Rebuilding Hurts, but It's Worth It

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan....why would Favre be good for Washington but is hampering this team? It's pretty obvious to the coaches and anybody with eyes that Brett is a better QB than Rodgers.

So excuse me if I don't take too much credence from a bear fan that has been *****-slapped by Brett for the last decade and a half. Admit it you know he's not done and you just want him out before week 17.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Greg C. said:
pyledriver80 said:
You say there has to be "at least some hope" of a championship. Making the playoffs is a pretty good start. You had no hope with MS's playoff appearances but have hope with a 4-12 team? Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. I don't have any immediate hope because clearly the team is not going to be a contender this year, and maybe not next year either. All I am hoping for at this point is that the Packers return to prominence in the next few years. Whether that will actually happen is anybody's guess. But I just didn't see them going any farther with Sherman. In 2003 and 2004 the team had a lot of talent in place on offense and was relatively injury-free, but both years they had to scramble just to get into the playoffs, and they did not do much once they got in. With relatively low draft picks and very little salary cap room, I did not see how they were going to improve the defense very much.

I understand that but if you are getting to the playoffs consistently you can't be THAT far away. Why go and rebuild a Playoff team? Thats like hiking up a mountain then getting 50 feet from the top and rolling back down.

Also, I don't know where the optimism comes from. It HAS to be just pure faith. There is nothing that TT has done that gives me any hope.

I have to agree with Pyle.....you gotta get to the playoffs before you can go to the SuperBowl. It looks like right now we are a few years away from the playoffs at least. Of course I still think we can be 12-4 as long as Brett is here.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Bears fan....why would Favre be good for Washington but is hampering this team? It's pretty obvious to the coaches and anybody with eyes that Brett is a better QB than Rodgers.

So excuse me if I don't take too much credence from a bear fan that has been *****-slapped by Brett for the last decade and a half. Admit it you know he's not done and you just want him out before week 17.

Get back into your time machine and come back to the present day.

True, there are not many Bear fans that want 1996 Favre in week 17. However, I think that you would be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't want another piece of 2006 Favre in December of this year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
DePack said:

Get back into your time machine and come back to the present day.

True, there are not many Bear fans that want 1996 Favre in week 17. However, I think that you would be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't want another piece of 2006 Favre in December of this year.

We'll see. If that were true you probably wouldn't be trying to convince us that the Pack should trade Favre.

So in your demented beaten down mind, the Packers would have a better shot at beating the cubbies with Rodgers. :lol:

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
We'll see. If that were true you probably wouldn't be trying to convince us that the Pack should trade Favre.

So in your demented beaten down mind, the Packers would have a better shot at beating the cubbies with Rodgers. :lol:

They're not suggesting that Rodgers is a better player than Favre, they are saying that Rodgers needs to get in the game and develop with the rest of the team. Favre is only helping if the team has a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl. I think we can all agree that there is no such chance. Rodgers helps the team by getting better with game experience. He doesn't need to throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. He doesn't even have to win. He just needs to get in there. Just like Alex Smith in San Francisco.

I don't think that Favre will be traded, nor do I want Favre to be traded. I do realize, however, that Rodgers needs to get in the game and the only person stopping him is Brett Favre.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Well excuse me for trying to help spread some optimism. If you cant piece why a QB like Favre could be adequate in a place like Washington vs. what he has in Green Bay, perhaps you should try being less of a homer and more of an educated fan.

Oh, and I CANT WAIT for week 17. Our crowd will up the D's Tempo so much with it likely being Favre's last game, he will be running for his life, and I will RELISH every second of his final dismantling. They will be GUNNING for the ole' pill head and he will probably be injured.

Troll.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
DePack said:

They're not suggesting that Rodgers is a better player than Favre, they are saying that Rodgers needs to get in the game and develop with the rest of the team. Favre is only helping if the team has a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl. I think we can all agree that there is no such chance. Rodgers helps the team by getting better with game experience. He doesn't need to throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. He doesn't even have to win. He just needs to get in there. Just like Alex Smith in San Francisco.

I don't think that Favre will be traded, nor do I want Favre to be traded. I do realize, however, that Rodgers needs to get in the game and the only person stopping him is Brett Favre.

Thank you for putting that into words which I apparently could not.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers may be our future and he may not but I just look at the Bears and realize there's no rush to try the next QB. They've been running through them for 10 years now and are still looking. Maybe Rex is the answer but till you get a QB to play a whole season it's hard to accept being told to get rid of a guy who still gives us the best chance to win. Funny how to a lot of fans the best QB on the team is always the backup. I'm sure if Aaron struggles everyone will come on here saying we have to move him cause he's keeping us from moving on with Martin

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, I'm not saying that Favre is hurting the team. In fact, he is helping it in a huge way right now. The only problem is that the team isn't good right now. Rodgers could be getting better, which means that he would be better when the team is in a position to make another run at the playoffs.

Favre is helping short term and hurting long term. I'm glad he's still a Packer though. This season would be even tougher to watch without him.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I don't think it hurt Steve McNair to sit 2 years.

It may not have helped though. :wink:

I think that every rookie QB should sit for a full year, but he needs game experience after that. It's not hurting Aaron to sit, but he's not progressing as much as he could be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best players should be playing. Unfortunately that has been lost on some of you. If Rodgers wants to play, he needs to be the QB that gives the Packers the best chance at winning.

If he can't beat out "a washed up old QB" like Favre than get the f*** off the team.

And why is Driver playing? What about Green? why not play a couple rookies that will be here 5 years from now.

Idiots.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
The best players should be playing. Unfortunately that has been lost on some of you. If Rodgers wants to play, he needs to be the QB that gives the Packers the best chance at winning.

If he can't beat out "a washed up old QB" like Favre than get the f*** off the team.

And why is Driver playing? What about Green? why not play a couple rookies that will be here 5 years from now.

Idiots.

How could you forget Henderson in your analysis? The opposite to this line of thinking is why are we playing KGB? The answer is his contract, because I don't think he brings the most to the table. He should be rotated in with Jenkins and Corey Williams on passing downs. Montgomery should play in the base defense. Sometimes the guys playing are the ones with the big bucks.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks BearPerspective for an excellent post - measured and classy, given what you could have said :oops:

Sorry that some of our number have reacted with a knee-jerk :wink: I think you understand that we are in pain just now!

It is sure going to be a long season - who knows if TT and MM are up to the task? Certainly it is too early to tell, but no-one could argue right now that the signs are good!!

Enjoy your Bears and any success going! I'd love to think that we will be competing again before long, but for now ... we are :eek:wned:

Chris

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Idiots.

Did I ever say that Favre should not be playing? I said that Rodgers needs game experience to develop. The problem with that is that we have a future hall of famer who's still one of the best QBs in the league who should be playing as well. Favre should play. Rodgers should play. Those are both facts. It is impossible to do both though. Stating the fact that in order for Rodgers to be the best QB he can be, he needs to get in the game is NOT saying that Favre is "washed up" or benched. Don't put words in my mouth.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
DePack said:

Idiots.

Did I ever say that Favre should not be playing? I said that Rodgers needs game experience to develop. The problem with that is that we have a future hall of famer who's still one of the best QBs in the league who should be playing as well. Favre should play. Rodgers should play. Those are both facts. It is impossible to do both though. Stating the fact that in order for Rodgers to be the best QB he can be, he needs to get in the game is NOT saying that Favre is "washed up" or benched. Don't put words in my mouth.

Kind of all over the place with that one! I think you covered all your bases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts