Rip on TT and MM in here

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
If you want to rip on TT for some of his drafts, fine. Most GMs screw up on draft day (even Wolf did). But I don't blame TT for Brett being gone. I think it was mostly MM that is responsible for Brett being in NJ. TT reinstated Brett on the roster last August but it was McCarthy who had those marathon talks with Favre last August and not TT. Evidently Brett couldn't convince MM that he was committed to playing for us this year so TT then traded him to the Jets. The head coach is the one who decides who starts and we couldn't have to starting caliber QBs on the roster right now. :(
are you on drugs? :eek: :eek: :eek:

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
starr15 said:
Pugger said:
If you want to rip on TT for some of his drafts, fine. Most GMs screw up on draft day (even Wolf did). But I don't blame TT for Brett being gone. I think it was mostly MM that is responsible for Brett being in NJ. TT reinstated Brett on the roster last August but it was McCarthy who had those marathon talks with Favre last August and not TT. Evidently Brett couldn't convince MM that he was committed to playing for us this year so TT then traded him to the Jets. The head coach is the one who decides who starts and we couldn't have to starting caliber QBs on the roster right now. :(
are you on drugs? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Watch it man.....thats getting to be a boarder line comment. Pugger is a very respected poster and you could not get the same amount of knowledge about the packers as she has in her pinky !

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past, I have on several occasions accused our HCs of tunnel vision for not making changes when it seems manifestively necessary. Now we'll see if MM will do something about our LBer play. Barnett has become a non-factor except when he can pile on. He's as much to blame for our inability to stop the run as anyone. He is being man-handled. This is now an on-going problem. But will MM make or even try a change. No, I don't believe he will. The fact that Hawk is also under-performing at WSB only adds to our problem. Barnett is complaining that teams are targetting him. Well, boo-hoo! That's new? How about switching those two positions? Can it hurt? Oh well, it won't be done so I'm tilting at windmills. Remember the classic definition of insanity? It applies here, IMO.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? No comments on the sterling game MM called? Like 5 WRs and no protection near our own goalline? (Twice?) Againest a vicious pass rush? (Two safties for 4 pointsin a game lost by 1 point,) Not making any changes in the OL when Clifton couldn't stop Allen unless he held him? (cost us one TD, BTW) Challenging a TD when it was a sure thing Minny would score anyway? (cost us a TO that could have been necessary) It's really tough to be out-coached by Childress, but MM managed to do it.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Too busy changing diapers at home but your correct our team was not prepared for this game.
All on the coaching staff.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...we can rip on the GM...we can rip on the Head Coach...but ultimately...it's the PLAYERS on the FIELD that make the difference. They KNEW what was at stake...and the O-LINE messed it up...Rodgers had some mistakes, and while the D gave up some big plays...THEY kept us IN this game! Penalties have ALSO been a HUGE issue with this team.

And God help me...I'm SOOOO sick of the "such and such is in Favre's pocket" and "Glazer is in MM"s pocket" crap. For GOD'S SAKE, PEOPLE.... LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favre is GONE...GET ON WITH LIFE!! This is the team we have...we can crticize them for Favre until the cows come home...but does that bring Brett back?!! NO!!! He's a Jet...I've LONG AGO accepted it. We ALL KNEW Rodgers would have SOME struggles this year...it's his FIRST YEAR! He WILL get better. He's already shown us he can play...but it didn't help him TODAY when he had NO OFFENSIVE LINE to block FOR HIM. We KNOW what he CAN do when he's got TIME to throw!

I'm as mad as everyone ELSE is...but even IF Brett were here...it DOESN'T mean we'd be any better....Brett doesn't compensate for a WEAK O-Line...and a Defense that CAN'T stop the run...and a team that OVERALL can't stop making STUPID penalties. Blame it on poor preparation? Fine...but even WITH Brett here...it doesn't mean we'd be any better. Despite two games where the Jets put up monster numbers...Brett hasn't exactly been fantastic this year. Aaron or in this case the D...GAVE us chances to win this year...and 4 out of the 5 losses...we were CLOSE. There's been at LEAST two occaisions where Brett and the Jets got destroyed this year. So..despite HIS setbacks...I'm still having faith in Aaron Rodgers. Did he screw up today? Yes. But you know what? It WASN'T all HIS fault!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know the more i see MM ,, he looks like SHERMAN out there ... he just doesnt seem willing to get after the players that arent playing the game good ... MM seens like a softy ... IMO but he just seems to be falling into that so so coach that green bay has seem before ... the guy has no swager at all .... then when i think about it ,,, i think alot of the big players lost respect for him ... the whole saga may have turned some of the vet players on MM ... driver ,, woodson ,, harris ,, barnett ,,, and im sure there is more .... these guys are watching thier super bowl shots go right down the drain ... im also sure every guy named worries about the train has left the station speech .... now that we are in the meat and potatios of the season ... i think we all need to take a look at what the whole saga was about ... im not in any way saying Rodgers isnt a good qb ,,, however playing for a green bay packer team that cant seem to buy any time for the qb ... rodgers isnt the first pick to have in green bay .... the difference is number 4 could get the ball away quick ... also i feel most of these close games we could have won with number 4 ... when you run a dirty ship ,, this is what happens ... its called karma ... when you lose your respect this is what happens ... but there is still more season ... who knows maybee we will win the nfc north ...

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know the games got a big mental component. The ONLY major difference this year is what? Say it with me...NO BRETT FAVRE> HE was the leader last season. The players played for HIM. I hoped for a wild card this season but it's not going to happen now. Ropdgers is pathetic. HE is why we are loosing games(ugly losses as well) and unless major changes are made we are going to fall back to the laughing stock we were before Brett Favre.
FIRE TT And possibly McCarthy. I'll watch the Jets for the rest of the season, seems Brett wasnt as washed up as TT thought.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
And God help me...I'm SOOOO sick of the "such and such is in Favre's pocket" and "Glazer is in MM"s pocket" crap. For GOD'S SAKE, PEOPLE.... LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favre is GONE...GET ON WITH LIFE!! This is the team we have...we can crticize them for Favre until the cows come home...but does that bring Brett back?!! NO!!! He's a Jet...I've LONG AGO accepted it. We ALL KNEW Rodgers would have SOME struggles this year...it's his FIRST YEAR! He WILL get better. He's already shown us he can play...but it didn't help him TODAY when he had NO OFFENSIVE LINE to block FOR HIM. We KNOW what he CAN do when he's got TIME to throw!!

Calm down PF4. It doesn't sound in the least like you are "over" this. You're pretty amped up about it & that's putting it lightly. Ease up on the exclamations.

I think most folks will agree that a lot of NFL QBs are better than average with "time to throw." Mark Rypien won a friggin' Super Bowl, right?

What GB fans came to love about the NAME was the way he performed under adverse conditions. His play-making ability is what endeared him to the entire state of WI & much of the country. Watching Rodgers cave under pressure last Sunday showed just how much he has to learn about being a playmaker.

This is what TT & MM wanted for this team in '08. They were willing to write off a possible deep run into the playoffs in order to let Rodgers learn while he burned.

That's what I've accepted about the '08 Packers. Do I likte it? Heck no, but it's my team & I'll go down with the ship & rise once again when the correct changes are made to remedy this sitch. :(

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
and a post note here: injuries have also hurt this team big time this year....

Injuries happen. They're no excuse. GB is playing a 1st-place schedule this year. That is also not an excuse. Play the game & play it well. Good thing's happen when preparation meets opportunity.

The '08 Patriots are in the same sitch as the '08 Packers. New QB, similar talent lost to injury, (Maroney's been a significant loss for them, now Adalius Thomas) yet they're 6-3.

The '08 Steelers have dealt with a ton of injuries as well & they're 6-3.

GB has not answered the challenge as well as most Packer fans expected they would. Is the whole "TT brought better depth" argument just a mirage? Maybe, but so far the Packers are failing this gut-check.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too think we are missing BF's leadership and poise but as long as our O line plays like this it won't matter WHO is under center. :( The shuffling of our O line by MM has been a fiasco. Clearly Clifton and Tauscher have declined remarkedly and Wells is getting manhandled in there. It's a wonder AR is still walking. :eek: MM made a mistake with Campen coaching this group. They are still making rookie mistakes this late in the season and it is killing us. :p

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Fox NFL Sunday today Terry Bradshaw just took a hardline position against TT & MM's handling of the Packers QB sitch last August. He pretty much stated "Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre - puh-lease!"

He came down on the side of every TT hater on these foums. Interesting.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
On Fox NFL Sunday today Terry Bradshaw just took a hardline position against TT & MM's handling of the Packers QB sitch last August. He pretty much stated "Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre - puh-lease!"

He came down on the side of every TT hater on these foums. Interesting.

That's great, at least until the cold December winds start howling.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, I'm not about to hammer MM this week because the scheme and play calling was fine. He even used the TEs. But look out if MM doesn't acknowledge what worked and continue to use it. If he goes back to what he tried in the Vikes game, I'll blow my stack again. (not that that will bother him.)

Mr Yuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys like you crack me up Lambow. :D
It's always easy to spot the "fans" who have only been Packer fans since the beginning of the Favre era.
Don't break your leg jumping off the bandwagon.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guys like you ??? LOL .. thats funny ... guys like you mr yuck would love to see the pack yuk it up all year ... us tru packers fans dont wanna sit back and watch this team get run in the dirt .... i think most of us packers fans have just loved watching our talanted team suck it up this season ... i wont lie there are some brite spots on our team .... but the fact of the matter is ,,, we let too many games go the wrong way ... and thats a fact ... so go ahead and yuk it up ,,, but ill be the first to tell you packers fans are pasoniate and dont wanna see the pack lose one game ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lambow said:
You know the games got a big mental component. The ONLY major difference this year is what? Say it with me...NO BRETT FAVRE> HE was the leader last season. The players played for HIM. I hoped for a wild card this season but it's not going to happen now. Ropdgers is pathetic. HE is why we are loosing games(ugly losses as well) and unless major changes are made we are going to fall back to the laughing stock we were before Brett Favre.
FIRE TT And possibly McCarthy. I'll watch the Jets for the rest of the season, seems Brett wasnt as washed up as TT thought.

Only difference is BF? He is a big part yes, but there are other issues with this team other then #4.

your entitled to your opinion, but sometimes its nice to toss out some facts to base your opinions.

Such as

Can you give us the quote that TT said Brett was washed up?

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
It's become too easy to rip TT so I've morphed into a glass-half-full personna. It calms my nerves & keeps my blood pressure at a healthier level.

Could this be the curse of losing the NFC Championship?

'06 Saints lose to CHI & then flop to 7-9 in '07.

'05 Panthers lose to SEA & then drop to 8-8 in '06.

'04 Falcons lose to PHI & then slip to 8-8 in '05.

Twice is a coincidence & thrice is a trend. Oh crap.

nope this is the curse of the mississippi hicky (look up curse of the bambino)

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
PackerFan4 said:
And God help me...I'm SOOOO sick of the "such and such is in Favre's pocket" and "Glazer is in MM"s pocket" crap. For GOD'S SAKE, PEOPLE.... LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favre is GONE...GET ON WITH LIFE!! This is the team we have...we can crticize them for Favre until the cows come home...but does that bring Brett back?!! NO!!! He's a Jet...I've LONG AGO accepted it. We ALL KNEW Rodgers would have SOME struggles this year...it's his FIRST YEAR! He WILL get better. He's already shown us he can play...but it didn't help him TODAY when he had NO OFFENSIVE LINE to block FOR HIM. We KNOW what he CAN do when he's got TIME to throw!!

Calm down PF4. It doesn't sound in the least like you are "over" this. You're pretty amped up about it & that's putting it lightly. Ease up on the exclamations.

I think most folks will agree that a lot of NFL QBs are better than average with "time to throw." Mark Rypien won a friggin' Super Bowl, right?

What GB fans came to love about the NAME was the way he performed under adverse conditions. His play-making ability is what endeared him to the entire state of WI & much of the country. Watching Rodgers cave under pressure last Sunday showed just how much he has to learn about being a playmaker.

Im not sure if that word is adequate here...but i believe what you are trying to say is favre tried to make things happen, and he had iron cast ******** with a nice chromed finnish.

FavreFanForLife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly do not know what TT was thinking when he traded Favre to the Jets. We were 13-2 last season, one play from the Big Game, and now we are 5-5 with almost no hope of going deep in the playoffs this year. Now I understand that Favre won't be around forever and the Pack needed to move on, but I think TT pushed Favre to retire when he wasn't ready. I do like the idea that when TT comes back from his "vacation" that he needs to look for a new GM since he can't seem to get the job done right. Let's trade our BEST QB we've had in the last 20 years or more and go with a guy who's never started a NFL game before. The team hasn't really changed from last season, so why change the QB when you were so close to the Bowl last season. Something tells me TT needs to check his ego and admit he was wrong to trade Favre based on how the season is going and how Favre is STILL playing.

jeha25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the excuse is that rodgers is a first round pick...and the second coming of jesus christ. And maybe he is...i mean he's very generous...3 picks against a 26th ranked pass def...wow

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually read or listen to mm's (he's lower case from now on) presser. I may not tomorrow since he'll not blast his under-achievers at all. And don't try to tell me that a HC shouldn't do that. This team is lazy and unmotivated. "Fat, dumb, and drunk is no way to go through life." I really don't believe they were drunk, though.
All in all, a terrible showing, proving once again that they are incapable of playing two good games in a row. The HC is very much responsible. The team mirrors his demeanor.

Staff online

Members online