Refs did it again..

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obviously ticks me off but I at least give Mike Perrara credit for admitting the ref was wrong. I would of been even madder if they tried coming up with an excuse

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It's good that the head of officials is willing to talk honestly about this stuff. I'm less mad than I was a few days ago, although that would not be the case had we lost the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it ****** me off still.

TWO!! count em TWO!!! Touchdowns negated by TERRIBLE CALLS!

Bubbas push out.
Tauschs phantom hold.

that is absolutely unacceptable. seriously unacceptable. it is just a game. but its a game with a TON of money invested. and then a crew makes two absolutely terrible calls, ON MAJOR plays. thats what they get paid to do... and they screwed it up beyond belief.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Funny thing is, they screwed up, yet we came away with the win. Too bad we weren't as fortunate against the Bears.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. The thing that really surprises me is how this is the most obvious force out I have seen and I am one who definitely agrees that it is the hardest to call, but you can clearly see the defender jump into the air with his arm extended to drive him out and his vision stays locked onto Bubba. He never makes a play for the ball. I was shocked to see just how quickly the defender leaped into the air. That is crazy!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With respect to not wanting to review or challenge judgment calls... maybe have levels of review.

For a judgment call, they get 30 seconds of review and that's it. And actually enforce this time limit. Shut the monitor off in 30 seconds or something.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i give perrera a lot of credit...he's a no nonsence straight shooter...very refreshing.

I also think it'd be difficult to implement an instant replay for force outs. In bubba's case it's pretty obvious...but that's dissproportionatly on one side of the spectrum from most force out calls.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, they screwed up, yet we came away with the win. Too bad we weren't as fortunate against the Bears.

last year and year b4 those would have broke this team

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wtf, I am watching this and Mike is saying its a judgment call so its not reviewable..

isnt EVERY play that ends with a tackle a judgment call where the ball should be placed?? Or am I just grasping on that

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wtf, I am watching this and Mike is saying its a judgment call so its not reviewable..

isnt EVERY play that ends with a tackle a judgment call where the ball should be placed?? Or am I just grasping on that

By bringing that up, that brings up a new rule this year.

Down by contact fumbles are reviewable and I believe that if the defense did recover the fumble and it is evident that they would have no matter what, then the defensive team does retain the ball.

Again, I thought I heard this in a preseason game, and if this is the case, I see no reason why a force out couldn't be reviewed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

By bringing that up, that brings up a new rule this year.

Down by contact fumbles are reviewable and I believe that if the defense did recover the fumble and it is evident that they would have no matter what, then the defensive team does retain the ball.

Again, I thought I heard this in a preseason game, and if this is the case, I see no reason why a force out couldn't be reviewed.

I do know what they are saying bout it..But one would think that type of play HAS to be reviewed...

As Mike said, they have to look at 3 things, or determain 3 things..2 are pretty easy but to see if the D player was pushing him out, I think is sort of hard to do..

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But why say it can't be reviewed?

They always have the word "inconclusive" to fall back on.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice to hear them admit they screwed up.....again. But is this something we are gonna have to deal with all season? Refs in the big leagues that can't make big league type calls? Even their boss could see how bad a call it was. Even with Franks being full body shoved like that, he still came down with his one foot less then a foot out of bounds. It still ticks me off that they missed that obvious of a call.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been mentioned on a couple of the other threads, but it really begs the question whether someone wearing a striped shirt wanted Washington to cover the spread?

Does anyone know if it was the same ref who made both bad calls?

It doesn't hurt the Pack because we won at the end of it all, but with the parity in this league, losing a game on a botched push-out call could be the difference between playoffs or not. That is big bucks for the owners. The league should really allow this type of play to be reviewed, and as axel mentions they can always say it is inconclusive in cases wear it is too difficult to make a decision one way or the other.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one of the holding calls (I think it was the second one) was made by the head referee the other one obviously was made in the endzone.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe they were fined one game's pay. I read it somewhere, but am too busy now to find the article. Chances are, it was on either nfl.com or yahoo sports.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i believe they were fined one game's pay. I read it somewhere, but am too busy now to find the article. Chances are, it was on either nfl.com or yahoo sports.
Cool. Yeah I looked but couldnt find it. I'm sure last weeks crew will get fined too. As they should.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, fined a game's pay? I was pissed but now I almost feel bad for them. Harsh mistake to make. But then again, they usually have other jobs anyway.
I guess the golden rule of officiating is "Don't be stupid."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, fined a game's pay? I was pissed but now I almost feel bad for them. Harsh mistake to make. But then again, they usually have other jobs anyway.
I guess the golden rule of officiating is "Don't be stupid."

they do all have other jobs. That's what differentiates them from MLB and NBA refs, for example. So, one game's pay isn't the worst for them. On the other hand, if the NFL were to employ refs full-time, and require more of them between Monday and Saturday, maybe these types of mistakes wouldn't happen.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are you guys coming from?

Have any of you EVER officiated anything? It is not easy whatsoever. Mistakes are made. How much are YOU fined when you make a mistake at work?

Wrong calls, yes they were. Get over it. Happens to the best of them. We have also benefited from bad calls too.

Members online

Latest posts