Rip on TT and MM in here

scotman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
scotman said:
I don't believe that for a second. Rodgers does just fine, now if someone will block for him it would be nice, the offensive line is like swiss cheese. Too many holes.
The problem with this team right now goes beyond Favre being here. It comes down to giving great field position to the opposing team, and us having to start deep in our own territory,the defensive line could not stop my grandmother from running through them, the new corners are having a hard time covering, the linebackers are not all that great. So from that, I don't see how a change of Quarterback makes a big difference.
Ask Dallas without Romo or New England without Brady.

Don't need to, I WATCH this team, and see what's going on. Contrary to what a few think, this team is NOT failing for lack of Favre. Take the Favre glasses off for a minute and REALLY LOOK at this team. Favre did not play defense, nor special teams for the Packers.

Well it so happens I watch this team too. I will admit that this team has problems on both sides of the ball. To not admit that would be as silly as not seeing that letting our best player go was a very dumb move.

Favre did NOT play defense, special teams, or offensive line. Rodgers is doing just fine at QB.
Point well taken,but what Favre did do was keep our defense off the field by a passing game that was our bread and butter for years. I like Rodgers as much as the next guy, but he does not have the leadership or the slant pass Favre does. T.T.'s job is to put the best player on field for the Pack, he has failed to do this when he has had the chance to do so.

scotman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/brett-favre-playoff-28.jpg

Link for all of you......
It would have nice to just make the playoffs this year.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Cold hard reality...Favre is gone ! He is not coming back folks so move on already....by the way all the Favre/Rodgers debate goes under that topic not here.
"Point well taken,but what Favre did do was keep our defense off the field by a passing game that was our bread and butter for years. I like Rodgers as much as the next guy, but he does not have the leadership or the slant pass Favre does. T.T.'s job is to put the best player on field for the Pack, he has failed to do this when he has had the chance to do so."
If you really believe that then your border line insane..... he put our defense in more bad spots his first year then Rodgers..compare them first year starter to first year starter not in Favre's prime.
Last Favre post in this section ....put them where they belong !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
mike bat said:
wischeez said:
In my opinion, it carries farther down the coaching staff than MM. I think it is Sanders not motivating the defense(and possibly not teaching them) that is destroying them. Stock on special teams is not doing his job either. It pretty much comes down to coaching any way you look at it. No motivation, they don't play good, just sit and collect paychecks.

i agree to a point ... however the main people who caused this is TT and MM ... MM is the coach ,, if his people cant get this team together then he needs to get after them ... he needs to be a leader .. same gos with TT ... lack of leadership ,, lack of trust ,, lack of respect this is the problem in green bay ... i do believe TT and mm allowed all the negatives listed in the locker room .. and not olny allowed it ,, but rather created problems .. i do believe they lost the respect of the vet players ,, the team leaders ... after the whole saga played out you know what these vets are thinking ... what i watched this season was a team with out a leader or a purpose ... leaders dont tell veteren players the train has left the station ... leaders get the play makers on the field ... leaders are trusted by the players ... leaders make good choices ,, ones that lead there team to victory ... all arrows point to TT and MM ... there lack of leadership is what ran our 13-3 packers team to what it is today ... ya people can blame injury ,, we have had injurys .. but lets face it ,, we cant win a close game to save our lives ... we have no leader out there ... IMO MM is soft as a cookie ... he just wants to make excuse after excuse ... i just wanna hear what they have to say next ... al harris thinks hes out next ,, how can we have a team if there is no trust between players and managment .. i just see the team getting younger and younger ... players that were great last season just seem ok this one .. were are the leaders ,, whos responsabe ??? MM will direct the attention everywhere else ... TT is hiding somewhere he doesnt have anything to say ... so who ,, or where is the leader .. they certinly arent in the packers managment .... ok i think i got it all out ,, when you read this please uderstand my anger stems from frustration ... i want this team to do well ... i said it before ,, ill be a packers fan to the bloody end ...

I hear your frustration as I am in same place...But I hate when people say stuff like you have and pass it off as fact..

Did you know there are vets on this team that were happy that Brett was gone? In fact one big time vet was at dinner one night, clapped his hands real loud and said we finally slammed the book on Brett..Now if that vet ** was a protector of Brett for at least a few years ) would say that, how many other players on that team felt the same?

As far as MM being soft, and needs to get after people..

Are you in the locker room, are you in the coaches meetings?

How is it YOU know for a fact he is not screaming and swearing at the top of his lungs..

Could it just be he is the type of guy that doesnt want to call out players/coaches in public?

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i dont know that ... from what im seeing on the feild ,, hes not getting after the players ... same mistakes over and over ... but i do feel mm is a big part of the problem ... he is the coach ,, the packers are his team ... MM looks helpless ,, Sherman always had the same look ... i love the pack ,,, i just wish we had a coach that got after it .. maybee im wrong ,, but i really feel this is a managment issue ,, poor choices ,, poor leadership skills ,, poor attude ....

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
well i dont know that ... from what im seeing on the feild ,, hes not getting after the players ... same mistakes over and over ... but i do feel mm is a big part of the problem ... he is the coach ,, the packers are his team ... MM looks helpless ,, Sherman always had the same look ... i love the pack ,,, i just wish we had a coach that got after it .. maybee im wrong ,, but i really feel this is a managment issue ,, poor choices ,, poor leadership skills ,, poor attude ....

99% of that can be corrected with coaching. But not if you have the likes of Stock and Sanders doing it.
Poor choices, poor on-field leadership, and poor attitude are all coaching problems. Players attitudes CAN change if it's done right. Only problem is, if the coaching staff is not changed, you will see a repeat of this again. Blown coverages and incorrect alignments are coaching problems too.
Look how long it to Stock to realize his punter sucked, does that tell you anything? Special Teams is far from special.

Here is your coaching staff:

Head Coach

* Mike McCarthy
* Winston Moss - Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers

Offensive Coaches

* Joe Philbin - Offensive Coordinator
* Edgar Bennett - Running Backs
* James Campen - Offensive Line
* Tom Clements - Quarterbacks
* Jerry Fontenot - Assistant Offensive Line
* Ty Knott - Offensive Quality Control
* Ben McAdoo - Tight Ends
* Jimmy Robinson - Wide Receivers

Defensive Coaches

* Bob Sanders - Defensive Coordinator
* Carl Hairston - Defensive Ends
* Robert Nunn - Defensive Tackles
* Kurt Schottenheimer - Secondary
* Lionel Washington - Defensive Nickel Package/Cornerbacks
* Joe Whitt Jr. - Defensive Quality Control

Special Teams Coaches

* Mike Stock - Special Teams Coordinator
* Shawn Slocum - Assistant Special Teams

Strength & Conditioning Staff

* Rock Gullickson - Strength & Conditioning
* Mark Lovat - Assistant Strength & Conditioning
* Mondray Gee - Strength & Conditioning Assistant

This is where you begin looking for change.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the Favre talk needs to end. Favre is not missing tackles and blowing assignments. Favre is not giving an opposing QB 10 seconds to throw. Favre is not not blocking defensive linemen. Rodgers is a great QB and in the top 1/3rd of this league. The Packers need to get rid of MM and get somebody in there to rush the passer.

This team has 5 losses by 4 points or less.

Jmill831

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
All the Favre talk needs to end. Favre is not missing tackles and blowing assignments. Favre is not giving an opposing QB 10 seconds to throw. Favre is not not blocking defensive linemen. Rodgers is a great QB and in the top 1/3rd of this league. The Packers need to get rid of MM and get somebody in there to rush the passer.

TT needs to bring peppers to gb! Also get an OL that can give Rodgers time to throw the ball. If the pack get rid of sanders any ideas who will take his place?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
mike bat said:

Well I know for a fact that MM does scream and yell at players in private...

Why doesnt he do it in public who knows..

Tell us did he do it last year when someone screwed up? I do not recall a time at all he laid a guy out in public

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jmill831 said:
JenningsLongCatch said:

TT needs to bring peppers to gb! Also get an OL that can give Rodgers time to throw the ball. If the pack get rid of sanders any ideas who will take his place?

I totally agree. The Packers have the money to either add Julius Peppers or Albert Haynesworth. I perfer Haynesworth because the Titans have already agreed to not franchise him. If you add him, teams can no longer double-team Kampman. Hopefully, Cullen Jenkings returns from injury and Jeremey Thompson and Justin Harrell progress and give this team some depth.

Also, don't forget that if the Jets make the playoffs, GB will have two second round picks to go along with a top-12 pick 1st round pick. They'll have the ammo to move up and take the best available defensive end (which there are A LOT of) or best offensive lineman.

NEXT YEAR IS DEPENDENT ON HOW AGRESSIVE TT WANTS TO BE!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a ridiculous thread to have. Last year we were in the NFC championship. and we almost won it too. Yeah I think Ted Thompson needs to try and bag a prized free agent this off season and if he doesnt then we will have to pressure him. At this point though this threAD is ridiculous. one lousy season, filled with many injuries i might add is no reason to scrap the Gm and head coach. Besides McCarthy is doing a damn good job which is also a good thing that TT did. Come on people lets not all have our heads up our *****

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
This is just a ridiculous thread to have. Last year we were in the NFC championship. and we almost won it too. Yeah I think Ted Thompson needs to try and bag a prized free agent this off season and if he doesnt then we will have to pressure him. At this point though this threAD is ridiculous. one lousy season, filled with many injuries i might add is no reason to scrap the Gm and head coach. Besides McCarthy is doing a damn good job which is also a good thing that TT did. Come on people lets not all have our heads up our *****

What's ridiculous is you questioning the thread. Packer fans have EVERY right to question management as we own the team. The only one with there head up there backside is you for posting what amounts to a useless opinion on this thread.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:

Look at my post, top of page 8. See the coaches in red? The problem starts here. This thread is just as necessary as the Favre/Rodgers thread as it lets people vent. Everyones opinion is welcome here, even yours.

Jmill831

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at my post, top of page 8. See the coaches in red? The problem starts here. This thread is just as necessary as the Favre/Rodgers thread as it lets people vent. Everyones opinion is welcome here, even yours.

wischeez is right about the coaches in red they are problem. i dont think will have many more of these kind of seasons in the next few years remember we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jmill831 said:

[quote:17ffg2cs]wischeez is right about the coaches in red they are problem. i dont think will have many more of these kind of seasons in the next few years remember we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL.
[/quote:17ffg2cs]

BTW, welcome to the forums Jmill831

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:

We're no better off with TT/MM than we were with Mike Sherman HC/GM.

First 3 years as Head Coach:

Sherman '00-'02 33-15, 2 playoff appearances

McCarthy will be lucky to be 29-19, one playoff appearance

First 3 years as GM:

Sherman '02-'04 32-16, 3 straight division titles

TT '05-'07 25-23 & will be lucky to be 33-31 after '08, one divsion title

Ron Wolfe after 4 years at the helm? ('92-'95) 38-26, one division title

Mediocrity. Again. It got Ray Rhodes fired after one season. This will be MM's second time at that stage, if he's fortunate enough to win out.

What good did the change do for the won/loss record of the Green Bay Packers? "Wait a year or two" was the mantra of the always floundering teams of the 70s & 80s. It's unacceptable to have that mindset & any fan who utters it to compensate for the present state of this team needs their head examined. :(

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:

Totally false... The Packers have had the same problem for the past two years and nothing is being done to solve them. Why couldn't we beat the Giants last year? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. Why are we getting eatin up THIS YEAR? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. The Packers have no had a defensive end who can rush the passer opposite Aaron Kampman for A LONG TIME. It is time for something to get done.

Also, Green Bay needs to stop trying to get away cheap with interior offensive linemen. The interior line has been weak since Wahle and Rivera were allowed to leave.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
gopackgo4 said:

Totally false... The Packers have had the same problem for the past two years and nothing is being done to solve them. Why couldn't we beat the Giants last year? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. Why are we getting eatin up THIS YEAR? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. The Packers have no had a defensive end who can rush the passer opposite Aaron Kampman for A LONG TIME. It is time for something to get done.

Also, Green Bay needs to stop trying to get away cheap with interior offensive linemen. The interior line has been weak since Wahle and Rivera were allowed to leave.

:yes: This post says it all.

cdog127

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy!!!! You both took a team that was arguably a play away from the SUPERBOWL last year into a team that is no better than third in the division. Luckily, we have Detroit in our division, or we would be dead last. Sad thing is, they almost beat us back in Detroit this year. If it wasnt for our defense stepping up late, we would have been their one and only win.
It really takes some doing to have a very special year last year when we defied all odds, led by a determined veteran QB and a leader we are so missing this year. We followed the great season from a year ago with a FLOP...... 5-9 with two games to play? You suck TT. The window of oppurtunity in the NFL to get to the superbowl is short. You blew it, and I honestly dont see us going anywhere in the near future. Anyone who wants to hold out hope that TT will bring in a high profile free agent, get over it, he doesnt do that, he builds teams through the draft. Ted Thompson is simply the worst thing to happen to Green Bay EVER!
I wonder if TT and MM will enjoy watching Brett and the Jets in the playoffs? My guess is they will opt to not watch it and determine if there are any other "buddies" of Favre on the team so they can get rid of them too like every other buddy he had that he systematically got rid of. F you TT, your an a**hole and the best Christmas present for me would be for you to go back to Seattle you dumbf*ck

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
cdog127 said:
FYI- that was my first post on here, I am not a negative person, I just really despies TT and MM.

Welcome!!

and contrary to what many here may think

You can hate all you want,damn you can have him hanging from a noose for all I care..

But please do not make every post about how much Ted and MM suck at life...

That is what tends to get threads derailed and away from the topic at hand

Post often!!
and tell your friends

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I have been gone for quite awhile. I am glad to be back.

My husband and I have been posting on anotherboard, and we were reported by some people because we didn't llike TT and M&M, but we did like Brett.

I posted something this past week, and the name of the post was in Latiin. It means rest in peace. The moderator said I was stirring up the pot. My comment was that I was no longer going to post anything about Him Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned. Someone else had used that name earlier in reference to Brett.

So, we will no longer post on that board. I noticed on another thread that someone said you couldn't say anything about TT and M&Mon the board that the person was on. Well, guess what, that person is absolutely right. We were taken to task for that. Wonder if it was the same board.

BTW, a very good friend of ours told us the following and said that we could repeat it--and this person is a very good friend of the Favre family.

He said that after the Giants game last year, TT called Brett into his office and told him that they no longer have a place for him on the team. No wonder he retired. We also have another friend who has a friend who is related to Deanna Favre, and Deanna told this person that TT has been trying to get rid of Favre for the past three years. That is when all the waffling began with Brett.

Anyway, glad to be back, and I won't stay away this time.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that most of the players that TT got rid of are not any of the ones he picked. I think he wants a team that will be all of his picks. Mark my words, Taucher and Nick will be gone next year. JMHO

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was my Mike Sherman moment.

And it was the fullback dive on 4th and 2 that pushed me off the fence.

I have been willing to cut MM some slack but the play calling today was beyond pathetic. From the 1st play of the game it was obvious the Jags knew what was coming when we ran the ball. As soon as we motioned into the set the Jags knew what coming when we tried that stupid inside toss. So we try it about 6 more time with the same result.

Run right for a yard, run right for a yard, run right for a yard.

Hey...news Flash!....Moll sucks so quit running behind him!

Clean house at the end of this year or look at another wasted year next year.

TT, MM, Sanders, and everyone but Kampman on the Dline should be pink slipped.

Members online

Latest posts