that needs to be known and frankly that's all that really matters in my opinion.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greenbay better throw their strategy, and logic aside, and pay this guy. There is one guy who needs to be happy, motivated, and thinking about playing to 40+...,you stress him out and all of a sudden he wants to mix tapes, and work out his perfect 10 girlfriend on a private island. instead of working out in GB, putting up with corporate bull crap. ..
Anyone else? Eh. We can live without them... #12? We need that **** feeling the mojo.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Backpedalling? Go ahead. Pull up the quote where you thinking he was going to the media.

How about you check all the quotes he's made over the past year. I'll make it easy; see "Van Pelt" and "nelson". Keep pretending this is all a brand new thing concocted by the sports media.

D

Deleted member 6794

no it doesn't. foles? lol.
i'm saying there are several teams better than the Packers, we don't have the cap room to get any better, that this year (if cle was agreeable) there is a golden opportunity to get a big head start on the rebuild you know is coming, and that the cap issues would be over for several years, if an aging, questionably durable Rodgers was traded. that's what i'm saying. if it doesn't happen this year they'll just end up doing it the hard way.

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest trading Rodgers to start a rebuild as a lot of teams struggle to find a decent starting quarterback even by consistently drafting early in the first round.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't it funny how every team wants/needs a franchise QB, so few have them, and here we sit with one of the best ever and we have folks who want to trade him? The whole idea is hope you're fortunate enough to have one. Not look to trade him as soon as you do.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
even the great players need to be reminded, they're still just players

Spoken like the professional he is. He understands what's going on and he knows what he can control and needs to do. all this "miffed" and "disgruntled" stuff, is just "stuff" to get clicks
He most certainly conducted himself like the professional he is, but to suggest that he wasn't miffed initially about the loss of Van Pelt specifically is just inaccurate, as evidenced by him feeling the need to speak about it publicly. That wasn't something the media pulled out of thin air. That was Rodgers calling out the Packers organization, without question. If he wasn't miffed about it, he never would have spoke about it.

But now it's in the rearview mirror and it's time for everyone to move forward, which it seems Rodgers is doing.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about you check all the quotes he's made over the past year. I'll make it easy; see "Van Pelt" and "nelson". Keep pretending this is all a brand new thing concocted by the sports media.

Here you go...

"My quarterback coach didn't get retained. I thought that was an interesting change, really without consulting me. There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach, and that was an interesting decision."

and

"I think it's pretty clear that players play and coaches coach and personnel people make their decisions,"

Pretty decent for an interview, I'd say. He managed to convey his feelings without making it a media spectacle. It's just media and some fans who indulge in these fake outrages most times.

It's just ridiculous to tell AR12 to **** over above quotes. Just plain nonsense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He most certainly conducted himself like the professional he is, but to suggest that he wasn't miffed initially about the loss of Van Pelt specifically is just inaccurate, as evidenced by him feeling the need to speak about it publicly. That wasn't something the media pulled out of thin air. That was Rodgers calling out the Packers organization, without question. If he wasn't miffed about it, he never would have spoke about it.

But now it's in the rearview mirror and it's time for everyone to move forward, which it seems Rodgers is doing.
It certainly is the media driving this. They're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I'm sure he was mad, upset, pissed off, sad or any other number of emotions when he found out his friend and coach was not retained and then again later when his good friend and teammate was let go. Why wouldn't he feel those things. Never said he didn't, in fact I said "I'm sure he didn't like it" when they weren't kept around. he's not a robot. But I don't think at any point this caused a rift to be growing, make him less likely to be here a while, more likely to request a trade or release or any of the other things the media was trying to read into or pull out of this non story. and then they pull it back up when asked a question about the loss of Jordy. he wanted to let people know Jordy was very important to him, and any little thing the media could grab from his statement, they used to bring up Van Pelt not getting a new contract too and what it means to Rodgers career in GB.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-emotional-over-packers-lack-of-communication

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-things-can-get-contentious-aaron-rodgers-packers-044920881.html

Seems this still is simmering.... I find it strange that a team would not have better communication with its franchise QB over key decisions that directly affect the QB. It's not like they need AR12 to approve it, but more effective communication would make things easier for everyone and keep the key players involved in the team.

From what I read, MM says AvP was looking for OC opportunities...and he signed for Bengals who got another brand new OC. Perhaps it's some tussle between MM and AvP that led to AR12 being cut out of the loop? It'd be weird and plain bad to have this issue between MM and AR12 affecting this season.

They shouldn't have to talk to Brett Lorenzo Rodgers to make changes. They should as management be able to do whatever the way with their company without having to ask labor's (Rodgers) permission. Face it he's a DIVA.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
My goodness.

Danica Patrick in the sack, $100M in the bank, and get to play football for a living.

We should all be so "miffed".
This sort of comment always amuses me. Yes, he's quite fortunate to play a game that he loves, and get paid quite well to do so, and he's dating a gorgeous, well known woman who happens to be financially well off as well. But does that mean he shouldn't take his job seriously? Does that mean he shouldn't let things tick him off? He knows what he's worth, and he's never been one to shy away from addressing something that he feels is important regarding the Packers, or otherwise.

I'd be worried if our starting quarterback had the attitude of "I have life made so I don't give a ****".

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sort of comment always amuses me. Yes, he's quite fortunate to play a game that he loves, and get paid quite well to do so, and he's dating a gorgeous, well known woman who happens to be financially well off as well. But does that mean he shouldn't take his job seriously? Does that mean he shouldn't let things tick him off? He knows what he's worth, and he's never been one to shy away from addressing something that he feels is important regarding the Packers, or otherwise.

I'd be worried if our starting quarterback had the attitude of "I have life made so I don't give a ****".

Such are the vagaries of the internet, because that's not what I'm saying at all.

Moreso that he doesn't have to worry about paying the mortgage, or how or when he's going to retire, or even if he's ever going to get LAID again the rest of his life.

You know, things that trouble us lowly inhabitants of northern Wisconsin.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Such are the vagaries of the internet, because that's not what I'm saying at all.

Moreso that he doesn't have to worry about paying the mortgage, or how or when he's going to retire, or even if he's ever going to get LAID again the rest of his life.

You know, things that trouble us lowly inhabitants of northern Wisconsin.
The implication was that he shouldn't be miffed because of how fortunate he is in life. I just fundamentally disagree with that comment.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They shouldn't have to talk to Brett Lorenzo Rodgers to make changes. They should as management be able to do whatever the way with their company without having to ask labor's (Rodgers) permission. Face it he's a DIVA.

How do you change a QB coach without consulting the QB? Not asking for approval, but surely there must be some discussions before making changes that will directly impact the QB himself.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest trading Rodgers to start a rebuild as a lot of teams struggle to find a decent starting quarterback even by consistently drafting early in the first round.
We need a stronger word than "ridiculous".... preposterous maybe.... no still not strong enough....

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't it funny how every team wants/needs a franchise QB, so few have them, and here we sit with one of the best ever and we have folks who want to trade him? The whole idea is hope you're fortunate enough to have one. Not look to trade him as soon as you do.
i'm not saying trade 2009 Rodgers. i'm saying maybe think long term and trade 2018 Rodgers (in this one scenario, i outlined earlier, ONLY) while he has value.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatever. i don't care either way. i'm just seeing the reality and thinking long term.

I don't really think you are seeing the reality. This team is far from a rebuild and none of us want to sit on the bottom of the division for the next several seasons.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really think you are seeing the reality. This team is far from a rebuild and none of us want to sit on the bottom of the division for the next several seasons.
Exactly.... In the history of the NFL there have been how many starting QBs... and right now the Packers have one of the very best ever.... so yeah let's just trade him away and start rebuilding because .... yeah let's look to the future .....wow.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
i'm not saying trade 2009 Rodgers. i'm saying maybe think long term and trade 2018 Rodgers (in this one scenario, i outlined earlier, ONLY) while he has value.
You've got Tom Brady playing at a high level at nearly 41 years of age. You do not trade a 34 year old quarterback who is universally recognized as at worst a top 2 quarterback in the National Football League.

Looking toward the future? The man could play 5-7 more years. LMAO. Just stop it.

In the NFL, if you have the opportunity to compete for Super Bowls, you milk every damn season you possibly can while you have that opportunity. And as long as we have #12 behind center, we're always a threat to win it all.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant replace 12 until you have a successor. Just like they couldnt replace 4 until they had 12.

Members online

Latest posts