Randall Cobb is...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO I think he is gonna leave.. just because of the depth they have and Rodgers loves davante Adams they will resign Adams and they ain't gonna pay Adams Nelson and Cobb big money in three WRs. They have to many mouths to feed they should really trade him for some defense of player.. I think before the deadline... although I won't be surprised one bit if they just flat out release him on final cut down day like what they did with sitton last yr.. what are you're guys thought am I out on a limb or does this make sense?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way they release or trade cobb this season. Maybe prior to next season but even then i could see TT keeping adams cap number low in first year of his deal so cobb can stay for last year of his. Reason i say no way this year is because hes too important to rodgers and bo one else is ready to take his place.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point to tho I guess we will just have to see what happens although other teams might not take any trade bait in his last yr cuz they may suspect him to be cut

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also depends on how well cobbs production is this year too.. I like the guy tho

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is too expensive to trade, whod take him, and cutting him would leave too much dead cap money/sunk cost.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this in another thread. Who will play the slot if Cobb is gone? Who on the Packers can play the slot better than Cobb?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cobb is still a reliable slot receiver that can get the job done more than any of these rookie receivers. adams and nelson may be the go-to receivers but cobb is still more reliable than the rookies we have. also I would rather him than davis or g-mo.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Cobb really is the only real slot wr we have makes him expendable. In fact, I would t be surprised to see Adams gone before Cobb. Mcaffrey and that dude who's a former basket player look like players. Adams had great numbers last year but i think Rodgers can elevate the play of a Lot of WRs.

Also Don't be shocked if this is Jordys last yr. especially if he's outplayed by the younger Cobb and Adams. Unless he takes less money to stay in GB.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe there is much of a chance of Cobb leaving this season. But I do believe his production won't be much over 500yds due to all the young receivers like Gmo who I see having a better statistical season than Cobb. With Adams I see him having a monster season, making him harder to resign.

Reaction score
IMO I think he is gonna leave.. just because of the depth they have and Rodgers loves davante Adams they will resign Adams and they ain't gonna pay Adams Nelson and Cobb big money in three WRs. They have to many mouths to feed they should really trade him for some defense of player.. I think before the deadline... although I won't be surprised one bit if they just flat out release him on final cut down day like what they did with sitton last yr.. what are you're guys thought am I out on a limb or does this make sense?

You could be right. although I hate to see any of them go.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is our best slot receiver. He's farther down on our list of best WRs, but you need a capable player here. If we develop someone to take over then he is expendable.

Also Don't be shocked if this is Jordys last yr. especially if he's outplayed by the younger Cobb and Adams. Unless he takes less money to stay in GB.
I actually agree with this sentiment, but Jordy's contract runs through 2018 (same as Cobb) which I think will be his last year unless a bunch of these WRs bust. McCaffrey might be his replacement as well as Allison and others.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread.

Cobb is set to make about 15 million over the next two seasons with about 10 million guaranteed.

Cutting or trading him would have the Packers paying him twice as much as they'd save.

In other words, not going to happen.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are times when Cobb looks so focused that I believe he cannot be stopped. At other times he does not seem to get open. I agree that he is built to play the slot. I hope this year he comes with the intensity (especially around playoff time).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if the Rams would take Cobb for Trumain Johnson on the tag, straight up, would you do it?

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if the Rams would take Cobb for Trumain Johnson on the tag, straight up, would you do it?
That's a tough one I haven't seen enough of Johnson to evaluate that. I j. Jenkins was better than Johnson. My one guy on our team that I have watched that I think might be good and can tackle is Daquan Holmes undrafted FA he was out there making plays against the eagles he is my sleeper to make the team I liked his intensity

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's a tough one I haven't seen enough of Johnson to evaluate that. I j. Jenkins was better than Johnson. My one guy on our team that I have watched that I think might be good and can tackle is Daquan Holmes undrafted FA he was out there making plays against the eagles he is my sleeper to make the team I liked his intensity

Jenkins was definitely better than Johnson. However, the latter would still probably be our best corner immediately by a pretty wide margin. They have the cap space to handle the tag number so they could just leave him on it for a while and see what they have. And Cobb is a cut candidate after this season anyhow, so it's not as though you're giving up a long term asset. I think I make that deal if it's me.

One thing I will say-- there are corners to be had right now. Darby and Gaines were already moved. Johnson and Breaux are rumored to be on the market.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was definitely better than Johnson. However, the latter would still probably be our best corner immediately by a pretty wide margin. They have the cap space to handle the tag number so they could just leave him on it for a while and see what they have. And Cobb is a cut candidate after this season anyhow, so it's not as though you're giving up a long term asset. I think I make that deal if it's me.
I know we need to do something I think Randall and Rollins just aren't gonna cut it... I actually have d Randall as a friend on my PlayStation and played madden with him this summer and he said that the injuries were what slowed him down and he said he is getting 7 picks at least this yr lol
One thing I will say-- there are corners to be had right now. Darby and Gaines were already moved. Johnson and Breaux are rumored to be on the market.

Reaction score
cobb is still a reliable slot receiver that can get the job done more than any of these rookie receivers. adams and nelson may be the go-to receivers but cobb is still more reliable than the rookies we have. also I would rather him than davis or g-mo.
There's been plenty of talk about Nelson slipping into the slot mostly full time as he ages.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is our best slot receiver. He's farther down on our list of best WRs, but you need a capable player here. If we develop someone to take over then he is expendable.

I actually agree with this sentiment, but Jordy's contract runs through 2018 (same as Cobb) which I think will be his last year unless a bunch of these WRs bust. McCaffrey might be his replacement as well as Allison and others.

Nelson will get another contract in green bay. I know a 3rd contract in gb is rare but nelson is aaron rodgers donald driver ( favre) only hes a much better player than driver was so i tgonk hell be more productive on his 3rd deal

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson will get another contract in green bay. I know a 3rd contract in gb is rare but nelson is aaron rodgers donald driver ( favre) only hes a much better player than driver was so i tgonk hell be more productive on his 3rd deal

To be fair Driver was Jordys age competing with a young Jennings, Jones, and Jory Nelson.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread.

Cobb is set to make about 15 million over the next two seasons with about 10 million guaranteed.

Cutting or trading him would have the Packers paying him twice as much as they'd save.

In other words, not going to happen.
Yeah, you were wrong there too.
About $9.5m cash each of the next 2 years. $8.6m base salary with the rest bonuses. $6.5m dead cap this year drops to $3.25m next season, (they don't add together.)

Members online

Latest posts