Revis vs Asomugha

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think is better? I'm in an argument with my friends about this.... Personally i think Revis is better, but I'm a Cal fan. Asomugha is overpaid in my opinion... but hes still damn good.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson is the better of them...

But between the 2, it's Asomugah. In a TERRIBLE team, a TERRIBLE defense, he has been playing out of his mind for 3 years.

Revis was playing good, but only got his status now that a defensive guru in Rex Ryan came to the team and filled it with playmakers.

Besides, Revis is great at man coverage. Perhaps the best in the league. But that's it. Woodson and Asomugah are better in zone coverage, they're better in tackling...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Didn't Revis go to Pitt?

I think it's hard to know which one's better. People threw at Revis this year, because going in they had no idea he'd be this good. They didn't throw at Asomugha nearly as much because he'd already established himself as one of the best.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
asomugha please.. i would love him opposite woodson.. gives me goosebumps thinkin about it... the guy is out of his mind

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson is the better of them...

But between the 2, it's Asomugah. In a TERRIBLE team, a TERRIBLE defense, he has been playing out of his mind for 3 years.

Revis was playing good, but only got his status now that a defensive guru in Rex Ryan came to the team and filled it with playmakers.

Besides, Revis is great at man coverage. Perhaps the best in the league. But that's it. Woodson and Asomugah are better in zone coverage, they're better in tackling...
i would argue that revis is better at man coverage.. in 08 namdi didnt get a pass throw his direction in 6 straight games..i would take him in man coverage also over revis.

Didn't Revis go to Pitt?

I think it's hard to know which one's better. People threw at Revis this year, because going in they had no idea he'd be this good. They didn't throw at Asomugha nearly as much because he'd already established himself as one of the best.
nope i believe he is still a jet