Robbie Gould

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was/am still a big defender of Mason Crosby. I know that his career numbers aren't stellar and last year was certainly abysmal, but we've had worse. He went from 85% to 58% percent in one year, which is what I call a bad year and not necessarily and indication of decline. "Wait, wasn't this a Robbie Gould thread....?"

Robbie Gould is upset like several other Bears that they are tight on money and not negotiating contracts. Many things can play out over this next season but he could become a free agent in 2014. If Crosby stinks it up again in 2013 and if Gould was an available free agent, would you want the Packers to pay Gould's price?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. In a heartbeat. Gould has been just that ... gold. Bears fans have almost zero fear, when Gould lines up to kick. Uh ... we can't say the same about Crosby. Nothing against the guy, but if he keeps this crap up, instead of calling him Mason Crosby, I may have to resort to a new name, such as Missin' Crossbars.

:rolleyes:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
YES YES YES. He is robbie good as gould. He is used to kicking in crappy conditions and is a solid kicker. There is no reason not to pick him up.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robbie would be 32 at the time of his free agency I believe. Sure, why not? Kickers can kick into their high thirties and this guy has been automatic for most of his career.

With that being said, there is a lot of time between now and then, and I don't see it happening.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I would do it just for the piece of mind that we would be solid at that position for a good amount of time. Not to mention the guy is automatic in clutch time and would be fun seeing him stick it to the teddy bears.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part of the Robbie Gould story is that the Bears are disintegrating under their GM, and 12 starters are heading out the door at the end of the year. What could be sweeter? I'm thinking that Crosby is over his yips and will have a great season anyway.

H

HardRightEdge

The best part of the Robbie Gould story is that the Bears are disintegrating under their GM, and 12 starters are heading out the door at the end of the year. What could be sweeter? I'm thinking that Crosby is over his yips and will have a great season anyway.

Crosby was 4-6 in practice today, missing from 50 and 53, with a make from 53. Tavecchio was 5-6, missing from 53, with makes from 50 and 53.

The kid's a bit of a long shot, especially since Crosby would be a $1.8 mil dead hit if we cut him. It's Crosby's job to lose, but lose he might if his missing ways continue into the preseason.

Members online

Latest posts