Rodgers attitude towards teammates

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about Rodgers chewing out his teammates on the field? Its something we didnt see from Brett really, so for GB its different.

I personally have no problem with him laying into rookies or 2nd year players but he needs to watch it with DD.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if he had a Peyton moment on the sideline at some point in his career. Again not the worst thing in the world, just means he lets his emotions out time to time.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, as long as he can take it as good as he can give it and as long as he is holding up his end of things, I have no problem with it. Also as long as the players don't have a problem with it, why should we? In fact, it may motivate some of those guys who look up to Aaron as a leader. Sometimes as a leader you have to be hard and yes, get in their face and holler. Even Kitna of the Cowboys was hollering at his kicker when he missed a FG at the half. Sometimes you have to put on the **** hat to provoke a response and let us hope it is a motivational one and doesn't lead to hurt feelings or resentment.

As for DD, that is between Aaron and DD. Both are big boys and both can hold their own. With DD's TD in the San Fran game, I'd have to think they have nothing but love for DD!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen him do it, quite frankly.

And if he's doing it, it's great. Because he's also celebrating with them in every touchdown, every touchdown he runs to his receivers or RBs and gives them a headbutt.

Rodgers has earned the leadership role he didn't have in 08.

He's not only the leader of the O, and Woodson and Barnett the leaders of the D.

Rodgers is the leader of the players period.

Did you watch Tom Brady against the Jets? Yep, that's how a QB should be. All fired up, headbutting and hating the opponent. But also having a blast.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I seen him do it a few times and if he is 100% sure they did something wrong then go ahead and get mad..Maybe his team mates and coaches are okay with it and if they are who are we to judge

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR has already earned respect through his dedication, hard work, and humility. The reason chewing out teammates for QBs like Jeff George and Ryan Leaf doesn't work is because neither of those players had respect for their teammates. What is more, is none of their teammates respected them. When they did it the player wasn't shamed or angered into playing better, just made them more disenchanted with the team.

BF has a habit of throwing his teammates under the bus later in press conferences. He never says 'Rice ran the wrong route', but will say something less direct like "I'm not going to say its all the receivers fault, its a team sport." Which implies that he expects everyone to blame the WR but the blame should be shared. A better way to say it is "we weren't on the same page" which leaves it vague that the receiver ran the wrong route.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Did you watch Tom Brady against the Jets? Yep, that's how a QB should be. All fired up, headbutting and hating the opponent. But also having a blast.

Thats the first thing I thought of reading the first post! I recorded that part, as I've never seen Brady,..much less any QB that fired up! Wow!!! :blink: "I'll try harder next time! promise! :blink:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about Rodgers chewing out his teammates on the field? Its something we didnt see from Brett really, so for GB its different.

I personally have no problem with him laying into rookies or 2nd year players but he needs to watch it with DD.

I remember Brett doing it more than once to one of my favorite players a couple of times, Bill Schroeder ( led the team in receiving two straight years). Save it for the sidelines not on the field in front of 60,000 people.

Heck, Lombardi tried to do it to Starr once and Starr chased him of the field.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If he does so in a way to motivate them then yeah. Yes, because nothing is worse than after the game and seeing all the mistakes and wishing you could of done something to improve. Now if Aaron does it and it creates enemies then come up with a better approach, but if it works. Then I hope he doesn't just do it to **** them off.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I love when the guy in charge *****es at the clowns for being unprepared and ******** up.

I used to LOVE Dan Marino chewing out his guys. I know most people didn't like it, but I did.
I am a former point guard, and that's how I conducted business. I learned the plays, and expected the athletic 2-guards and small forwards to know them as well. Usually, they'd just try and rely on their athletic ability and play dumb out there.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen him do it, quite frankly.

And if he's doing it, it's great. Because he's also celebrating with them in every touchdown, every touchdown he runs to his receivers or RBs and gives them a headbutt.

Rodgers has earned the leadership role he didn't have in 08.

He's not only the leader of the O, and Woodson and Barnett the leaders of the D.

Rodgers is the leader of the players period.

Nicely put sir.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. LOVE it actually. Shows me he cares and is fired up. That's one of the thousands of knocks that I have against Jay Cutler. I really can't tell in the least if he give's a **** or not when he's out there...

That's twice now that Brady go crazy during a game with emotion. The other was I think against the Colts? He went nuts during that game too, chewing his guys out something fierce. I loved it!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Cutler only cries when things aren't going his way, thats the only emotion he shows.

The other thing is, Rodgers probably was carrying more weight than the rest of the team after Favre, and personally he did well carrying it.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The guys being a leader and I know our guys respect him. Chewing them out in public only reinforces the punishment. Our players aren't the type to get upset about it. Even DD who is one of the oldest, most respected players on the team knows his place and knows who to take orders from. We don't have a team of Mosses and Haynesworths.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with Rodgers being a perfectionist. He prepares well for every game and expects the same out of everyone else. He is ******* himself when he does bad and doesnt hide it at all. If a WR or RB runs the wrong route, he has every reason to bark at them and let them know. He has the respect of all the players now and he is now showing his leadership of the team. DD is also a leader of the team but he knew he screwed up too, I didnt find it wrong by any means

Members online

Latest posts