1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Robbie Gould

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jul 25, 2013.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,466
    I was/am still a big defender of Mason Crosby. I know that his career numbers aren't stellar and last year was certainly abysmal, but we've had worse. He went from 85% to 58% percent in one year, which is what I call a bad year and not necessarily and indication of decline. "Wait, wasn't this a Robbie Gould thread....?"

Robbie Gould is upset like several other Bears that they are tight on money and not negotiating contracts. Many things can play out over this next season but he could become a free agent in 2014. If Crosby stinks it up again in 2013 and if Gould was an available free agent, would you want the Packers to pay Gould's price?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    Yes. In a heartbeat. Gould has been just that ... gold. Bears fans have almost zero fear, when Gould lines up to kick. Uh ... we can't say the same about Crosby. Nothing against the guy, but if he keeps this crap up, instead of calling him Mason Crosby, I may have to resort to a new name, such as Missin' Crossbars.

:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    YES YES YES. He is robbie good as gould. He is used to kicking in crappy conditions and is a solid kicker. There is no reason not to pick him up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I'd rather draft a kicker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Robbie would be 32 at the time of his free agency I believe. Sure, why not? Kickers can kick into their high thirties and this guy has been automatic for most of his career.

With that being said, there is a lot of time between now and then, and I don't see it happening.

• Like Like x 1
  6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,466
    The hypothetical yes should include a price. We aren't picking him up for nothing in free agency.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I would do it just for the piece of mind that we would be solid at that position for a good amount of time. Not to mention the guy is automatic in clutch time and would be fun seeing him stick it to the teddy bears.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    The best part of the Robbie Gould story is that the Bears are disintegrating under their GM, and 12 starters are heading out the door at the end of the year. What could be sweeter? I'm thinking that Crosby is over his yips and will have a great season anyway.

9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Crosby was 4-6 in practice today, missing from 50 and 53, with a make from 53. Tavecchio was 5-6, missing from 53, with makes from 50 and 53.

The kid's a bit of a long shot, especially since Crosby would be a $1.8 mil dead hit if we cut him. It's Crosby's job to lose, but lose he might if his missing ways continue into the preseason.