Remember when Aaron first played?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a game against our second rivalry, Dallas, and Brett went out and Aaron came in.
I figured we were going to lose when I saw that happen and we did.
However the media and fans saw things in Aaron they liked and showed promise.
So how come that promise is not seen as much in Hundley?
What was seen in Aaron beyond losing the game?
Could the same thing happen here but this time he wins games for us?
I guess asking for a Cinderella miracle is too much, but it's all I got right now.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a game against our second rivalry, Dallas, and Brett went out and Aaron came in.
I figured we were going to lose when I saw that happen and we did.
However the media and fans saw things in Aaron they liked and showed promise.
So how come that promise is not seen as much in Hundley?
What was seen in Aaron beyond losing the game?
Could the same thing happen here but this time he wins games for us?
I guess asking for a Cinderella miracle is too much, but it's all I got right now.

idk if it's because he's black but I liked what I saw in Hundley for the most part

His first 2 picks were a result of not enough reps/film study/practice which was confirmed that he had ZERO snaps with them already

But he made some really nice plays and displayed the physical abilities, that you can't teach, to be successful

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk if it's because he's black but I liked what I saw in Hundley for the most part

His first 2 picks were a result of not enough reps/film study/practice which was confirmed that he had ZERO snaps with them already

But he made some really nice plays and displayed the physical abilities, that you can't teach, to be successful
I thought it was exciting to see him throw a touchdown pass.
I was like, "Alright! This guy can throw!"

So yeah, like you I'm willing to understand and give him a break.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his back shoulder throw to Jordy, the deep ball was a throw most NFL quarterbacks can't make

a few of the comeback/back shoulder throws to Jordy and Davante on the intermediate routes on the sidelines are also not "easy" passes by any means

His touchdown pass to Davante also showed he can atleast extend plays with his feet and pass

He should have had 2 touchdown passes

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was a 1st round pick, Hundley was a 5th.
Rodgers was 18-26 for 201 and a td, Hundley was 18-33 for 157, 1td and 3 ints.
everyone liked Rodgers' performances back then but thought he was injury prone. everyone's seen Hundley's performances as just kinda meh. the eye test was night and day. you're right that maybe with some time he'll prove to be more than anyone thinks. he'll certainly get his chance now. i'm hoping for the best.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone liked Rodgers' performances back then but thought he was injury prone. everyone's seen Hundley's performances as just kinda meh. the eye test was night and day. you're right that maybe with some time he'll prove to be more than anyone thinks. he'll certainly get his chance now. i'm hoping for the best.

Yeah, I don't think the Vikings having multiple Pro Bowlers on their defense, INCLUDING Hunter Smith and Xavier Rhodes in their secondary, had anything to do with Hundley not having a better performance or anything

It's not well known that the Vikings have a good defense or anything at all

Mijapi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can’t compare Hundley’s first game action to Rodgers’. We lost three key offensive lineman as well, so he was basically playing the majority of the game with probably one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Not trying to be mean to our backup offensive lineman, but they’re backups for a reason. You can’t expect immediate success with a patchwork line and backup quarterback. Give it Time.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mean i hope he does well and increases his value
but i'm not that excited about it
he's not the future of this team, because arod isn't all that old

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can’t compare Hundley’s first game action to Rodgers’. We lost three key offensive lineman as well, so he was basically playing the majority of the game with probably one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Not trying to be mean to our backup offensive lineman, but they’re backups for a reason. You can’t expect immediate success with a patchwork line and backup quarterback. Give it Time.
They were back ups to back ups. It was brutal against a very good Dline. But i'm not gonna sugar coat how he looked. He looked bad. He overshot people a ton, there were reasons, but he also could have tossed 6 picks that day too. It wasn't pretty.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this: Hundley didn't look "deer in headlights" like I kept hearing yesterday.

I actually thought he looked abnormally calm. He was chewing gum and almost dead eyed at the line.

That to me is a good thing. He is comfortable in the seat, but I think a week of reps with first team will help the timing things needed in this offense.

Hoping to see some pocket movement with our tattered line next week and some less complex route trees.

I do think that if teams force hundley to beat them with a game plan to his style of play, it may backfire.

He has talent, he can make some of our bread and butter throws, and he can escape. He just isn't Superman. More Jacoby Brissett

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya'll wonder if this might be a primetime Fox game?

I have a feeling Hundley will tear up the Saints defense which doesn't scare anyone obviously

NO Hunter Smith
NO Xavier Rhodes

Reaction score
I know you're just stating facts so I'm just picking on you a little here. First, Brett Hundley was not a projected starter in this game.
As a true comparison in Aaron's first 9 games between 2005-2007 here was his stat line for his first NFL regular season games...

#12 was 35-59 (59.3%) for 329 yards over a 7 game span. Over those same 7 games he had 1 TD and 1INT and a passer rating of 64.67%

This game would've been difficult even for Aaron Rodgers to win with all the down Lineman. Hundley is lucky he wasn't injured worse IMO. Keep in mind we are comparing stats for Hundley on the road against a very good Defense while Aaron's stats have a more balanced opponent grouping.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the Vikings having multiple Pro Bowlers on their defense, INCLUDING Hunter Smith and Xavier Rhodes in their secondary, had anything to do with Hundley not having a better performance or anything.
i'm not dissing minn's D. if you look you'll see the cowboys D had 4 pro bowlers, and a very good D in general, that year (2007).

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you're just stating facts so I'm just picking on you a little here. First, Brett Hundley was not a projected starter in this game.
As a true comparison in Aaron's first 9 games between 2005-2007 here was his stat line for his first NFL regular season games...

#12 was 35-59 (59.3%) for 329 yards over a 7 game span. Over those same 7 games he had 1 TD and 1INT and a passer rating of 64.67%

This game would've been difficult even for Aaron Rodgers to win with all the down Lineman. Hundley is lucky he wasn't injured worse IMO. Keep in mind we are comparing stats for Hundley on the road against a very good Defense while Aaron's stats have a more balanced opponent grouping.
i was responding to the original posters question. Rodgers clearly wasn't the projected starter in that game either.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First two INTs for were not really his mistake. It was exemplary play from Vikings players. The throws were spot on and good % throws imo.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First two INTs for were not really his mistake. It was exemplary play from Vikings players. The throws were spot on and good % throws imo.

The first int was thrown BEHIND Geronimo... it's a practice rep thing

Sideline throws on outs are all about practice/timing/consistency

His second int was lack of film study/prep... I really don['t believe he saw Hunter Smith there, but then again, I don't believe he watched enough film of the Vikings D in his weekly prep to be prepared

D

Deleted member 6794

Hundley's throws that were intercepted were definitely not spot on.

Members online

Latest posts