Rip on TT and MM in here

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wonder if we could trade him for mike singletary...allthough having a hall of famer linebacker for the bears as a head coach would be very weird.At least he dosent roll over and play dead.

SAQHERT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have all the talent we need. The coaching is all messed up. You can clearly tell they are not being coached right. And we better play good because Jennings will leave.

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FavreFanForLife said:
I honestly do not know what TT was thinking when he traded Favre to the Jets. We were 13-2 last season, one play from the Big Game, and now we are 5-5 with almost no hope of going deep in the playoffs this year. Now I understand that Favre won't be around forever and the Pack needed to move on, but I think TT pushed Favre to retire when he wasn't ready. I do like the idea that when TT comes back from his "vacation" that he needs to look for a new GM since he can't seem to get the job done right. Let's trade our BEST QB we've had in the last 20 years or more and go with a guy who's never started a NFL game before. The team hasn't really changed from last season, so why change the QB when you were so close to the Bowl last season. Something tells me TT needs to check his ego and admit he was wrong to trade Favre based on how the season is going and how Favre is STILL playing.

I agree with your assessment - I also think it's doubtful we'll hear any admission of a mistake from TT. It takes a lot of character for one to admit he is wrong; my belief is that Thompson's ego far out-weighs his character. I hope I am wrong - but I doubt it.

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with 4rules, and on top of that its a mistake that a lot of people warned him about and he went ahead with it anyway. I just hope we get rid of the three stooges before they finnish running the franchise to the ground.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just wonder what would happen ,, if the pack didnt make the playoffs and nuber 4 takes the jetts to the bowl ??? would the packers managment be here next year ?? im sure the issues start at the top and trickle down to the field ... we have solid players ,, yet they struggle to make big plays ... is it the players ??? are we being out coached ??? or is mm a softy that lost the respect of the veteren players ??? the train has left the station ... i geuss it really did leave ... by the looks of things it left us in the dust ... that may have been the worst mistake in packers history ... if so i think the packers need to make changes ,,, pull this thing back together ... ill always be a packers fan so please read this and understand my frustration ... i believe TT and MM made a poor choice in there pic of qb for this year ... im not sayin Rodgers is a bad qb ,, i feel he is doing every thing he can out there ... i also believe no one wants us to win more than rodgers ...but from where i sit i think some of the mistakes of the packers managment may have really costed this team ... thats just yet to be seen ,,, i geuss we have to wait it out ....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike, I highly doubt they will be gone..

Who is to say they are not just following orders? I know its FAR FETCHED but there are some rumors floating around from wssp out of Milwaukee that Ted is being held from spending in free agency to help the profit at the end of the fiscal year.

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
i just wonder what would happen ,, if the pack didnt make the playoffs and nuber 4 takes the jetts to the bowl ??? would the packers managment be here next year ?? im sure the issues start at the top and trickle down to the field ... we have solid players ,, yet they struggle to make big plays ... is it the players ??? are we being out coached ??? or is mm a softy that lost the respect of the veteren players ??? the train has left the station ... i geuss it really did leave ... by the looks of things it left us in the dust ... that may have been the worst mistake in packers history ... if so i think the packers need to make changes ,,, pull this thing back together ... ill always be a packers fan so please read this and understand my frustration ... i believe TT and MM made a poor choice in there pic of qb for this year ... im not sayin Rodgers is a bad qb ,, i feel he is doing every thing he can out there ... i also believe no one wants us to win more than rodgers ...but from where i sit i think some of the mistakes of the packers managment may have really costed this team ... thats just yet to be seen ,,, i geuss we have to wait it out ....

you dont have to go that far...have you seen the jets schedule...? They have a real good chance of going 13-3. Do you guys imagine the jets going 13-3 and the pack missing the playoffs? I say we hang TT

bert1913

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's funny how a great qb makes a great coach, i wonder why mm is'nt a great coach anymore.

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bert1913 said:
it's funny how a great qb makes a great coach, i wonder why mm is'nt a great coach anymore.

Well said - not only accurate, but short and to-the-point. "Brevity is the essence of wit" Thanks bert

joeyharrington

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS TEAM WILL BE REAL REAL BAD FOR A LONG LONG TIME IN MY OPINION. I'M GOING TO START THE U-SUCK CHANT AND BOOING CHANT AT THE NEXT PACKER GAME ALL TOWARDS ARODGER/THOMPSON. LOOK FOR ME WITH AN A-ROD SUCKS SIGN.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
joeyharrington said:
THIS TEAM WILL BE REAL REAL BAD FOR A LONG LONG TIME IN MY OPINION. I'M GOING TO START THE U-SUCK CHANT AND BOOING CHANT AT THE NEXT PACKER GAME ALL TOWARDS ARODGER/THOMPSON. LOOK FOR ME WITH AN A-ROD SUCKS SIGN.

Question?

You are aware that your spending money that Rodgers and Ted are going to get when you go to a game?

So why bother if you hate them so much?

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets face it guys ... the train has left the station ... it headed to new york ... left us in the dust ... it will be real strange around here if we dont make the play offs ... the way i see it ,, we needed a win today ... we just couldent get it done ... i dont wanna dwell on the past ,,, but i cant remember what ray rohdes record was when we sent him packing ??? also for so long there was that argument about getting rid of Brett because he throws pics ,,, i havent done the math but isnt AR colse to throwing the same number of picks that brett threw so far this year ??? so ill just keep watching ,, i am a packers fan to the blody end .. i do feel TT and MM need to get outta town ... i believe what we are watching is POOR managment ,,, and nothing more than that ... i know some here believe TT is some kind of genus ,,, i assure you he is not ... our managment is poor at best ... our team went from a 13-3 power house to what could become a non playoff team for many years ... thats yet to be seen ... the way i see it we will have to win out the rest of the season just to have a shot at the playoffs ... and it gets better ,,, now we will also have to pray other teams loose a couple ...

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing will happen as usual. we will be stuck with same cast of misfits for next and just think we get another crop of TT stellar draft pics.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy will draft another bunch of nobodys and hope for another Jennings.
In the mean time he will ignore freeagency.
And don't give me the Pickett, Woodson arguement, that was a few years ago.
Time doesn't stand still for any genious.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Teddy will draft another bunch of nobodys and hope for another Jennings.
In the mean time he will ignore freeagency.
And don't give me the Pickett, Woodson arguement, that was a few years ago.
Time doesn't stand still for any genious.

so last year the D keeps us in games and wins us games..

This year the D can't do it and all of a sudden they suck?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's sad that we had to wait until we are 5-7 before Poppinga is moved to try to create a pass rush and a horrible punter is released.
Is there any leadership in this organization?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
It's sad that we had to wait until we are 5-7 before Poppinga is moved to try to create a pass rush and a horrible punter is released.
Is there any leadership in this organization?

What I've come to terms with is TT was OK with mediocrity for GB in '08. He knew he was in great shape after the '07 season so a slight to moderate downturn in '08 was going to be acceptable, especially with the NAME's retirement & a 1st-year QB.

IMHO an extra roster spot for a D-lineman is more appropriate than a 3rd spot for a TE. Neither Humphrey nor Finley have earned their roster spot so far in '08. Corey Williams may be part of a weak defensive unit in Cleveland now but in GB he was an integral part of what was a dynamic rotation of athletic D-lineman. Why TT chose not to pay a guy like Williams falls into line with TT's gamble that he could afford to have a mediocre team in '08.

TT knew Justin Harrell couldn't earn his roster spot, given his inability to stay healthy. Harrell was on the hot seat to step up. With a more versatile 3-technique guy like Corey Williams standing in the way it was obvious TT would be facing plenty of criticism with Harrell still unable to make enough of an impact in his 2nd season.

Sgt13Echo20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore!!! McCarthy is a lethargic unmotivated @#&^. We are lacking leadership, something Favre gave us………………. FIRE THOMPSON, McCARTHY, and MURPHY NOW!!!!

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...I guess the lobbying for both of them to be fired after today's game will increase exponentially. Even I'M having a hard time accepting how this team plays at this juncture.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
unfortunately they both signed big contracts last year....the staff is a different story.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good point, wiz. I will say we can use a new Defensive Coordinator. Maybe even an OFFENSIVE Coordinatior. Something needs to change to improve this team for next year. But I know everyone will be protesting that can that TT and MM should be fired.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams Coach, and Defensive Tackles Coach should be replaced

SAQHERT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT and MM don't get fired, I will not even watch them next year. MM was a joke from the start. People have to soon understand that Farve wAS the PACKERS. FACE IT, he was your team.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
not arguing your point at all SAQHERT but money talks. If they fail next year there out!

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SAQHERT said:
If TT and MM don't get fired, I will not even watch them next year. MM was a joke from the start. People have to soon understand that Farve wAS the PACKERS. FACE IT, he was your team.

I don't believe that for a second. Rodgers does just fine, now if someone will block for him it would be nice, the offensive line is like swiss cheese. Too many holes.
The problem with this team right now goes beyond Favre being here. It comes down to giving great field position to the opposing team, and us having to start deep in our own territory,the defensive line could not stop my grandmother from running through them, the new corners are having a hard time covering, the linebackers are not all that great. So from that, I don't see how a change of Quarterback makes a big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts